This tour allows people familiar with scooters/motorbike riding to explore the famous Tuscany country side in a very funny and enjoyable manner. A Waiver. Release and Consent form must be sign by clients before the tour. All Vespas have a third parties liability insurance
per adult (price varies by group size)
Lowest price guaranteeReserve now & pay laterFree cancellation
Duration: 5–7 hours
Start time: Check availability
Live guide: English, Italian
What's not included
- A vespa will be provided every 2 clients, they will ride in two on each vespa. As an example: 2 people 1 vespa; 3 people 2 vespas; 4 people 2 vespas; etc. The guide will, ride his own vespa.
- Departure details
- Traveler pickup is offered.
- We meet clients next to the ship
- Livorno Imbarco Traghetti Moby, Via Guido Donegani, 57100 Livorno LI, Italy
If you have questions about accessibility, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 22312P20
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- Which attractions will I visit with Tuscany Vespa Shore Excursion?
- During this experience, places you will visit include:Discover and book Tuscany Vespa Shore Excursion on Tripadvisor
- How much is Tuscany Vespa Shore Excursion?
- Tuscany Vespa Shore Excursion price starts from $665.72. Discover and book Tuscany Vespa Shore Excursion on Tripadvisor
- What is the Tuscany Vespa Shore Excursion cancellation policy?
- Tuscany Vespa Shore Excursion cancellation policy: For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Discover and book Tuscany Vespa Shore Excursion on Tripadvisor
- Which company provides Tuscany Vespa Shore Excursion?
- Tuscany Vespa Shore Excursion is hosted by Discover Tuscany. Read reviews, discover additonal experiences or contact Discover Tuscany on Tripadvisor. Discover and book Tuscany Vespa Shore Excursion on Tripadvisor
- If you have questions about this tour or need help making your booking, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 22312P20
Reserve your spot
- You'll get picked upSee departure details
- 1Leaning Tower of PisaStop: 45 minutesSee details
- 2TuscanyStop: 4 hoursSee details
- You'll return to the starting point
About the operator
Livorno, Tuscany, Italy
Joined in March 2017
#17 of 51 Tours & Activities in Livorno
- Jimmy D00Great Trip. Do this instead of “cruise line trip”.Well done. Great job! Very nice lunch restaurant reservation! Squeezed in a wine tasting at the co-op which was nice. The van was nice, kept up and clean! Driver is outstanding! We did this with another couple.
- LoveTravel23899400Cinque terra villagesTour guides great. They were waiting at.the.pier.for us. Very informative We had young kids and they were very accomadating
- Wilson L00Beautiful amazing experienceBeautiful! As or more impressive as Amalfi coast. We experienced the train. Was just a day visit for us. Beware of pick pockets.
- Jody_E772700Very good tour of Florence and Pisa!Leonarda was so patient and helpful with us as we explored Florence, Pisa, and a winery. He shared the history of the area and helped us navigate thru Florence. He spent extra time trying to help us find Lemoncello in Pisa and didn't make us feel rushed. We really appreciated his professional demeanor and knowledge.
- rose20F00Cinque Terre Day TripStefano helped to make our day and visit to Cinque Terre most memorable. He is a delightful person, careful driver and quite knowledgeable about the area.
- surfsup4000Cinque Terre Private ExcursionLeonardo was a pleasure to spend the day with! He picked us up at our ship, and after an almost hurricane-like rain squall we began our adventure to the 5 Villages. The day cleared up for us, and we were able to experience the beauty of this Unesco site. Leonardo is very knowledgable in the entire area, and is a very good driver. This is extremely important because the roads are all twists and turns and quite dangerous. Be aware that it takes a long time by car from the port to arrive at Cinque Terre, and alot of curvy driving is involved. The payoff at the end are some of the most spectacular towns on the Italian Coast. There is alot of walking and hills involved, so you need to be physically able to move around and not get tired. Leonardo dropped us off at a delicious restaurant and waited for us to get on the Ferry. He then met us at our next destination. There are many options to get around but the ferry avoids all of the driving on the hills and is fun and scenic. Leonardo made sure we were always within his reach, and attended to us the whole day taking us through the villages and explaining the local attractions and specialities. He was tireless and attentive--a good tour operator and a very nice person that spoke English well. This is a much better option than a giant tour bus with herds of people! I highly recommend him!
- wjeffers8800Large Bus Tour Florence + Walking Tour, Pisa Shore ExcursionTuscany, Pisa and Florence were wonderful, the bus was very nice, and we were in good hands with this company, but I would pay more for a smaller group tour if I had it to do over again. I give MYSELF 3 Stars for choosing this TOUR, not necessarily VIATOR. Some of the issues were out of Viator's control (ship was late, shuttle from cruise port to meeting point was a cluster), but Viator could improve, too. They dropped us off quite a long way from the center of where most of the tourist activity is in Florence...so anyone with walking issues beware, especially in July! The "walking tour" in Florence was useless. The guides left us twice even though we were where we were supposed to be. There was no real "guide" to it. I didn't care about the WiFi on the bus, but it didn't work 90% of the time, FYI. 60 minutes isn't nearly enough time in Pisa. If you want to go inside the Cathedral in Pisa, buy the tickets as soon as you get to the property or there won't be enough time. The whole day just felt rushed and we definitely spent more time on the bus waiting for late passengers, watching guides sell water, listening to guides answer the same questions over and over (maybe get a better PA system or make sure the guides have a more "take charge" way about them so crowds will listen the 1st time?), and dealing with individuals who didn't care that the rest of us just wanted to get off the bus and actually have time to see the area. I have lived and learned....Karen, OUT. :)
- michaelsM5538NU00Excellent tour of Pisa / FlorenceLeonardo was waiting for us with a sign with our name when we departed the cruise ship. He Had a very nice, clean Mercedes van. Very easy to understand his English. Very accommodating, and patient with our group of four. He gave us great information on the things we were seeing. We also booked a wine tasting with him. Wine tasting was very enjoyable. I would highly recommend him, wish we had him for our tour of Cinque Terre.
- terrivivion73200A wonderful day with Leonard SoricelliWe had a very enjoyable day exploring three of the five villages. Leonardo took us to a wonderful restaurant for lunch. I would give this tour a thumbs up!!!
- DeniseS54300Pisa was amazing!This tour was terrific. Our guide knew so much history it was incredible. My husband is a history major so it was right on par for him. He customized the tour for what we wanted. I would highly recommend. Punctual, attentive to our needs and safe, luxury vehicle.
- TourGuideTed00Fabulous day out – great driver/guideWe (three teddy bears and four humans) had booked a day tour on Viator with a private guide as two of the four humans in our group have walking difficulties. The company confirmed in advance that either two rollators or a rollator and folding electric wheelchair would present no difficulties to the tour as there would be plenty of room – this was great to hear. In the end we took the two rollators and they easily fit in the boot/trunk of the very comfortable Mercedes van. We were very quick getting off the boat and looked for our driver. He wasn’t waiting for us with a name plaque as expected - because we were off so quickly - but he arrived just a couple of minutes later and we were introduced to Leonardo, who showed us to his van and made sure we were all comfortable. We discussed our hopes for the day – climbing the Leaning Tower of Pisa, as much of a tour of Florence as was possible with minimal walking and then a visit to a Tuscan vineyard. All this was no problem at all. We drove straight to Pisa, and Leonardo showed us a square before parking in a side street just minutes walk from the Tower, at most 100-150 yards. Only two of us were to climb the Tower and Leonardo walked us straight over to the ticket office so we could buy the next available climb tickets, which was immediate. We were told to drop bags at the office next door – we were advised that us teddy bears would be admitted and did not need to be checked into the lockers. We then walked over to the Tower to be met by security who were adamant that teddy bears would NOT be permitted up the Tower. As we are travel bears who are photographed everywhere we go, we kicked up a bit of a fuss, until they relented and agreed that Theo, the smallest of us, could be taken up the Tower but not the other two. Leonardo kindly helped Frank and me to our Ancient Assistant saving us having to be stuffed in a nasty locker. Theo was then were able to climb the Tower and get some photos (the humans said the climb wasn’t too bad), then back on the ground we took the requisite photos of us holding up (or pushing over) the Tower. We stayed at the Tower for about an hour but the sky was so blue it was a lovely stop and we got some great pictures. We then drove to Florence, about an hour away. Along the way Leonardo talked about the area and answered questions and was very engaging. He first took us to the square overlooking the Florence skyline which was amazing. There was no pressure to rush and the Ancient one was able to reminisce over her previous visit in 1957. We then headed into the city and went through the narrow streets, taking time to see the cathedral, the replica of Michelangelo’s David and more. At certain spots he was able to park while we dived out, took a few photographs before returning to the vehicle. This meant our non-walkers could see everything we did without having to leave the van. We were asked what kind of lunch we would like and he took us to a small café, again a short walk away where we were able to get some lovely sandwiches and coffee (not to mention beer). Leonardo joined us for lunch. Returning to the vehicle we made a short stop at the Ponto Vecchio and drove around a little more of the town so we saw a fair bit, making us want to return for a closer look. Then we were to head out – around 2.30pm to make for the Vineyard which was a little under an hour away. Here, Leonardo left us to take the Vineyard tour and very good wine tasting where we were instructed how to get the best taste from wine and meat and cheese was offered so we could see how what you eat makes a difference to how the same wine tastes. We were there a little over an hour and it was a very good visit before we returned to the van to return to the ship. Once back in Livorno the rain had begun but, rather than take us straight back to the ship, Leonardo offered to show us Livorno so we drove for a few miles along the sea front, which was beautiful and then on the way back he even showed us some canals in the town. We certainly felt this was going above and beyond and we really felt that this private tour was great value. We would thoroughly recommend Leonardo and Discover Tuscany for your private shore excursion. The flexibility of the visit meant we could manage the needs of our group, not to mention being picked up and dropped almost at the ship’s gangplank. For the travel bears reading this I can confirm that Leonardo was a very bear-friendly driver. We had an amazing day.
- domino6100wonderful to experience the tower , however opening times didn't fit with our excursion and we missed going to the topwhen you get ashore make straight for the tower as queues are extremely long , we just missed the 1pm but couldn't wait for the 4pm as we would have missed the boat
- Smudge432100Great Day, Great DriverWe were a little unsure of how the trip would be as there were some mixed reviews on Trip Advisor. We should not have been worried. The driver, Carlo, was there waiting for us when we left the ship. Very friendly and spoke great English. Whilst we were not expecting a tour guide he knew loads about Italian history and some great facts about Pisa and Florence which made the whole trip much more enjoyable. He took us to some great vantage points to get some excellent photos, and on the way out of a Florence we dropped into a great ice cream parlour. Excellent day out. I would recommend.
- Sloopdejour8700Good overall tour of Pisa, Florence and Tuscan winery...My family and I were looking for a cruise excursion out of Livorno that would provide a general overview of Pisa, Florence and a Tuscany winery. My family and I have never visited Pisa, Florence or Tuscany and we were looking for a well-rounded day visit of these areas. I reached out via email to the this tour operator to reserve tickets (extra fee) to climb the leaning tower of Pisa and enter the Accademia (download Rick Steves Accademia audio tour-very good and free!). Leonardo promptly emailed me back and confirmed our requests. He met us outside the Port of Livorno and the tour began in a nice Mercedes Benz van. My wife had a wheelchair due to a recent injury and Leonardo was very accommodating. We then visited Pisa, cIimbed the tower (wife did not), drove to Florence, drove by many historic sites (as listed in the tour description) ate a quick lunch, visited inside the Accademia and off to the organic winery. Overall my family with two teenagers thought we had a great agenda with a great guide. Leonardo did warn us that he was not a “registered” tour guide, but he was extremely informative concerning the different historical sites....he did better than some “official” tour guides I have had in the past! We strongly recommend our day excursion agenda and using Leonardo.
- doc_amy00Bad communication. Not a tour, just a driver, but he redeemed the company.After a mildly difficult booking through Viator (a TripAdvisor company) we got a confirmation. The email said " Hello, Please advise if you want to climb the Leaning tower and/or see the Michelangelo's david as booking are mandatory. 18 and 16 euros p.p. respectively. Regards Discover Tuscany". There was no email, and no further communication, including time to meet the driver, how to meet the diver, etc.. I called the phone number on the confirmation when we got into Italy (our Disney Cruise went to Pompeii then Rome then Florence) and was told it wasn't possible to see Michaelangelo, too late. I asked about the Uffuzzi referenced on the ad materials. "too late." The owner had to be asked twice to give his name, and kept saying "you could have called". While true, it was a complete outlier compared to the other 4 excursions we took. When Simone our driver got us from the Disney Cruise, he was very pleasant and soft spoken. He told the person in the first seat of the gorgeous, brand new Mercedes car about a few things we passed, but even after prompting didn't tell us loudly enough so the first person had to repeat the few "tour" things he said to the back of the car. We had a great time at the leaning tower (again, he dropped us off but didn't give any history, so I looked it up on Wikipedia). When we got near Florence he asked if we wanted to see the overlook, strongly recommended it, then said he couldn't leave the car to show us what we were looking at or what we would see later. We then realized he was really a driver, not a tour guide, and got a little less miffed. He pointed out various directions in Florence we could walk, fished an oft-folded map from the car, and prepared to leave. When we asked if at LEAST the lunch in village that had been mentioned on the description could be arranged, he said he could walk us to a restaurant in Florence he knew and try to get us reservations. We said we'd really prefer the village visit, and Simone said he would see what he could do. It seemed like this request totally took him by surprise, but he delivered.. He arranged for a wine tasting with light (AMAZING) fresh pesto lunch at Dianella winery, we were the only ones there, felt like royalty. Pamela the guide at the winery was extremely gracious - I have to believe strings were pulled, because we felt extremely special. Bottom line: To arrange anything promised on the excursion ad, you'll need to call Italy before you go - I still don't know how far in advance would have been enough. Simone saved this review from being a 1 by arranging the exquisite late lunch. However, I won't ever do something with Viator again, and realized that I trusted the "a Tripadvisor" company thing way too much.