Ages 0-80, max of 5 per group
Start time: Check availability
Live guide: English
What's not included
- Private transportation
- Walking boots Waterproof Coats and trousers Rucksack Hat and gloves
- Departure details
- Traveler pickup is offered.
- Letterkenny Public Services Centre is a default pickup point for those who are staying there and want collected from the town. Otherwise collection will be arranged from your accommodation. Pickups can be arranged from Omagh, Enniskillen and Donegal
- Hotel pickup is offered. View the hotel list on our checkout page to see if yours is included among the pickup points.
If you have questions about accessibility, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 109376P5
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 5 travelers
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- If you have questions about this tour or need help making your booking, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 109376P5
- You'll get picked upSee departure details
- 1Glenveagh National ParkStop: 6 hoursYou will be driven to Glenveagh National Park area in a private vehicle carrying a maximum of 5 people giving the trip an exclusive feel. Pickup can be arranged from one of the following pickup points on route. Castlederg, Ballybofey or Letterkenny, Omagh and Enniskillen depending on numbers. Private trips can be arranged for a minimum of three persons and will include pickups from Enniskillen or any reasonable area on the general route to the Park; including Omagh. All tours will include stories of local folk lore, explanations of the medicinal uses of some of Ireland’s plants. A look at the fauna and flora on route. The history of the local areas and explanations around the geology of these breathtaking areas will also be explained during the hike.If you're looking for a wow trip with amazing scenery and the feeling of safety and being in good hands, then this tour is for you.Read more
- You'll return to the starting point
About the operator
Joined in June 2019
#1 of 2 Transportation in Letterkenny
- Bernie G00Break away with sisters and niecesOn our way back to the south from a break away in Belfast we took a detour to see the Mountains of Mourne. Absolutely delighted that we did!! What a view and our first time to see a dam that wasn’t on the telly!! Absolutely beautiful country side and views that are out of this world!!
- Seagull2016-1700Mourne mountain misty magicHad a great day out today with Phil, who took us into the SE corner of Northern Ireland. Starting at Newcastle and walking up Slieve Donard off the beaten track. It’s 850 metres and a good hike, the weather was a bit damp, but Phil’s experience, guidance and knowledge is the very best. We also visited St Patrick’s grave and Fin McCool’s girlfriend burial chamber. A brilliant day.
- laulizgag00See Northern Ireland with an expert who loves to share itMy husband and I had a wonderful day exploring the North Coast with Phil. He picked us up as promised, and drove us through the beautiful countryside to all the sights and included others that he thought we would enjoy. He is very knowledgable and brings a lot of energy and enthusiasm to the tour. I was confident that we would have a good time based on reading previous reviews, but Phil still managed to exceed our expectations.
- Mais A00Best guideSome tour guides are quite knowledgeable and encyclopaedic in their field, some have experience in what they do, others are professional and go the extra mile to gain extra competencies such as first Aid, rescue , photography. Only few will have the local knowledge, a handful can be kind too, but to have it all is quite remarkable, that was phillip . What a guide, what a gentleman and what a trip to the top of the mourners mountains. Cant recommend him enough
- StefaniNM2400Honeymoon experienceMy husband and I are on our honeymoon! We wanted to do something special while we were in Belfast and had already seen many good things about this tour. We both had a marvelous time and couldn’t have been more happy with the entire tour! Phil was generous enough to provide extra gear if we needed it, he let us take our time when we got to the causeway so we didn’t feel rushed, and he made sure to make the tour appropriate to what we all wanted. Phil also was kind enough to go out of his way to suggest different eating places within the city and places to see since we had never visited. Beautiful scenery mixed with a kind tour guide was exactly what we wanted for our honeymoon!
- SB_Wendy00No better guide; no better day trip!My husband and I were picked up at our Belfast hotel by Phil one early October morning. He had hot coffee in a thermos waiting for us....and that became the first of many examples of just how prepared and thoughtful he is. We spent all day with him and couldn't have asked for a better guide. His local knowledge coupled with a strong understanding of the history of the place made the day not only fun, but educational. We had to be flexible with the itinerary thanks to questionable weather and me hurting my knee the day before, and Phil not only came up with alternative sites to visit, he managed to make us both feel happy with the day's activities. His expertise is impressive, but he is also just a great guy to spend time with. We look forward to staying in touch with Phil.
- LynannDB00Beautiful Mountain HikeMy partner and I did a full-day excursion with Philip to the Mourne Mountains. It was one of the absolute top highlights of our holiday throughout the UK. Stunningly gorgeous terrain, beautiful vistas, and a variety of experiences packed into 11 hours - including several forest walks, a two-peak mountain hike, and a beautiful drive through farmlands and seaside villages. But what truly made this special was the guide. Philip is a certified Mountaineer with 40+ years of hiking experience and extensive knowledge of the area. He tailored the experience to those of us on the tour, making sure it met with our fitness levels, while challenging us to stretch ourselves to ensure we enjoyed the full experience. I highly recommend this trip
- dexterbeard00Amazing ExpereincePhillip was a wonderful guide to Northern Ireland. Seriously one of the best experiences that we’ve done. Perfect mixture of hiking, viewing, science, history, and eating & perfectly scheduled. Would recommend to anyone going through Belfast.
- Marieke D00Great walk in the Mourne MountainsHighly recommended hiking experience up the Slieve Donard. Phil is a very experienced guide with loads and loads of knowledge of the area, navigation skills, regional plants, animals, and the folklore and history of Northern Ireland and the Mournes. Travel from Belfast, and hiking gear was included. Before doing the hike Phil took me to see the grave of Saint Patrick and afterwards another ancient burial site (allegedly Finn McCool’s girlfriend). The hike up the mountain was quite strenuous for me (because I had never climbed a mountain before), but Phil gently forces you to take numerous breaks by explaining something about the area and its vegetation. All in all, a great day to experience the beauty of the Mournes.