Outback Astronomy believes every human being should see the clear night sky and the Milky Way Galaxy. When you attend your sky show, the view of the night sky is explained. Broken Hill is a small city with lovely dark skies in outback NSW. There is no light pollution and stars are clear and bright. The nearest city is 300 kilometres away. Your sky guide targets the narration at the night sky novice.
You should aim to arrive at least 30 minutes before the start of your sky show. This allows time for a pre-sky show briefing and safety check. A weather update, reminders about arrival time and other details are texted to you during the day of your sky show, usually after lunch. An additional text message is sent with directions on how to drive to the Outback Astronomy venue, ensuring you can find the location easily after dark. Guests may also enquire about the Outback Astronomy transport service, for an additional cost per person. The Naked Eye and Binocular Premium sky show includes:
• your sky guide's real time commentary
• all optical equipment
• reclined chairs and sleeping bags in cold weather
• audio system and ear phones to hear the commentary
• hot chocolate and cookie
• sky show notes and a sky map
• 10% discount off a return visit or merchandise, and
• a digital image of your visit supplied via email.After your sky show, engage one on one with your sky guide and other guests about your gazing experience!