Name your recipe: food market tour and workshop with a Cesarina in Ascoli Piceno
Have you ever been to a local market and traditional food shop in Italy, full of ingredients you'd love to experiment with? This is your chance to visit a market with a local expert, choose your most inspiring ingredients, and create and name your very own two recipes. Go food shopping with your Cesarina and choose 3-5 staple ingredients that capture your imagination before immersing yourself in a private cooking class at their home. With their expert guidance, you will learn how to prepare your chosen ingredients and make your own two Italian creations. Cultivate your creativity and confidence in the kitchen by adding an Italian flair to your dishes. Then, taste everything you have prepared accompanied by a selection of red and white local wines. Le Cesarine is Italy’s oldest network of home cooks all over the country in more than 120 cities. They are passionate and welcoming hosts that open the doors of their own homes to curious travellers for immersive culinary experiences.
Lowest price guaranteeReserve now & pay laterFree cancellation
Start time: Check availability
Live guide: English, Italian
- Local taxes
- Private guided market tour
- Private cooking class (two recipes)
- Tasting session
- Beverages (water, wines and coffee)
- Departure details
- Ascoli Piceno, Ascoli Piceno, Province of Ascoli Piceno, Marche This experience will be held in a local family's home and, for privacy reason, you will receive the full address of your host after you've booked. Once the booking has been made we'll contact you asking for food intolerance and allergy and for giving exact instructions about the meeting point.
- Returns to original departure point
If you have questions about accessibility, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 68460P227
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- How much is Name your recipe: food market tour and workshop with a Cesarina in Ascoli Piceno?
- Name your recipe: food market tour and workshop with a Cesarina in Ascoli Piceno price starts from $172.36. Discover and book Name your recipe: food market tour and workshop with a Cesarina in Ascoli Piceno on Tripadvisor
- What is the Name your recipe: food market tour and workshop with a Cesarina in Ascoli Piceno cancellation policy?
- Name your recipe: food market tour and workshop with a Cesarina in Ascoli Piceno cancellation policy: For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Discover and book Name your recipe: food market tour and workshop with a Cesarina in Ascoli Piceno on Tripadvisor
- Which company provides Name your recipe: food market tour and workshop with a Cesarina in Ascoli Piceno?
- Name your recipe: food market tour and workshop with a Cesarina in Ascoli Piceno is hosted by Le Cesarine. Read reviews, discover additonal experiences or contact Le Cesarine on Tripadvisor. Discover and book Name your recipe: food market tour and workshop with a Cesarina in Ascoli Piceno on Tripadvisor
- How much time do I need for Name your recipe: food market tour and workshop with a Cesarina in Ascoli Piceno?
- On average, this experience will take approximately 4h. Discover and book Name your recipe: food market tour and workshop with a Cesarina in Ascoli Piceno on Tripadvisor
- If you have questions about this tour or need help making your booking, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 68460P227
Reserve your spot
About the operator
Rome, Lazio, Italy
Joined in May 2017
#36 of 251 Classes & Workshops in Rome
- E2381LJcherylb00Amazing experience!Do Not book this unless you want to have an amazing time with an extremely lovely couple and eat delicious, authentic Roman food! Leonardo and Ofelia are kind and genuine and you will feel welcome and comfortable in their beautiful home. One of our most enjoyable times in Roma and we made new friends as a bonus!!! Could not recommend more!!! 😀
- 24glenne00Pizza in the cloudsDuring our trip to Lake Como we took the pizza and tiramisu making class. Patrizia was a wonderful host and made us really feel welcome in her beautiful home. It was high up in the hills overlooking Lake Como and even with a foggy rainy, the view was beautiful. She taught us how to make the pizza and tiramisu and then we got to eat it all. Truly a great experience and one that we'll always remember
- BudhiantoW00Not worth to pay Euro150 for 2 home made pastas and tiramisu (no recipes and using the same dough).1. The original cooking class was at Varenna, a small town where is easy for us to get to the premises. 2. one day before the class, they sent me a message that the place changed to Leco, to reach the place we had to hire taxi cost us 50 Euro to mountain side and back. 3. the contents of teaching were nothing difference to Google (which is easily for everyone to learn from, no need to join the class). I won't recommend paying Euro 150 for which we can easily get from Google.
- josephvtv00Give This A Pass - High Price, Low ValueThe Cesarines who conducted our cooking class were wonderful, friendly, and spoke great English. It was interesting to be invited into a private home in a residential area of Rome. However, as this was a private home, our four guests could not fit in the kitchen to cook. We did a minimal amount of cooking and the host did most of it. There were no written recipes to follow along or to take home - seemed a bit amateur. And for a price tag over $615 for 4 people, this should have been much more professional - with room for all in the kitchen. And the worst part was that we paid for all the ingredients and didn't get to take home one morsel of food! I would not recommend this tour.
- Mobile4938538024800Local Cooking!Laura’s cooking class was incredible!! One of the highlights of our trip to Rome. We met at the market and discussed different local foods and how to cook with them. We taste tested delicious pork. Then we went to their place where Laura had special aprons and stations set up for my husband and I to cook. She walked us through carbonara and tiramisu!! We were laughing and joking, just having the best time. Then we enjoyed a quiet romantic meal. I cannot recommend her class enough!
- Valentina_FF00The authentic hospitality of an Italian familyOfelia and Leonardo, thank you for imparting to us the authentic hospitality of an Italian family in a way that will remain etched in our memories. Meeting you has been an honor. Best Meal ever!!!!
- John S00SHOCKINGLY HEARTLESSDrove to Spoleto from Florence on a Sunday, to be able to participate in cooking class Monday evening. Woke up Monday morning, felt poorly, and tested positive for COVID. Immediately contacted cooking class people who properly informed me I was out of luck for a refund because I was inside the 24 hour cancellation window. It’ “policy”, they said. When asked how they would have felt if I had brought COVID into their kitchen, they replied “policy”. Gee, thanks for the consideration!! By doing the right thing, and protecting them and other guests, it cost me some $250, and my partner a much anticipated birthday present. “Terrible” is not a low enough description for this experience. “Non-compassionent” or “money grubbing” might be more apt.
- mkight658500Authentic Umbrian experienceWe had a fantastic time on our market and cooking tour in Spoleto. Claudia provided us with an excellent Italian experience; welcoming us into her home, guiding us through the meal preparations and then serving up some of the best Umbrian specialities. We had such a wonderful time together, enjoying the food and chatting with Claudia and her husband, learning about the area and practising our Italian, that we didn’t want to leave. Was a fun experience and we really appreciated their hospitality and a truly delicious meal.
- janicewR1236GF00The best evening with Gianluca!I had the most magical evening with Gianluca and his family, Georgia, Kayla, and Benedita (please excuse the misspelled names!)! First of all, I have rarely met such a gracious and welcoming family. They made me feel welcome from even before I arrived! They welcomed me with the most delicious coffee and cookie I have ever had! Then we went to the market to get some fresh ingredients for the meal. Then back to their house to cook! Gianluca made incredible appetizers, handmade pasta, a chicken dish, and his secret recipe tiramisu. I even got to help! There was so much delicious food that I couldn't eat it all! I highly recommend the Cesarine experience and Gianluca in particular. Definitely a must do! When I'm back in Italy, I plan to do this again with Gianluca!
- kathleenlM2313AM00Wonderful and Authentic cooking experience in RomeThe cooking class with Valeria was a wonderful and memorable experience. Valeria welcomed us warmly Into her home and taught us how to make pasta and delicious sauces. Valeria is an excellent instructor and great conversationalist. We enjoyed chatting with her and friend Daniella as we prepared the food together and enjoyed the meal. It was a very authentic and fun Roman experience. We highly recommend it.
- joejasonmedia00Remarkable experienceWe would highly recommend this experience for anyone traveling to Rome. We were greated at their door and welcomed into their home. Part of the experience includes going to the market with them and picking out our vegetables, pastas, and sauces. We then traveled to a farm where fresh eggs had been laid 16 minutes prior to our arrival. When we return to their home we got right into the cooking starting with making tiramisu first, followed by a wonderful pasta dish with traditional sauce. Everything smelled so good and we could not wait to eat as soon as we prepared our meal. The excursion told us that the experience would last about 5 hours and it was every minute of that. At first I thought maybe that'll be too long but the time went so fast and we learned so much. At this writing, we are getting our kitchen ready to prepare the very same meal that we learned how to cook with Christina. I can't say enough how much her and her husband were welcoming to us and this was certainly a highlight of our vacation. We made fast friends with them and are now in constant contact and will be discussing more of the traditional Italian recipes that we hope to learn how to make in the future.
- cath026300Must do ExperienceWhat a fabulous day. Cristina was a wonderful hostess and instructor. She made us feel at ease in her beautiful home. We prepared and cooked, tiramisu, deep fried stuffed zucchini flowers and fettuccini cacio e pepe. She provided espresso, prosecco and red wine to have with our meal along with bruscetta. It was a truly beautiful day and we urge anyone with the time in Rome to have this experience. Loved it.
- K3662PWjayc00Great Food, Even Better ExperienceMarco was our teacher and he was an absolute blast to be around not to mention the amazing food that he taught us how to make. I went with two other friends right after college graduation and we all walked out talking about how it was one of the best things we did on a month long trip. I would highly recommend you add this to any trip in Rome.
- 3marcic00Fun evening, great food!We had a great evening in Marco's kitchen. He was very welcoming and it was great getting to know him. The cooking class was hands on and the food was delicious. I highly recommend
- clandau00An amazing experience with a wonderful host!We absolutely loved our class with Cristina! My mom, sister, and I booked a class to make supplì, pasta with cacio e pepe AND amatriciana, and maritozzi. I was not sure how we could make it all in 3 hours, but Cristina is a pro! We made everything and had time to sit in her beautiful garden and enjoy it with a glass of wine. Everything was DELICIOUS and we learned so much. Cristina is a fabulous host and I would book another class with her in a heartbeat. It was one of our favorite things we did in Rome. Thank you, Cristina!
Name your recipe: food market tour and workshop with a Cesarina in Ascoli Piceno provided by Le Cesarine
Product Overview: Name your recipe: food market tour and workshop with a Cesarina in Ascoli Piceno
Number of Photos