Paris, Rome, New York. Everyone knows these are centers of amazing eating. But Reykjavik? You better believe it. And you will after this exciting and fulfilling full-day tour through some of the area’s best food ways and byways. With an expert guide, leave the Icelandic capital to visit a farm where you’ll munch on locally produced treats while watching the farm in action. Visit a greenhouse that grows tomatoes using power from geothermal activity and a classic turf farm where you’ll get to eat dried fish, smoked lamb, and pancakes with rhubarb jelly.
per adult (price varies by group size)
Lowest price guarantee
Start time: Check availability
What's not included
- Private tour
- Transport by private vehicle
- National Park fees
- Light refreshments
- Food tasting
- Professional guide and driver
- Hotel/port pickup and drop-off
- Entry/Admission - Thingvellir National Park
- Entry/Admission - Laugarvatn
- Entry/Admission - Fridheimar
- Entry/Admission - Selfoss
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
- Departure details
- Traveler pickup is offered.
- Pick-up is offered from your accommodation in Reykjavik
- Skarfabakki Harbour, 544P+F35, 104 Reykjavík, Iceland
- Korngarður, Cruise Terminal, 542Q+CPG, Korngarðar, 104 Reykjavík, Iceland
- Hotel pickup is offered. View the hotel list on our checkout page to see if yours is included among the pickup points.
If you have questions about accessibility, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 2970P93
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Infant seats available
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.
- Which attractions will I visit with Private Golden Circle Gourmet Food Tasting Tour?
- During this experience, places you will visit include:Discover and book Private Golden Circle Gourmet Food Tasting Tour on Tripadvisor
- How much is Private Golden Circle Gourmet Food Tasting Tour?
- Private Golden Circle Gourmet Food Tasting Tour price starts from $630.07. Discover and book Private Golden Circle Gourmet Food Tasting Tour on Tripadvisor
- What is the Private Golden Circle Gourmet Food Tasting Tour cancellation policy?
- Private Golden Circle Gourmet Food Tasting Tour cancellation policy: All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties. Discover and book Private Golden Circle Gourmet Food Tasting Tour on Tripadvisor
- Which company provides Private Golden Circle Gourmet Food Tasting Tour?
- Private Golden Circle Gourmet Food Tasting Tour is hosted by Gray Line Iceland. Read reviews, discover additonal experiences or contact Gray Line Iceland on Tripadvisor. Discover and book Private Golden Circle Gourmet Food Tasting Tour on Tripadvisor
- If you have questions about this tour or need help making your booking, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 2970P93
Reserve your spot
- You'll get picked upSee departure details
- 1Thingvellir National ParkStop: 20 minutes - Admission includedSee details
- 2Efstidalur IIStop: 90 minutes - Admission includedSee details
- 3Gullfoss WaterfallStop: 40 minutesSee details
- 4GeysirStop: 40 minutesSee details
- 5FridheimarStop: 40 minutes - Admission includedSee details
- 6Turf HouseStop: 70 minutes - Admission includedSee details
- You'll return to the starting point
About the operator
Gray Line Iceland
Joined in July 2011
#95 of 323 Outdoor Activities in Reykjavik
- jltomo00Great tour around IcelandThis was very straight forward which was excellent. Booked on line, I was contacted online in 15 mins of booking to confirm time, date of pick up etc. Were there on the day at the right time also. The tour itself was very good our guide was Krista (hope I got the correct name.) Her history of Iceland was very good, she explained everything and added lots funny bits of information to which was really good. This was an excellent tour thank you. Mrs Lyn Thomas.
- pamt_1200Natural beautiful IcelandWe had a tour with Darren - who had so much background information to bring the Island to life. Much about culture, nature folklore plus much more Mick was a careful driver. The itenary covered some beautiful natural sites. All impressive and well worth seeing.
- Julie F00Great tour and tour guideGreat tour. Great tour guide. He was very knowledgeable and a good sense of humour; whichmade the tour interesting and informative.
- rokia43100Amazing experience worthy of recognitionAmazing country! Darren was an awesome tour guide partnered with a professional and courteous driver. We learned so much about beautiful Iceland from him in the very short period we were there. Worth the trip and worth revisiting.
- 450terencep00Great experience.Excellent experience a nice walk across the lava. Then lowered down inside for a walk around. The a lovely hot soup at the base camp. Loved it.
- Moonwolfhowl00Fun!!!Darren our Tour Guide and Helgi our driver really made our tour special. He was fun and entertaining while still taking their job seriously. They made sure everyone had a spectacular time while keeping us on schedule in a friendly and professional manner.
- Bubbly-00100Enjoyable TourVery informative tour, great stops and certainly would recommend. Pick up was simple enough and everything ran like clockwork.
- Danielle Z00Good tour for the highlights of IcelandThe tour itself was good. Enjoyable sights but the tour guide was only just ok. She honestly put us to sleep during the bus ride. There could’ve been way more information of value for what we were seeing. And when we got off the bus she’d say she was walking us somewhere and she would never even wait for you to get off the bus LOL. Regardless, glad we went and could see Iceland outside of the city.
- Trip47398300Amazing and awe-inspiringThis is an amazing excursion! You and a small group are lowered into a dormant volcano, where you can climb among the boulders and take in the amazing colors the eruption left behind. It is awe-inspiring and a little scary, but so worth it! The hike to the volcano was cold and windy, but the gravel path made it fairly easy to navigate. All of the guides were friendly, enthusiastic, and engaging. We had a terrific, once-in-a-lifetime experience. Highly recommend!
- jakeabm00Book now!Darren and Helgi are the bees freaking knees. Great tour to get a bunch of cool sites in for a short time period.
- TheSmithsofDeeWhy00Food Walking Tour ReykjavikOur guide, Oli was an excellent guide and very informative however from a food perspective it was very disappointing as we only experienced Icelandic Hot Dogs (amazing) and a fish meal (fantastic) which was not what we were promised. We were expecting a more varied experience.
- Zech B00Organized Way to See the Golden CircleThis was a great experience and organized way to see the Golden Circle in Iceland. If you are visiting over the winter like we were, driving yourself can be intimidating and I highly recommend this tour to see some of the most famous tourism sites in Iceland.
- 740irvingb00Reykjavík Golden Circle on Gray lineThe time spent at each was good. Amazing views and best of all a great tour guide and driver. Helgi our driver was professional and courteous. Smooth ride. Darren our guide gave us colorful details of each stop, the things we passed snd comments about Iceland and the people. Great job Helgi and Darren I would want the two of them to be available for others to enjoy
- Poushali G00Brilliant tripIt was a great tour. The driver was superb and he explained the history of Iceland very nicely while in the bus. The waterfalls were majestic and beach was very beautiful
- 371aayushs00NO SERVICE PROVIDED EVEN AFTER REMINDER & FULL PAYMENTSIMPLY PATHETIC - THEY ARE NOT BOTHERED TO PROVIDE SERVICE AFTER RECEIVING THE PAYMENT. WE HAD OUR AIRPORT TRANSFER BOOKED FOR EARLY MORNING 5 AM AND NOBODY TURNED UP FOR THE SAME. THEIR EMERGENCY NO. IS USELESS TOO AS NOBODY PICKED UP TO ASSIST US
Buy it with
Private Golden Circle Gourmet Food Tasting Tour provided by Gray Line Iceland
Product Overview: Private Golden Circle Gourmet Food Tasting Tour
Number of Photos