Lowest price guaranteeReserve now & pay laterFree cancellation
Ages 0-99, max of 4 per group
Duration: 3h 30m
Start time: Check availability
What's not included
- Professional photographer guide
- Food and drinks
- Transportation to/from attractions
- Departure details
- Old Farm Road, Old Farm Rd, South Hobart TAS 7004, Australia
- 29 Victoria Esplanade, Bellerive TAS 7018, Australia Tour is self drive, so participants need to have their own transport. Tour finishes after a sunset shoot from Bellerive.
If you have questions about accessibility, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 12994P2
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Self drive workshop - meeting time will be advised on booking.
- No minimum numbers - tour will run even with only 1 participant - based on photographer/tour leaders availability.
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 4 travelers
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- How much is Hobart and Surrounds Photography Workshop?
- Hobart and Surrounds Photography Workshop price starts from $102.55. Discover and book Hobart and Surrounds Photography Workshop on Tripadvisor
- What is the Hobart and Surrounds Photography Workshop cancellation policy?
- Hobart and Surrounds Photography Workshop cancellation policy: For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Discover and book Hobart and Surrounds Photography Workshop on Tripadvisor
- Which company provides Hobart and Surrounds Photography Workshop?
- Hobart and Surrounds Photography Workshop is hosted by Luke O'Brien Photography - Day Tours. Read reviews, discover additonal experiences or contact Luke O'Brien Photography - Day Tours on Tripadvisor. Discover and book Hobart and Surrounds Photography Workshop on Tripadvisor
- How much time do I need for Hobart and Surrounds Photography Workshop?
- On average, this experience will take approximately 3h 30m. Discover and book Hobart and Surrounds Photography Workshop on Tripadvisor
- If you have questions about this tour or need help making your booking, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 12994P2
Reserve your spot
- You'll start atOld Farm RoadOld Farm Rd, South Hobart TAS 7004, AustraliaSee address & details
- 1Mount WellingtonStop: 90 minutesSee details
- 2BelleriveStop: 90 minutesSee details
- You'll end at29 Victoria Esplanade29 Victoria Esplanade, Bellerive TAS 7018, AustraliaTour is self drive, so participants need to have their own transport. Tour finishes after a sunset shoot from Bellerive.See address & details
About the operator
Luke O'Brien Photography - Day Tours
Joined in October 2014
#90 of 156 Tours & Activities in Hobart
- Y5465TXsusanc00Wonderful Cradle Mountain 5-day workshopI highly recommend Luke O'Brien's photography workshops. The recent Autumn at Cradle Mountain 5 Day Workshop is the second workshop I have completed with him. We were blessed with good weather, clear skies when we needed them and a good group of people. So, that with the beautiful Tasmanian scenery couldn't fail but make it a success. However, even without all that, it was exceptional. Luke has a great love of Tasmania and a very high understanding of the art and science of photography. He has a relaxed but professional personal style. He is very approachable and was willing and able to answer my many questions about photography. He was sensitive to the different needs and skills of the workshop participants and willing to be flexible with the programme. Luke is easy to be around and I would certainly consider other workshops with him. I learnt a lot and have come home with photos I am pleased with, and some great memories.
- UnknownViking00Awesome Day Out With One Of Tazzy's Best Photographers.I booked this photography day with Luke and I have to say it was one of the most fun, inspirational and educational days I have had, the sort of day that you totally lose track of time with. Luke is a down to earth, easy going bloke that has the patients and time to teach you all you need to take yourself a great photo of the beautiful locations on this tour. This is worth booking and I will have absolutely no hesitation to book another tour with him. Do yourself a favour, if you what an excellent day out with great company and learn about your camera then Luke your man. Not only that - you get to see a magical part of Tasmania.
- LakesideChick00Brilliant 5 day photography tourI have just returned from a 5 day photography tour with Luke to the Tarkine in Tasmania. I have also completed a day tour with Luke to Mt Field. Luke's photography tours are fantastic! Highlights include... *patient, knowledgeable tuition from a talented photographer- I have learnt so much from Luke! *excellent communication throughout the booking process *our tour was extremely well organised, with plenty of opportunities for photography in different situations (macro, astro, landscape etc) *comfortable accomodation, excellent food *nothing was too much trouble - Luke went out of his way to ensure the tour group not only developed their photography skills but also had a fantastic holiday at the same time. I'd highly recommend Luke's tours and would happily answer any questions anyone has!
- Liz C00An unforgettable experience.This tour was booked so the photo opportunities at Cradle Mt/Dove Lake could be achieved. All through the initial booking process, Luke was the epitome of professional. He met us as arranged and we enjoyed a great drive to Cradle Mt with stops along the way. Nothing was too much trouble. The tuition given was invaluable and it was very easy to understand, so much so, some awesome photos were taken which pleased my husband very much. Luke is an awesome photographer and he goes out of his way to ensure that you learn something new all the time and reinforces what you already know. My husband got so much out of this tour and the scenery was breath taking. The Cradle Mt Hotel was wonderful, comfortable, warm, cosy and the meals were excellent. The day trip to Liffey Falls was sensational and lunch on the boulders in the creek bed in the sun was a wonderful way to end this part of the tour. All in all, it was a trip to remember and we are now researching to do another tour with Luke, as we enjoyed this experience so much.
- Elizabeth D00Beginners photography 101If you are as I am - a basic point and click but with ideas of grandeur, then book in for an introduction to photography with Luke. He has an abundance of patience and his gentle unhurried manner will ensure you have a wonderful experience. We were visiting Tasmania for Christmas and had decided we wanted to learn about photography together. We booked in for the afternoon session that saw us at Cascades Falls in South Hobart and then across to the Bluff at Bellerive. The waterfall location was perfect for understanding apertures settings and how to get the water and surrounds in focus. I'm not technical like my husband who has been researching just about everything. I was so happy with my shots. Across the the Bluff for sunset shots which was a lot of fun. Again more technical discussions but in a way that beginners will understand. I have a few shots now that I am very proud of. Luke is a great teacher and ideal if you know very little as well as for others who have advanced photographic knowledge and experience. I highly recommend him.
- FormerWorldTraveller00See places you may not have thought of and capture it all with your camera!If you've never taken a photo tour before, Luke has excellent ones! The best photo tours should teach you something new about your camera or your photography style and either take you someplace unusual or make you see a familiar place in a different light. Luke manages to do all of this in just one day! Why would you take a tour: You have a camera and want to get better with it while visiting some spectacular Tasmanian places! What you need to know: It doesn't matter if you are a beginner with a point and shoot or advanced with the full DSLR kit. Luke has tips for everyone. Also, you aren't hiking or walking all the time, so as long as you are reasonably fit, you can do a full day tour! Luke is a great teacher and guide. He was able to suggest to me different angles on scenes I've photographed before and gave me tips about how to use my DSLR. If you think this might be for you, give him a call!
- Magpie400Bay of Fires Photography TourAwesome 3 days spent with Luke photographing the Bay of Fires and surrounding areas with landscape photography. A photography tour that has taught me how to use filters with sunrise and sunset landscapes, manually focus my camera and use my macro lens with more confidence in other areas including the rainforest. In fact Luke has taught me how to photograph landscapes beautifully. I am so proud of my photos from this tour. I was told to by others to ask, ask, ask, and Luke gladly answered all my questions. This tour was well prepared by Luke from start to finish with nothing left out. I will definitely recommend to others. Thanks Luke.
- sydneyadmiral00Busy three days of superb locations, knowledgable tutoring resulting in some pretty good imagesWhen researching for a photography tour, I was impressed with Luke's images over others. They were more natural and did not appear overly processed and that is why I booked with him. The three day Bay of Fires tour was jam packed with photography from the moment I was picked up from my hotel until we left the Freycinet Peninsula to return to Hobart. Over three days of beautiful weather, we were tutored in landscape photography on beaches and the rainforest; sunrise, sunset, starlit night, and all the hours in the days in between. I learned about long exposure photography, including how to use manual focussing with ease and confidence; using filters; enough about macro to start working on it more knowledgeably; on how the camera can pick up the aurora which is not visible to the naked eye and how to capture it; and exploring elements of my equipment I hadn't known about (and if Luke didn't know either, he googled for answers on the spot). All accommodation and meals were included and arranged which left me as a participant to concentrate solely on taking and developing my photographs. Everything in the itinerary was kept with the night time session an added extra when Luke found out about the co-operative Aurora. My only suggestion for the next time would be to schedule a session of post production when Luke could view some shots with each participant individually and provide some constructive criticism. However, that would probably mean losing out on some valuable field time. Decisions, decisions! These three pictures are just a sample of the locations, and the techniques I learned.
Buy it with
Hobart and Surrounds Photography Workshop provided by Luke O'Brien Photography - Day Tours
Product Overview: Hobart and Surrounds Photography Workshop
Number of Photos