Via Ferrata Tour near Red Lake (Lacu Rosu)
By Carpathian Escapes
Experience the thrill of rock climbing with this 1.5-2 h via ferrata adventure on the rocky walls of the Kiscohard Massif! This engineered vertical adventure powered by metal rungs, fixed iron ropes and an aerial bridge, is totally secure and perfect for those of all experience levels. Strap on your harness and follow the instructions of your guide, conquer your fear of height and enjoy the gorgeous scenery of Red Lake, the surrounding mountain peaks and the Bicaz Gorges from above. With a secured route and all necessary equipment provided, this fully guided tour is a family-friendly outing. • Exciting 1.5-2 hour Via Ferrata experience in the Eastern Carpathians • Stunning views of Red Lake, the Bicaz Gorges and the surrounding mountains • Full instruction and equipment provided, no experience needed
Lowest price guaranteeReserve now & pay laterFree cancellation
Duration: 2–3 hours
Start time: Check availability
What's not included
- Professional bilingual guide
- Necessary equipment - harnesses, helmets, slings, lanyards
- Pick-up and drop-off in Gheorgheni is included in the price of the tour.
- Entry/Admission - Bicaz Canyon
- Food and drink
- Hotel pickup and drop-off outside of Gheorgheni is available on request at a surcharge
- Departure details
- Traveler pickup is offered.
- Pick-up from Gheorgheni or from Red Lake is included in the price free of charge. Other locations are available at a surcharge.
- Lacu Roșu 535502, Romania You can leave your car and meet your guide in the parking lot of the 3-star Hotel Lacu Rosu.
- Hotel pickup is offered. View the hotel list on our checkout page to see if yours is included among the pickup points.
- Returns to original departure point
If you have questions about accessibility, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 44994P22
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Please indicate your preferred departure time
- What to bring: sturdy hiking boots or running shoes (no sandals), sunscreen, water, snacks, long sleeved pants which let you do bigger upward steps.
- Children under 18 years old must be accompanied by an adult practicing activity.
- Most travelers can participate
- Please note that while no prior climbing experience is necessary, guests should be fit enough to climb a ladder.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- How much is Via Ferrata Tour near Red Lake (Lacu Rosu)?
- Via Ferrata Tour near Red Lake (Lacu Rosu) price starts from $56.57. Discover and book Via Ferrata Tour near Red Lake (Lacu Rosu) on Tripadvisor
- What is the Via Ferrata Tour near Red Lake (Lacu Rosu) cancellation policy?
- Via Ferrata Tour near Red Lake (Lacu Rosu) cancellation policy: For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Discover and book Via Ferrata Tour near Red Lake (Lacu Rosu) on Tripadvisor
- Which company provides Via Ferrata Tour near Red Lake (Lacu Rosu)?
- Via Ferrata Tour near Red Lake (Lacu Rosu) is hosted by Carpathian Escapes. Read reviews, discover additonal experiences or contact Carpathian Escapes on Tripadvisor. Discover and book Via Ferrata Tour near Red Lake (Lacu Rosu) on Tripadvisor
- How much time do I need for Via Ferrata Tour near Red Lake (Lacu Rosu)?
- On average, this experience will take approximately 2h. Discover and book Via Ferrata Tour near Red Lake (Lacu Rosu) on Tripadvisor
- If you have questions about this tour or need help making your booking, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 44994P22
- You'll start atLacu RoșuOr, you can also get picked upSee departure details
- Pass byPiața Libertății
- 1Red LakeStop: 15 minutesSee details
- 2Bicaz CanyonStop: 60 minutes - Admission includedSee details
- 3Red LakeStop: 15 minutesSee details
- You'll return to the starting point
About the operator
This experience only has a few reviews, but you can read what other travelers have to say about the operator.
Amazing hiking experience through beautiful Romania
We did the Bicaz Gorges and Red Lake tour. It was really amazing experience, very well organised, the tour guide Is…
Great views, amazing guide
During our Romanian road trip we had the pleasure to stop in Tusnad and spent a marvellous day with our guide, Istv…
"A memorable day in Szeklerland"
I chose the experience "A memorable day in Szeklerland" and it was perfect. Both the organization and the lived exp…
We had a great offroad experience with Carpathian Escapes. Our host Istvan was an amazing driver and guide, giving …
Discovering a magical land
We had a lovely time in August visiting volcano land on e-bikes. Istvan picked us up from our hotel and brought us …
3 fantastic tours (land of volcanoes, offroad experience & food and crafts)
We booked 3 tours in 3 consecutive days in Harghita and Covasna counties and had a fantastic time! Our guide, Istva…
E Bike Tour around Balvanyos
My wife and I took an e bike adventure around Saint Anna Lake and surrounding areas. Our guide was Istvan who has s…
Amazing Tour in the Land of Volcanoes and In the Gyimes Valley
A perfect organisation from the beginning till the end. Super friendly and professional guide. If you choose them, …
Fantastic experience full of nature and horses
I had a wonderful time during the Carpathian Nomad Tour. Korchi and his crew most friendly. nice horses, beautiful …
Nomadic Mountain Trail Hasmas Wilderness Romania
We booked the Nomadic Mountain Trail Hasmas Wilderness Romania via FARandRide. It was the best trail we ever made, …
Perfect Birthday Present
Watching bears where there was no guarantee of seeing any, this tour turning out perfectly. Bears seen in the wild…
Great experience - the Via Ferrata Tour near Red Lake
A challenging and exciting trip! Our team leader was excellent: he was always encouraging and motivating. We got fu…
Well worth another trip to Romania
We were on a family holiday. We booked two activities for 1 day. We started with mountain carts ……amazing family ex…
Active family holiday
Very good communication They are very flexible and propose an custom made program. Last minute changes are possibl…
Magical, spectacular experience!
My husband and I went on a private bear tour, led by Almos, and it was one of the most spectacular experiences of o…
Detailed Reviews: Reviews order informed by descriptiveness of user-identified themes such as cleanliness, atmosphere, general tips and location information.
Wonderful Wild Ferencz Via Ferrata tour! Pure adrenalin! The guide was patient, calm and knowledgeable. I recommend.
Written October 21, 2020
This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
Thank you Ina, we appreciate your kind words and we are glad you had a great time climbing in the Bicaz Gorges! You are welcome back anytime, there is so much more to see in this region (;
Written October 22, 2020
This response is the subjective opinion of the management representative and not of Tripadvisor LLC.