Recommended by 100% of travelers
Select Date and Travelers
Reserve Now & Pay Later
Low Price Guarantee
Travel safe during COVID-19
What you can expect during this experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Contactless payment for gratuities and add-ons
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Regular temperature checks for staff
Updated 06/25/20 Safety precautions are provided by the property and are not checked by Tripadvisor for accuracy.
- You'll start at2 Pier Point RdOr, you can also get picked upSee Important Information for details
- 1Nautilus AviationStop: 30 minutes - Admission includedCheck-in is 30 minutes prior to your departure for your pre-departure briefing. You'll then board the helicopter for your scenic flight.Read morePass byBarron Gorge National ParkGreen Island
- You'll end at2 Pier Point Rd2 Pier Point Rd, Cairns City QLD 4870, AustraliaSee address & details
2 Pier Point Rd, Cairns City QLD 4870, Australia
Returns to original departure point
- 45-minute helicopter flight
- Informative commentary during the flight
- Australia's Goods and Services Tax (GST)
- Pick up and drop off from Cairns and Northern Beaches hotels
- Complimentary water, tea and coffee
- Entry/Admission - Nautilus Aviation
- Food and drinks
- Return transfers to/from Port Douglas are $205 per car (up to 4 passengers).
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Weight Policy: Individual passenger weights and accompanying carry-on luggage MUST be advised at time of booking. Weight variances greater than 10% may incur an addition fee. Maximum single seat payload of 130kg. For passenger comfort and aircraft weight and balance, passengers exceeding 130kg are required to purchase an additional seat at 50% of ticket price - this is non-commissonable and payable to Nautilus Aviation on day of travel.
- There is a maximum of 6 to 7 passengers permitted per helicopter (subject to aircraft availability)
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there is not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- Child Policy: Children 3 years and above are legally required to be seated in their own seat and are therefore required to pay the full ticket price. Subject to conditions, children under 3 years may travel free of charge when seated on a parents/guardians lap. For bookings of more than one infant (under 3 years), conditions apply - please contact reservations.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- Minimum of 2 people required
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 6 travelers
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Time of year
Read 4 more reviews on Viator
This scenic flight is a must. Gus our pilot was great. Very informative and friendly. The flight was a fantastic way to see the Reef especially. In one way the Best way to see it. Also seeing the Islands Palm Cove and up onto the Kuranda area. Seeing the Barron Gorge and River…
Date of experience: November 2020
For my friend Sam’s birthday, the two of us took a helicopter scenic flight from Cairns to the Great Barrier Reef and Rainforest. Our pilot, Mick, put us at ease almost straight away. He gave us terrific commentary and a very, smooth and absolute awesome flight! The views of…
You cannot put a price tag on the experience I had with Nautilus Aviation flying over the great barrier reef! The staff was so accommodating - I almost had to cancel due to getting sick from skydiving the day before, and they were very accommodating of that! Thankfully I was…
Date of experience: August 2019
I went on the 45 minute Reef and Rainforest flight and I was not disappointed. I have been to so many beautiful places but this flight literally took my breath away. I have a fear of heights and completely forgot about it 5 minutes into the flight. The overwhelming sense of…
Date of experience: May 2018
About the operator
Don’t take it from us – here’s what people have to say about this operator.
By: Nautilus Aviation
Fantastic trip to the great barrier reef
Senic view from helicopter was amazing. Professional team to make our experience great and ensure our safety. Guide…
Absolutely amazing. Already planning to do this again. Staff are very friendly and make the experience one to remem…
Excellent Customer Service
We booked the full day cruise including a dive. Also included was a 10 minute Helicopter flight over the reef. Unfo…
Shocked by the power
The whole experience was great. It taught me that the reef is in trouble and let’s get behind the industry and get …
Great flight and snookel at the GBR
Everything was good, but just not enough time in the water for snookeling. For longer snookeling try to flight out…
This is the way to see the reef if you can do it financially. For a small additional cost, you see the reef from th…
A Must Do While In Cairns
There is nothing like looking over the Great Barrier Reef than from the seat of a helicopter. It was a smooth journ…
I highly recommend Nautilus. It was my first time in a helicopter and it was such an amazing experience. The pilot …
Really was a once in a life time experience taking the helicopter out to the outer reef. Spending two hours snorkel…
Beautiful views from the helicopter. The great barrier reef is even more amazing from the sky. The pilot was very…
To fly over the great barrier reef in a helicopter is amazing. To then land, be taken to a boat and then snorkle fr…
Helicopter and boat ride
As my family said, this was the excursion of a lifetime. The pilot was awesome, the crew on the ship was amazing, t…
Be very careful booking with this operator.
Be very careful. Like us, these guys could ruin your holiday. They are happy to take your money and confirm in wr…
A quick getaway
Amazing service from start to finish it’s great to see a company that does the 1% like circle back around an island…
Most amazing experience ever!
I signed up for the cruise and fly and I must admit this may have been the most amazing experience in my life. The …
- Duration: 45m
- Mobile Ticket Accepted
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Instant Confirmation
- Pickup offered
- Languages Offered: English
Why Book on Tripadvisor?
- Reserve Now & Pay Later
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Low Price Guarantee
- No Booking Fees
- Secure Payments
- 24/7 SupportCall:+1 855 275 5071
Frequently bought together
Popular: Booked by 15,303 travelers!
Popular: Booked by 1,755 travelers!
Popular: Booked by 2,247 travelers!
Frequently Asked Questions about Ultimate Great Barrier Reef and Rainforest 45-minute Helicopter Tour
Which attractions will I visit with Ultimate Great Barrier Reef and Rainforest 45-minute Helicopter Tour?
During this experience, places you will visit include:Discover and book Ultimate Great Barrier Reef and Rainforest 45-minute Helicopter Tour on Tripadvisor
How much is Ultimate Great Barrier Reef and Rainforest 45-minute Helicopter Tour?
Ultimate Great Barrier Reef and Rainforest 45-minute Helicopter Tour price starts from $399.63. Discover and book Ultimate Great Barrier Reef and Rainforest 45-minute Helicopter Tour on Tripadvisor
What is the Ultimate Great Barrier Reef and Rainforest 45-minute Helicopter Tour cancellation policy?
Ultimate Great Barrier Reef and Rainforest 45-minute Helicopter Tour cancellation policy: For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Discover and book Ultimate Great Barrier Reef and Rainforest 45-minute Helicopter Tour on Tripadvisor
Which company provides Ultimate Great Barrier Reef and Rainforest 45-minute Helicopter Tour?
Ultimate Great Barrier Reef and Rainforest 45-minute Helicopter Tour is hosted by Nautilus Aviation. Read reviews, discover additonal experiences or contact Nautilus Aviation on Tripadvisor. Discover and book Ultimate Great Barrier Reef and Rainforest 45-minute Helicopter Tour on Tripadvisor