This impressive Shore Excursion touches the most significant highlights of Rome and Vatican City: • Trevi Fountain • Spanish Steps • Venice Square and the Wedding cake • Roman Forum • Colosseum • Arch of Constantine • Circus Maximus • Vatican Museums and Sistine Chapel • St. Peter’s Basilica Square Lunch included in a typical Roman Restaurant. Skip-the-line tickets to Vatican Museums are included in Private Tour option. Upgradable with licensed expert local tour guide in Private option. Private or Shared Tour options are available tailored to your group’s interests. Worry-free Shore Excursion: We will ensure your timely return to Civitavecchia Cruise Port for this activity.
per adult (price varies by group size)
Lowest price guaranteeReserve now & pay laterFree cancellation
Start time: Check availability
English, Italian, Spanish
What's not included
- Port pickup and dropoff
- Worry-free Shore Excursion
- Air-conditioned, fully insured and licensed legal vehicle with professional English-speaking Driver
- PRIVATE Tour Options include: SkipTheLine Tickets to VaticanMuseums,Sistine Chapel,St.Peter Basilica
- PRIVATE Tour Options include: Dedicated Licensed Tour Guide, 2 hours or Full Time
- Lunch included in a typical roman restaurant
- Entry/Admission - Vatican Museums
- Entry/Admission - Sistine Chapel
- Colosseum entrance Tickets
- Tipping is not included in our service fees, It is never mandatory although it is always appreciated
- Entry/Admission - Colosseum
- Departure details
- Traveler pickup is offered.
- Cruise Port, right outside your ship, pickup and dropoff. • English-speaking Driver with a private vehicle will be waiting for you right outside the ship, holding a sign with your name on to be easily recognized. • No need to take Bus Shuttle from ship since our permits allow us to enter in the Cruise Port. In Shared Tour Option only: Your Driver may make a few stops (usually 2/3 stops) along the way to pick up, or drop off, fellow passengers. This means that your Driver could arrive within 15-30 minutes of your scheduled pickup time.
- Civitavecchia Port, Piazza Vittorio Emanuele, 19, 00053 Civitavecchia RM, Italy
If you have questions about accessibility, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 139140P18
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Air-conditioned, fully insured and licensed legal vehicle with professional English-speaking Driver
- Pickup Cruise Port: Your Driver will be waiting for you right outside the ship, holding a sign with your name on to be easily recognized
- In Rome Vans are better than Buses: Van = up to 8 seats, Bus = from 9 to 50 seats. Note that Buses are not allow in the historical areas of Rome (official ship excursions from Cruise Companies are operated with Buses). This mean that the Bus will drop you off and you will walk for the entire duration of the tour (6/7 hours) to the other side of town at the end of the tour to be picked up. Best Viator’s Rome excursions are with private Vans. Bus in Rome has only a small number of authorized spaces dedicated to pickup/dropoff travellers so, usually, during the city tour you had to walk for about 4/6 miles. In a big group chance are that you'll have to wait much longer for people lingering at the sights and stand in line longer for the toilets or at the snack counter. You will also have much less one on one time with your driver and guide or time to ask questions, because you'll have to share them with a lot more people.
- Vans and their drivers will be at your complete disposal for the entire duration of the tour and can take you and stop where Buses cannot go, very close to all attractions, you will walk definitely less and see more!
- Our fleet is comprised of Mercedes, Volkswagen, Ford, FCA, Sedans, MPVs and Vans. Many Italian cities have restricted the areas where certain vehicles can circulate, so in order to offer you the best service possible and to let you reach your destination as comfortably as possible, we will arrange your vehicle accordingly
- Above 8 passengers please make multiple bookings and we will provide the service either with multiple Vans/SUVs, according to our availability and local regulations. The multiple vehicles will make the tour together with the same stops. The Guests can switch as they prefer in the available vehicles
- Option Private Tour: This is a private Tour. Only your group will participate and it can be modified and/or customized (if requested in writing during booking in the "Special Requirements" section)
- Option Shared Tour: Solution with a lower price dedicated to travelers sharing the vehicle with a small group (up to 8 people per vehicle). Not customizable. It is not possible to include attractions tickets purchased by your own
- PRIVATE - ALL INCLUSIVE Option includes: Driver and vehicle full time. Skip-The-Line Vatican Museums and Sistine Chapel, Entrance to St. Peter's Basilica. Dedicated Local Licensed private Tour Guide Full Time in Rome. Lunch in a Typical Roman Restaurant
- PRIVATE - VATICAN GUIDE INCLUDED Option includes: Driver and vehicle full time. Skip-The-Line Tickets Vatican Museums, Sistine Chapel and entrance to St. Peter's Basilica. Dedicated Local licensed Tour Guide 2 hours for Vatican Museums, Sistine Chapel and St. Peter's Basilica in a small shared group. Lunch in a Typical Roman Restaurant
- SHARED SMART TOUR Option includes: Driver, vehicle full time. Gelato Tasting. Lunch in a Typical Roman Restaurant
- Private Tour Options only important information: VATICAN MUSEUMS and SISTINE CHAPEL CLOSURES: every Sunday, Easter Days (Sun-Mon), 1 and 6 January, 11 February, 19 March, 1 May, 29 June, 15 August, 8 - 25 and 26 December. Instead Vatican Museums and Sistine Chapel, you will visit one of the Ancient Catacombs in Rome (tickets included). No refund is due.
- St Peter’s Basilica: on rare occasions could be closed or inaccessible or with a long line wait time to enter. It is over our control, so no refunds or discounts will be issued.
- One Infant seat available on request
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- Which attractions will I visit with Private Full-Day Tour of Rome from Civitavecchia Cruise Port?
- How much is Private Full-Day Tour of Rome from Civitavecchia Cruise Port?
- Private Full-Day Tour of Rome from Civitavecchia Cruise Port price starts from $489.76. Discover and book Private Full-Day Tour of Rome from Civitavecchia Cruise Port on Tripadvisor
- What is the Private Full-Day Tour of Rome from Civitavecchia Cruise Port cancellation policy?
- Private Full-Day Tour of Rome from Civitavecchia Cruise Port cancellation policy: For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Discover and book Private Full-Day Tour of Rome from Civitavecchia Cruise Port on Tripadvisor
- Which company provides Private Full-Day Tour of Rome from Civitavecchia Cruise Port?
- Private Full-Day Tour of Rome from Civitavecchia Cruise Port is hosted by Top Excursions - Italy. Read reviews, discover additonal experiences or contact Top Excursions - Italy on Tripadvisor. Discover and book Private Full-Day Tour of Rome from Civitavecchia Cruise Port on Tripadvisor
- If you have questions about this tour or need help making your booking, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 139140P18
Reserve your spot
- You'll get picked upSee departure details
- 1Trevi FountainStop: 30 minutesSee details
- 2Spanish StepsStop: 30 minutesSee detailsPass byPiazza VeneziaRoman Forum
- 3ColosseumStop: 60 minutes - Admission excludedSee detailsPass byArch of ConstantineCircus Maximus
- 4Clivo delle Mura VaticaneStop: 45 minutesSee details
- 5Vatican MuseumsStop: 2 hours - Admission includedSee details
- 6Sistine ChapelStop: 10 minutes - Admission includedSee detailsPass bySt. Peter's Basilica
- You'll return to the starting point
About the operator
Top Excursions - Italy
Rome, Lazio, Italy
Joined in April 2019
#178 of 565 Food & Drink in Rome
- 253tuesdyb00Great experienceThis tour was amazing and so were the views. Also, the guide was one of the best we have ever had. This experience was truly one of a kind.
- Tamika H00Beautiful Capri ❤️Wonderful tour guide with so much knowledge. Beautiful scenery!! Great boat ride. Getting right up and close to different parts of Capri. The Blue Grotto was closed due to rough weather but we got to see another grotto and see the beautiful colour of the water and coral. Great spot for lunch with delicious food. Thank you for a wonderful day!!!
- Karen F00Amazing quick tripExcellent driver and tour. He took us to everything we needed to see before heading to the airport. He was on time, spoke english very well and was full of knowledge. Our trip to Rome before our flight was excellent and he made our day.
- Michelle H00Great server and guide.Great driver. Fast. Great tour guide. Pompeii is a must. I really don’t want to say any more. No thx
- VineeRaina100Fabulous Authentic Food Tour in FlorenceFantastic Host- very pleasant & knowledgeable. great choices of restaurants and food. Truly authentic street food and we loved every bit of it
- amberh4300Best tour in romeBest tour we took in rome. Highly recommend. We got to see a lot of rome and learn the history while eating food. What more can you ask for.
- 122pamr00Seamless tour of Vatican CityOur tour of the Vatican City was seamless!! Our tour guide met us at the meeting place and hd our tickets for us and she got us right into every part of the city with no waiting. Claudia was extremely informative and gave us information in the shade before went in and in the different areas. She was friendly, professional and interesting! We would highly recommend this tour!
- laustin25900Excellent small group tour!Our tour guide Francesco was incredibly knowledgeable about the Colosseum, Palatine Hill, and the Roman Forum. You could tell he was passionate about Rome's history. We chose the private tour. Which I'm so glad we did! The temperature was around 101 degrees so having a small group tour when could make changes to help us deal with the extreme temperatures. I would definitely use this company again!
- laustin25900Excellent small group tour!Claudia was an excellent tour guide. She was knowledgeable and friendly! We loved having a small group of only 6 people on our tour. The company was incredible to communicate with throughout the process. They messaged me with details of who our guide would be, where to meet (including photos of the location), what we need to wear to be able to visit from of the churches, etc... I would definitely recommend using them for all tours!
- Karen H00Amazing TourThis was an amazing tour. We were able to see all of the sites and more. Giovanni was a tour guide and he was knowledgeable about the history of Rome. It was a great way to see everything in one day, then we picked special things we wanted to see more of to revisit. Lunch was plentiful, We had 6 different courses and they were all delicious. I would highly recommend anyone wanting to see Rome and its highlights take this tour.
- sharonsD7084XU00Really disappointedThis visitor problem. We had no idea what the name of the port was. Off the Viator site we choose and fully paid for a small group full day excursion to Pisa and Florence. The morning of Arrival a man called yelling at me what port was I in. I said I didn’t know. Bottom line the driver was at a different port and wouldn’t be there for 1 hour we said ok. In 5 minutes he called me back and said it would be an additional 100 Euros. So more money for a shorty time. I told him never mind. I asked if he didn’t track the cruise ships like all of the other Viator agencies do. I again he yells he doesn’t have time to do that. What a horrible way to start our day. I expect a full refund and Viator and that vendor need to work out logistics.
- 7Layercake00Rome tourWe were on a cruise but chose to take a more personal tour of Rome and are so glad that we did. Giovanni was an excellent guide. He picked us up right at the boat and took us all over Rome. He hit all the well-known sights and also many, many not as well known. We never felt rushed and we would spend as much time as needed in each spot. Our lunch at L'Angoletto Romano was amazing. Beautiful traditional restaurant with wonderfully prepared food. I would definitely recommend this tour to anyone wanting to get a taste of Rome.
- debniks4000Unhappy.Child's cheese burger Cold un edible. Adults chicken muk disgusting to the fact I was sick. Poor service, meals didn't come together. When asked , we ordered cheesy chips which we didn't have, when asked the staff just brought a tub of cheesy sauce . Went as a family, very disappointed will not be returning
- annejorieh00Inspiring, informative and entertaining!Thanks to Tourguide Elisabeth (Citywonders) we had a great experience visiting the Vatican Museum. Her enthusiastic way of telling and her extensive knowledge made it an unforgettable visit.
- 928hot00Birthday tripWent on cruise with family had good time on ship food lovely and entertaining was brilliant my only downfall was couldn't leave ship unless you booked tour and tours were 200 dollars and thought lunch was included we were given brown paper bag with half samwhich and bottle water and had sit on side road wasnt happy with this at all they said cause covid but could have reduced prices but overall cruise was good had great weather the staff on ship were lovely and so helpful I would go back but don't know if do tours.
Buy it with
Private Full-Day Tour of Rome from Civitavecchia Cruise Port provided by Top Excursions - Italy
Product Overview: Private Full-Day Tour of Rome from Civitavecchia Cruise Port
Number of Photos