Salzburg Marionette Theatre: Highlights-The Magic of Marionettes (30 min. show)
Lowest price guaranteeReserve now & pay laterFree cancellation
Ages 1-99, max of 10 per group
Duration: 30–120 minutes
Start time: Check availability
: German, English, French, Spanish
Print or digital reading material such as a guide, map, brochure, etc.
- Ticket to the Salzburg Marionette Theatre
- Entry/Admission - Salzburg Marionette Theater
If you have questions about accessibility, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 52822P6
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- Which attractions will I visit with Salzburg Marionette Theatre: Highlights-The Magic of Marionettes (30 min. show)?
- During this experience, places you will visit include:Discover and book Salzburg Marionette Theatre: Highlights-The Magic of Marionettes (30 min. show) on Tripadvisor
- How much is Salzburg Marionette Theatre: Highlights-The Magic of Marionettes (30 min. show)?
- Salzburg Marionette Theatre: Highlights-The Magic of Marionettes (30 min. show) price starts from $31.14. Discover and book Salzburg Marionette Theatre: Highlights-The Magic of Marionettes (30 min. show) on Tripadvisor
- What is the Salzburg Marionette Theatre: Highlights-The Magic of Marionettes (30 min. show) cancellation policy?
- Salzburg Marionette Theatre: Highlights-The Magic of Marionettes (30 min. show) cancellation policy: For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Discover and book Salzburg Marionette Theatre: Highlights-The Magic of Marionettes (30 min. show) on Tripadvisor
- Which company provides Salzburg Marionette Theatre: Highlights-The Magic of Marionettes (30 min. show)?
- Salzburg Marionette Theatre: Highlights-The Magic of Marionettes (30 min. show) is hosted by Salzburg Marionette Theater. Read reviews, discover additonal experiences or contact Salzburg Marionette Theater on Tripadvisor. Discover and book Salzburg Marionette Theatre: Highlights-The Magic of Marionettes (30 min. show) on Tripadvisor
- If you have questions about this tour or need help making your booking, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 52822P6
Reserve your spot
About the operator
Salzburg Marionette Theater
#1 of 16 Theater & Concerts in Salzburg
- IlanaMeredith300The artistry is mind-blowing!They somehow retained the integrity of this musical, eventhough it is pared down from the original. The serious material was still all there, mixed in with all the joyful moments most keep in their hearts when thinking of SoM. First and foremost though, the artistry blew my mind, and the curtain call literally took my breath away. I was also fascinated how they staged certain songs that just require someone to "act". They managed to pull it off finding ingenious moments, without it becoming suddenly a parody of the original piece. Incredible! ...coming from a New Yorker who sees Broadway shows all of the time.
- gregkamm00Very enjoyable and unique experience!An enjoyable rendition of the Sound of Music. The puppeteers skill is amazing. If you are a devoted fan of SOM, don't miss this marionette show!
- Bouldertraveler201400A fun experience for three family generationsTake time to look at the exhibit in the entry and hallways. The history of this marionette theater is fascinating.
- TravelChic446900Delightful experienceWhat an absolutely delightful, one-of-a-kind experience. The mixture of actual people in perspective with the marionettes of different sizes and depths on the stage created such an interesting show. I especially loved seeing the people at the top of the stage, and how they worked together to make it happen.
- dr_ganlt00World of string puppets.Located within the Festung Hohensalzburg (fortress) and an eye opener to the art and skills of string puppets. A worthwhile tour of the World of string puppets when visiting the fortress even though we did not have the time to see the puppet show. Cheers.
- marlarkey9900Excellent... a must-seeExcellent... highly recommended. This was a production of Magic Flute like you've never seen before. Performed with marionettes. This is must-see... its excellent.
- blueybrit00Brought back lots of memories xAmazing! One mark off only because a family brought in their baby and they stayed throughout the first half of the performance even while it cried! Very inconsiderate! They must have been asked to leave at half time as we had a blissful 2nd half. Perhaps the staff could stop them from entering next time?
- JPDBoone_NC00A wonderful Show!We viewed a showing of, "The Magic Flute." The detail on the puppets were amazing. We were impressed by the craftsmanship that goes into the making of the puppets, the skill of the puppeteers and the lifelike movements of the puppets. My husband went to the show with me reluctantly but afterwards said that it was one of his favorite events in Salzburg. I wish we could have seen all of the performances that were offered.
- AspiringFoodie00Fun TimeBetter than expected. Would suggest better enforcement of people who use flash cameras during the performance
- grumpy66grumpy6600brillianta great and entertaining place to visit alone, couple or with family and enjoy the marionettes musicals and plays.
- tmomma1100MagnificentSuch an entertaining and thoroughly enjoyable experience. Quite unique and a dying art. The puppeteers are very skilled and talented. Such a unique experience, totally different than the usual play, musical or concert. As middle aged adults, felt like a kid again. Curtain call was amazing, just as good as the actual performance. The curtain was raised so you could applaud the actual puppeteers. In addition, they performed, giving you the opportunity to see the behind the scenes look at how the puppets work. The Sound of Music is in English, however there are subtitles on the side walls with several different languages. There is not a subtitle for everything though. It is a smaller venue, so you may want to book your tickets in advance. Although the stage is small, we did not have any problems viewing the show sitting midway back. There was an intermission. During intermission, drinks and snacks were available to purchase. The theater was decorated with all sorts of puppets and costumes. It was interesting to look at all the history of the theater. They even have a puppet you can try out yourself. Wonderful, unique experience! Dying art that needs to be appreciated! Fun for all ages! Highly recommend!
- Grover R00Theatrical performance you can not get other placesOne of the tour books we had talked about both the performance and the theater as can't miss sights. We left Munich in the afternoon just to make it to Salzburg for this performance. Both the performance and theater were great and truly things you could only do in Salzburg. Marionette show and designed theaters are something of a lost art. While all I could think about was "...How many times do I have to tell you, Spinal Tap on top and puppet show on bottom.", it was impressive to see the performance and the setting. The stage is so small but it is able to convey a large performance. The subtitles were a little hard as they appeared on the side wall but they allowed everyone in 6+ languages to enjoy. Overall a great experience in Salzburg that I highly recommend.
- GmanSA00Der Nussknacker (The Nutcracker) - AMAZING EXPERIENCE!Don't believe a word the negative reviews say - this is an age old tradition in Salzburg, and it's not a Broadway production, but Marionettes. The theater is old yes, the Marionettes most likely too, but they are works of art! We saw a production of the Nutcracker in December 2019. All three adults in our party of 3 are post 40 and it was like reliving our childhood. I remember seeing a marionette production at my primary school in Gr1 and the sounds and images left an indelible impression on me. This was a magical night out at the theater, seeing something totally different to the usual concert or musical. The music is pre-recorded, because it's a small theater and obviously less costly than having a full orchestra, but who would want one for a marionette production anyway. Can't comment on the Opera's that these guys produce, but again, pre-recorded is way easier than hiring professional singers all the time. There are "subtitles" or at least with Nutcracker, a synopsis of the production. Info is minimal, but enough to give one an idea of what is happening in the scenes. If you find yourself in Salzburg with nothing to do in the evening, make sure you go and see one of their productions. Not only will the kids enjoy, but guaranteed, the adults will too.
- Eurotraveler555700Magic fluteDelightful presentation. Child friendly. Easy to see performance. Easy to access theater and close to other attractions.
- J4757DVmanuelab00Short and sweetOne hour show was perfect, we’ll done. Great for kids but more interesting if you actually understand German.
Detailed Reviews: Reviews order informed by descriptiveness of user-identified themes such as cleanliness, atmosphere, general tips and location information.
The theatre was less than half full, but everyone was crammed into fist 8 rows. Group of “ladies that lunch” sat in front and moved around regardless of those behind
The puppeteers were excellent
The puppeteers were excellent
Written May 27, 2022
This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews as part of our industry-leading trust & safety standards. Read our transparency report to learn more.
We are sorry to read that you had problems with people in front moving around. But we hope that, as you mentioned, our puppeteers could amend it with their performance.
Written May 30, 2022
This response is the subjective opinion of the management representative and not of Tripadvisor LLC.
Buy it with
Salzburg Marionette Theatre: Highlights-The Magic of Marionettes (30 min. show) provided by Salzburg Marionette Theater
Product Overview: Salzburg Marionette Theatre: Highlights-The Magic of Marionettes (30 min. show)
Number of Reviews
Number of Photos