per adult (price varies by group size)
Lowest price guaranteeReserve now & pay laterFree cancellation
Duration: 8–12 hours
Start time: Check availability
What's not included
- Sanctuary Mountain & guided tour
- Picnic lunch
- Waitomo - Footwhistle guided tour
- Bottled water
- Entry/Admission - Pukeatua
- Entry/Admission - Footwhistle Glowworm Cave
- Excess luggage charges (where applicable)
- Departure details
- Traveler pickup is offered.
- Private homes, Serviced Apartments, Motels, anywhere within central Auckland and the inner suburbs, Auckland Airport.
- Auckland Intl Airport, Auckland Central, Auckland New Zealand
- Ports of Auckland, Tinley Street Gate, Ports of Auckland, Tinley Street, Auckland CBD, Auckland 1010, New Zealand
- Hotel pickup is offered. View the hotel list on our checkout page to see if yours is included among the pickup points.
If you have questions about accessibility, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 66009P8
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Infant seats available
- Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- How much is Sanctuary Mountain (Mt Maungatautari) & Waitomo Luxury Day tour from Auckland?
- Sanctuary Mountain (Mt Maungatautari) & Waitomo Luxury Day tour from Auckland price starts from $364.27. Discover and book Sanctuary Mountain (Mt Maungatautari) & Waitomo Luxury Day tour from Auckland on Tripadvisor
- What is the Sanctuary Mountain (Mt Maungatautari) & Waitomo Luxury Day tour from Auckland cancellation policy?
- Sanctuary Mountain (Mt Maungatautari) & Waitomo Luxury Day tour from Auckland cancellation policy: For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Discover and book Sanctuary Mountain (Mt Maungatautari) & Waitomo Luxury Day tour from Auckland on Tripadvisor
- Which company provides Sanctuary Mountain (Mt Maungatautari) & Waitomo Luxury Day tour from Auckland?
- Sanctuary Mountain (Mt Maungatautari) & Waitomo Luxury Day tour from Auckland is hosted by Zest Tours. Read reviews, discover additonal experiences or contact Zest Tours on Tripadvisor. Discover and book Sanctuary Mountain (Mt Maungatautari) & Waitomo Luxury Day tour from Auckland on Tripadvisor
- How much time do I need for Sanctuary Mountain (Mt Maungatautari) & Waitomo Luxury Day tour from Auckland?
- On average, this experience will take approximately 8h. Discover and book Sanctuary Mountain (Mt Maungatautari) & Waitomo Luxury Day tour from Auckland on Tripadvisor
- If you have questions about this tour or need help making your booking, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 66009P8
Reserve your spot
- You'll get picked upSee departure details
- 1St Andrews Anglican ChurchStop: 10 minutesSee detailsPass byMighty River Domain, Lake Karapiro
- 2Sanctuary Mountain - MaungatautariStop: 90 minutes - Admission includedSee detailsPass byOtorohanga isite Visitor Information Centre
- 3Footwhistle Glowworm CaveStop: 75 minutes - Admission includedSee details
- You'll return to the starting point
About the operator
Joined in July 2019
#106 of 196 Tours & Activities in Auckland Central
- brendawP785NG00Wonderful way to meet Auckland.Our guide, Keith, was wonderful. He took his time allowing our group time for photos, breaks when needed and he stopped for coffee and treated us. We loved our time on the tour.
- J1584DVmiker00Tour booked, paid for. Told 8 hours later that they were overbooked. Oops!We booked and paid via Viatour (a tour broker I guess) early in the day for a tour day-after-tomorrow. 8 hours later we were informed that "there was no room at the inn' so to speak. We were told that the provider was -- somehow -- "triple booked". So, after paying and spending the day NOT looking for another tour we have no tour and no alternatives were offered This may be a great tour with great guides but leaving clients in the lurch this way i not acceptable thus the terrible rating. So if you book, do so with care and include a willingness to be kicked to the curb by the operator.
- Dak-Dok00Excellent tourKeith was wonderful, picked us at our hotel and the day was great. He took very good care of us. The stops were timed just right and the eating places were excellent. We saw dolphins and the catamaran went thru the "hole in the rock". He went out of his way to take us to the hardware store so we could buy an adapter. All together it was a fabulous day. I would highly recommend this trip to anyone.
- DEBORAH O00FabulousWe were thoroughly entertained by our guide Danilo as we wandered around Hobiton. The village itself is an amazing example of imagination and ingenuity. I really loved this place which captured the feeling and tone of scenes from the movies. The video messages seen in the bus to and from really introduced the fondness Jackson has for his country. Well worth the visit.
- MylaBailey00Overview of Auckland and transport to airportWe disembarked our cruise ship in the morning and with a mid-afternoon flight had made arrangements for a half-day tour of Auckland. Keith picked us up in a comfortable van that accommodated all our luggage and took us to some places with great views and historical value. He gave us the choice of more touring or lunch stop, and delivered us to the airport in time for our flight.
- 5Traveler500Great Overview of Auckland!Keith met us at the cruise ship and took great care of us. We needed a vehicle that could accommodate a knee rover and a guide who could select an appropriate itinerary. Keith was great, provided a good tour and we learned a great deal.
- Sheila A00greatA great tour would advise everyone to visit this place it is a great day out also called at rotarua hot spring where the meal was cooked in front of you by a moaria lady
- GSOLady00Great tour, at the airport in time for flightKeith was punctual meeting the ship and had brought his trailer for our luggage. He drove us all around Auckland with several stops along the way for photo opportunities.
- Adam E00Im going on an adventure!Lord of the rings fans eat your heart out, this tour is a must when in New Zealnd.You get to visit the set of hobbiton village and have a pint of beer in the pub. The tour guides are very entertaining and the coach driver is greta at telling stories as you pass by landmarks. Well worth money, do it!
- VAjanet00Private Driver to the attractionsKeith was on time to pick us up from our hotel. We were quickly on our way to the attractions that we were interested seeing. We traveled in his Jaguar which was comfortable and pleasant. Keith told us about the areas we drove through, but left the information on Hobbiton and Waitomo to the local guides. I thought we were going to be in a small group tour with others and commentary on where we were going and what we would see, so I was surprised that it was just the two of us with a private driver, not really a tour. We have no complaints about the day, we just were expecting something different. We would recommend Keith to anyone who wanted a private driver. He was kind, courteous, thoughtful and professional. Just be aware of what you are reserving.