per adult (price varies by group size)
per adult (price varies by group size)
Lowest price guarantee
Start time: Check availability
What's not included
- Round-trip shared transfer
- Pickup and drop-off from designated meeting point
- Small-group tour walking tour
- Local guide
- Food and drinks
- If available, additional transportation systems such as gondolas
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Departure details
- Am Hauptbahnhof, Am Hbf, 1100 Wien, Austria We will meet us outside of the central station Wien Hauptbahnhof in Vienna. Use the southern exit, I will wait at the little parking space next to the taxi station, Aiport bus and the Hop-On-Busses. On the other street side, you will find a police station.
- Returns to original departure point
If you have questions about accessibility, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 22360P2
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Infants must sit on laps
- Infant seats available
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately! Only if the weather is dangerous for life and limb, we are entitled to choose a different (as equal) tour. If it is not possible to avoid the danger, we will cancel the tour free of charge
- The use of mountain boots is strongly recommended
- In winter time sometimes additional equipment (snow chains, snowshoes) is needed. We will inform you accordingly!
- Due to uneven surfaces, this tour is not possible for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.
- A note from 3-Hour Private Hiking Tour to historic places around Spitz in Wachau Valley
What you can expect during your visit
- We do only offer private tours, so you have no contact with other guests!
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Safety precautions are provided by the property and are not checked by Tripadvisor for accuracy.
- How much is 3-Hour Private Hiking Tour to historic places around Spitz in Wachau Valley?
- 3-Hour Private Hiking Tour to historic places around Spitz in Wachau Valley price starts from $127.12. Discover and book 3-Hour Private Hiking Tour to historic places around Spitz in Wachau Valley on Tripadvisor
- What is the 3-Hour Private Hiking Tour to historic places around Spitz in Wachau Valley cancellation policy?
- 3-Hour Private Hiking Tour to historic places around Spitz in Wachau Valley cancellation policy: All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties. Discover and book 3-Hour Private Hiking Tour to historic places around Spitz in Wachau Valley on Tripadvisor
- Which company provides 3-Hour Private Hiking Tour to historic places around Spitz in Wachau Valley?
- 3-Hour Private Hiking Tour to historic places around Spitz in Wachau Valley is hosted by Wiener Wandern. Read reviews, discover additonal experiences or contact Wiener Wandern on Tripadvisor. Discover and book 3-Hour Private Hiking Tour to historic places around Spitz in Wachau Valley on Tripadvisor
- If you have questions about this tour or need help making your booking, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 22360P2
- You'll start atAm HauptbahnhofAm Hbf, 1100 Wien, AustriaWe will meet us outside of the central station Wien Hauptbahnhof in Vienna. Use the southern exit, I will wait at the little parking space next to the taxi station, Aiport bus and the Hop-On-Busses. On the other street side, you will find a police station.See address & details
- 1SpitzStop: 4 hoursHere we offer a mostly comfortable circular walk in the Wachau, three short ascents lead us to the viewing points. With the well-known village of Spitz as the starting point, the path leads us through terraced landscapes with grape vines and fruit trees to the legendary "Red Gate", where we will have a magnificent view of Spitz, the Thousand-Year Mountain, the Danube and the ruin Hinterhaus. We will visit all these places afterwards. The highlight of the tour is the ruin Hinterhaus, an adventurous castle from the 13th century. This is an easy route but it is still a hike with a difference in height of 200 meters! Hiking time: 3 hours | Difference in height: 200 metersRead more
- You'll return to the starting point
About the operator
This experience only has a few reviews, but you can read what other travelers have to say about the operator.
I did the 4-hour private alpine hike tour with Michael. The views on this hike were breathtaking. Michael was very …
Personalized History Tour with a Scenic Hike
I am a return customer, and I enjoyed a private hiking trip of several different historical sites around Hainburg i…
Excellent hike with a wonderful guide!
Our hiking trip with Michael was truly the highlight of our trip to Vienna! Michael was incredibly friendly and pro…
Private Tour: Great George at High Wall Mountain from Vienna
We did a tour to in the Hohe Wand with Michael. He is a great guide and immediately was able to gauge our skill lev…
Amazing day in the mountains of Austria
I did a solo hike with Michael in August 2021. Michael was an amazing guide, with years of experience. He kept me…
Awesome day out
Michael was a fabulous guide and took us on an amazing route with breathtaking views. He helped us choose a tour th…
4- Hour Private Hiking tour
This private tour was truly incredible, and a great way to experience Austria and see some amazing views. Our tour …
Durnstein castle, "Footsteps of Lionheart" hike
Absolutely amazing tour, the highlight of my vacation. Michael is a very professional guide, spoke good English (al…
Amazing private overnight two-day hiking tour!
Loved the hike Michael arranged for me! It couldn't be better! I liked the fact that Michael suggested an option fo…
One of the best tours i have ever been to. Michael was the guide and he did a fantastic job. Along the hike he expl…
Day Hike Near Vienna
My day hike in the Alps near Vienna was wonderful! I am an experienced hiker and wanted to spend a day away from th…
Michael tailored the walk to suit my needs. Bad weather did not spoil the walk and I learnt a lot. Michael’s love f…
We thoroughly enjoyed our hike with Michael, who told us lots of history, information about the area and details of…
We greatly enjoyed our hike with Michael! He took us up ladders and exploring in caves. It was challenging but wort…
My family of 3 went on the day hike with Michael. He is very experienced and knows the area well. We are not super …
Detailed Reviews: Reviews order informed by descriptiveness of user-identified themes such as cleanliness, atmosphere, general tips and location information.
This was a great hike that Michael took us on! Michael is very communicative via text and email. Because we wanted to spend more time in Spitz he reconfigured our hike to meet our needs and it was amazing. This whole valley is a Unesco world heritage site and when we got there we understood why! It is truly picturesque as you walk through vineyards to view the city from above. Micheal picked us up from the meeting point (train station) right on time and we had ample time to walk around Spitz and truly enjoyed driving through the other towns of the valley. Michael took lots of pictures for us which he sent to us after we got home. They were great! Great experience!
Written April 5, 2018
This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
Little room in our suitcases for hiking boots. Can we hike in sturdy running shoes?
Buy it with
From quick jaunts to full-day outings.