Once we have delivered the Maxy Scooter 500 cc to you : You are READY !
Do not underestimate the Genoa - Ligurian Road;are some of the
most challenging of the country.
• Liguria a Phenomenal place to drive a Maxy Scooter through Old Cities, secluded beaches, National Parks.
• The LOOP: drive along the SS1 ( Via aurelia build by " Gaio Aurelio Cotta " in 300 BC. ) and along the way stop in :
• RECCO is nothing special but has the most stunnig " FOCACCIA WITH CHEESE " of the WORLD! Stop in the small center, find a bakery and buy some 100 / 200 gr. per person ... and fall in love with the Humanity, and do not forget to take a flower along the way for your lover; cheese focaccia is a very sexy food :-) and once you swallow it, you will see :-)
• CAMOGLI: a fantastic fisherman village some 20 km from Genoa, motorized vehicles are banned ( park near the village entrance ). Get a " Cappuccino " and watch the " tall " houses all attached one another. For a drink go to the small Harbour. ( PLEASE NOTE : ITALIAN POLICE WILL IMMEDIATLY SIZE YOUR SCOOTER AND YOU GO TO " QUESTURA ", the Driver is better do not drink alcool at all :-).
• Drive along the SS1 uphill till you reach the real top of the road and take the road that goes right just before the Tunnel to:
• SAN ROCCO DI CAMOGLI : there, you find some of the best view and food of the Area. Buy 100 gr. of PESTO hand made ( you recognize it, cause is not packed ) and eat it on spread on the Focaccia Normale, and taste the real Pesto.
• Back to the SS1 drive for 1 km till you reach a sign on your right that takes you DOWN to SANTA MARGHERITA.
• Pass Santa Margherita and reach:
• PORTOFINO; Park and walk to the Church Uphill for a view of the village and of the Infinite... . You can walk to the Lighthouse through a " so beautiful :-) " path.
• Drive back 1 km till PARAGGI, Stop for a swim, small free beach ( overcrowded ), a secluded one some 70 mt. back to portofino, where you can swim in clear water too, stones' beach.
• Now drive for a while; pass Rapallo and the road goes uphill for some 10 wonderful km, pass Chiavari, Lavagna and reach :
• SESTRI LEVANTE, a lovely small city. Stop and ask for the " Baia del Silenzio " ( Silence Bay ), time for a Swim probably ( do not swim if you have eaten within 2 hours ! );
• NOW 2 CHOICES :
• 1) ENJOY a drink, swim, and drive back to Genoa via Highway in 1 hour.
• 2) DRIVE through a Wonderful road to La Spezia ( 1.2 hours ) and drive back to Genoa via Highway 1.2