Discover the best Salzburg has to offer on board of your luxury vehicle. This is the perfect tour for first time visitors! You will start your day with a tour of the city including Leopoldskron Palace, Hellbrunn Palace, the best viewpoint in Salzburg and more. After exploring the baroque city of Salzburg you will travel to the "Salzkammergut" lake district, on your way to Hallstatt you will enjoy beautiful sights such as the Fuschlsee, St. Gilgen with the Wolfgangsee, Bad Ischl and finally Hallstatt, a very unique lakeside village with 7000 years of history. A day filled with the history of Salzburg and the lake district including Hallstatt will end at your Salzburg City Hotel.
per adult (price varies by group size)
Lowest price guaranteeReserve now & pay laterFree cancellation
Start time: Check availability
Live guide: German, English
What's not included
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Private transportation
- Bottled water
- WiFi on board
- Departure details
- Traveler pickup is offered.
- We'll pick you up from any hotel or address (airbnb etc.) in Salzburg, if your hotel is not in the list, then just mention it and we'll pick you up from there.
- Hotel pickup is offered. View the hotel list on our checkout page to see if yours is included among the pickup points.
If you have questions about accessibility, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 7617P69
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- Which attractions will I visit with Salzburg City and Hallstatt Private Tour?
- During this experience, places you will visit include:Discover and book Salzburg City and Hallstatt Private Tour on Tripadvisor
- How much is Salzburg City and Hallstatt Private Tour?
- Salzburg City and Hallstatt Private Tour price starts from $422.55. Discover and book Salzburg City and Hallstatt Private Tour on Tripadvisor
- What is the Salzburg City and Hallstatt Private Tour cancellation policy?
- Salzburg City and Hallstatt Private Tour cancellation policy: For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Discover and book Salzburg City and Hallstatt Private Tour on Tripadvisor
- Which company provides Salzburg City and Hallstatt Private Tour?
- Salzburg City and Hallstatt Private Tour is hosted by MCM Tours & Travel Salzburg. Read reviews, discover additonal experiences or contact MCM Tours & Travel Salzburg on Tripadvisor. Discover and book Salzburg City and Hallstatt Private Tour on Tripadvisor
- If you have questions about this tour or need help making your booking, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 7617P69
Reserve your spot
- You'll get picked upSee departure details
- Pass bySalzburg
- 1Mirabell Palace and GardensStop: 15 minutesSee details
- 2SalzburgStop: 30 minutesSee details
- 3Schloss LeopoldskronStop: 10 minutesSee details
- 4Schloss HellbrunnStop: 15 minutesSee details
- 5Rosewood Schloss Fuschl (2024)Stop: 15 minutesSee details
- 6St GilgenStop: 10 minutesSee details
- 7HallstattStop: 2 hoursSee detailsPass bySalzburg
- You'll return to the starting point
About the operator
MCM Tours & Travel Salzburg
Joined in October 2012
#8 of 101 Tours & Activities in Salzburg
- MichaelTYS00Wonderful Sound of Music/Hallstatt TourAbsolutely wonderful experience. Did the Sound of Music/Hallstatt tour. Unfortunately the weather was not cooperating but Lena made the tour amazing! Easy in and out in the pouring rain to visit the movie scene spots. Driving back in the dark and the snow, Lena was an absolute pro. Highly recommend!
- traffic-cone00A 10 out of 10 tour & guideI had high expectations for this tour but the scenery, our guide and the castles surpassed everything. Our guide Patrick was beyond excellent; knowledgeable, friendly and on every detail went the extra mile e.g. in the morning we stopped at the Gollinger waterfall which was an unexpected but beautiful treat. And then at lunchtime he'd made a reservation for us on the off chance at a hotel local to the Eagles Nest. We had a fantastic meal sitting on the roof terrace with views of the castle in a restaurant we would never have found ourselves. In addition Patrick had collected pictures, information & anecdotes which further enhanced the whole experience. It was a glorious day weather wise & I cannot praise Patrick highly enough. If you enjoy history, scenery and want a charming, knowledgeable & entertaining guide then this is the tour for you.
- Q8996YWclairec00great outing. perfect for everyone. great guide.guide was great. stunning scenery. would do again. perfect for all ages. loved the town. highly recommend.
- michaelsJ9842ML00Wonderful Private Tour with PatrickMy husband and I had a wonderful day with Patrick visiting Eagle’s Nest, Berchtesgaden and Ramsau and we would highly recommend a private tour with him. Patrick was extremely knowledgeable, friendly and full of interesting information. He went above and beyond in sharing stories about the area and answering all of our questions. He even went out of his way to show us a couple of extra sites that weren’t part of the planned tour. We are so glad we did the private tour instead of a group tour. Our day with Patrick was our favorite part of our 10 day trip to Munich, Vienna and Salzburg.
- jagre00Exceeded expectations!Fantastic! What an outstanding day. Do NOT second guess booking this. Worth every penny and was a favorite day of our two week trip. Patrick made us feel like a local showing us the off beaten path to unbelievably beautiful locations. He made lunch reservations at the most picturesque restaurant in Hallstatt and provided the most relaxing adventure. We then headed to the Eagle’s Nest and his knowledge and guidance could not be matched. I cannot say enough about how much my husband and I enjoyed Patrick and the day he provided. We are already planning our return trip and 100% will request a day with Patrick again. You will not regret booking this!!
- Wander53048900Great way to see Hallstatt!This was an excellent tour! Our tour guide Patrick picked us up promptly, and drove us to several beautiful spots on the way to Hallstatt. He was very knowledgeable and made the tour interesting and enjoyable. Hallstatt was a picture perfect town. Per Patrick’s recommendations, we rented an electric boat to go out on the lake, and had lunch at the Gruner Baum Terrace restaurant. Patrick met us at the other end of town and dropped us back at our apartment. I highly recommend this tour and Patrick!
- V3145SGdeborahd00Salt Mine, Berchtesgaden and Bavarian Mountain highlightsThis tour was truly one of the highlights of our trip to Austria. Our guide Manfred was on time picking us up and was full of interesting information during the day. Manfred went out of his way to show our family of 4 (including 2 teenage boys) beautiful and interesting sights. Manfred had made our reservations in advance for the Salt Mine (AMAZING tour) and lunch and was also very adaptable to adjust our schedule when the weather shifted. We truly saw more off the beaten path highlights and interesting little stops that we never would have encountered otherwise. In addition, Manfred went out of his way to help us secure dinner reservations in Salzburg at local hotspots. This tour was fabulous and our family highly recommends it!!!
- LMcG201300Great Tour Group. They make it soooo easy!MCM Tours and Travel were very accommodating from the start. They were prompt in answering my emails prior to our trip and making suggestions that would work for my family of 5. We chose to tour the Eagle's Nest from Salzburg, on a Sunday. We wanted to go to the 8:30am mass first at the Cathedral. Patrick picked us up promptly at 10am right outside the cathedral at Mozartplatz (Mozart Square). His van fit us comfortably, and it was very clean. He spoke very good and clear English. From there we went to the Salt Mine Tour. We weren't planning on doing the salt mine, but we had our 3 young adult children that range from 19 to 25, Patrick recommended it and a friend from home said it was fun plus it was raining, so we decided to do it. It was surprisingly fun. I'm glad Patrick suggested it. From there we drove to the Eagle's Nest looking at beautiful scenery and listening to the history of the area from our guide. I always like private tours. You get to learn about the history, but also present day "real" life from your guide. What it's like to live in Austria today, his life and family etc... Before the Eagle's Nest we wanted to stop for lunch and Patrick guided us to a lovely rooftop restaurant called Restaurant Panorama in Berchtesgaden. It had wonderful views of the Alps and the Eagle's Nest. Wouldn't have known about it if it wasn't for Patrick. After lunch, we proceeded to the Eagle's Nest. Patrick made it very easy for us to get the tix and the bus up the mountain. He came along and provided info about the place and had us go outside on the terrace first because he knew the rain would be coming. It's just easy when you have a guide. You struggle with the travel of getting to a foreign country, all the luggage, the language barrier and all the other unknowns. It's just easy when you have someone as kind and knowledgeable taking care of you along the way. I would definitely recommend this tour and this tour group. They provide a great product and great service. Worth the money.
- Wymels00Best tour ever - don't miss this one!Hallstatt is absolutely stunning, and our guide - Patrick - was amazing. Professional, knowledgeable, funny, and responsive to our in-the-moment requests. He knows the area very well (he grew up there) and even our most unexpected questions led to a terrific story or example. Each stop was better than the last. Next time we're in Salzburg, we will 100% choose another tour with MCM and Patrick!
- Mike E00Amazing day!Patrick, our guide, did an incredible job. He was very knowledgeable and we learned so much. We would highly recommend him.
- JessicaKC197800Great trip with ManfredSpending the day with Manfred was great! He was very helpful keeping us on schedule on a very busy day! He also made sure to make a couple of extra small stops he knew would be important to us. Definitely recommend!
- waynemB2481ES00Amazing tour!Our guide, Manfred, was very knowledgeable and informative. He made sure we were taken care of - from picking us up promptly at our hotel and at every stop on the tour. He gave us great ideas as to what to do the next two days of our stay in Salzburg. He also followed up by sending an email with the information in case we could not remember what all he had told us. I would highly recommend him - much better than a group tour.
- afar4400Manfred with MCM and his lake district and Hallstatt tour was amazing!Manfred picked us up at our hotel promptly at 10 AM. Our family of four with two teenagers ages 16 and 18 had a great time getting to know Manfred. He is a wealth of knowledge and loves to travel. He took us to the tops of mountains and to several lakes and lakeside villages, and then finally to Lake Hallstatt. We explored Lake Hallstatt on our own for a little over three hours, and had a nice lunch by the lake. We stopped in another village to get some fresh spring water from the spring on the way home. I would highly recommend using MCM for your tour guide as Manfred runs a great tour guide service!
- fanofworldtravel00A Top Notch Experience worth every dollar / euroPatrick was a fantastic tour guide. He is personable, knowledgeable, flexible and is generally just a lovely person to spend the day with. His English is very good which made it nice to better understand the culture and history of the region. He took us to some out of the way things that really enhances what we learned with him. He has been giving tours for over five years and really knows his stuff! Our 7 & 10 year old daughters enjoyed the tours and Patrick went out of his way to make it interesting for them too. The VW van was spotless and very roomy for our group of six. My only tip is to pack some snacks. You’re so busy touring that there isn’t much time to stop and eat. I would highly recommend this service and ask for Patrick!
- kazueh090800Great experienceThe driver was friendly and knowledgeable. The van was super clean and comfortable. Would recommend those who keen to go to Lake District without hassle.
Detailed Reviews: Reviews order informed by descriptiveness of user-identified themes such as cleanliness, atmosphere, general tips and location information.
This was a great experience! Patrick was a wonderful tour guide and was very knowledgeable and considerate. Would highly recommend this tour!
Written May 13, 2022
This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews as part of our industry-leading trust & safety standards. Read our transparency report to learn more.
Buy it with
Salzburg City and Hallstatt Private Tour provided by MCM Tours & Travel Salzburg
Product Overview: Salzburg City and Hallstatt Private Tour
Number of Reviews
Number of Photos