Private Tour: Swedish History Day Trip to World Heritage Candidate Markim-Orkesta from Stockholm
Lowest price guaranteeReserve now & pay laterFree cancellation
Start time: Check availability
Live guide: Swedish, English
What's not included
- Local guide
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Private transportation
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Professional guide
- Lunch (at farm restaurant)
- Departure details
- Traveler pickup is offered.
- All central hotels, ports and other accommodations within 3km from Stockholm central station (no pick up at Nynäshamn harbour but instead travel directions to meeting place in Stockholm). If your tour departs from the cruise pier: If your ship arrives at S165 and S167 STADSGÅRDEN: Please walk a few hundred meters away from your ship while following the BLUE/GREEN lines. Go past the fences and guards, and your guide will wait there, with a sign saying "Viking Tours" on an A4-paper. NOTE: If you enter any other harbour number in STADSGÅRDEN than S165 or S167 please go outside the fences and guards and the guide will meet you there on the time of the tour. If your ship arrives at F638 FRIHAMNEN: Upon debarking the ship, please go through the terminal building. Once you go past the sliding doors (everyone else that departs the ship will walk out this way), the guide will meet you just outside the sliding doors. The guide will be holding an A4-paper saying "Viking Tours". NOTE: If you enter any other harbour number in FRIHAMNEN than F638 please go outside the fences and guards and the guide will meet you there on the time of the tour. If your ship arrives at V523 VÄRTAHAMNEN: Walk from your ship towards the tourist buses, which is less than 10 meters from the ship hull. The guide will wait for you at the tourist bus area, near the buses, with an A4-paper, which says "Viking Tours." The guide will then direct you to the tour vehicle. NOTE: If you enter any other harbour number in VÄRTAHAMNEN than V523 please go outside the fences and guards and the guide will meet you there on the time of the tour. If your Ship Arrives at NYNÄSHAMN: NO PICK UP INCLUDED HERE. That due to it being 50km away from Stockholm central station. We recomend you to contact and with us decide a meeting place in Central Stockholm. We will give directions how to go there either by train or that take one of the cruise busses going from the harbour into Stockholm. If you are unsure of which pier your ship is arriving at, please check with the cruise line.
- NO PICK UP AT Nynäshamn Harbour
- Hotel pickup is offered. View the hotel list on our checkout page to see if yours is included among the pickup points.
If you have questions about accessibility, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 16888P7
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Private tour, minimum 2 people per booking
- A maximum of 12 people per booking
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- How much is Private Tour: Swedish History Day Trip to World Heritage Candidate Markim-Orkesta from Stockholm?
- Private Tour: Swedish History Day Trip to World Heritage Candidate Markim-Orkesta from Stockholm price starts from $240.76. Discover and book Private Tour: Swedish History Day Trip to World Heritage Candidate Markim-Orkesta from Stockholm on Tripadvisor
- What is the Private Tour: Swedish History Day Trip to World Heritage Candidate Markim-Orkesta from Stockholm cancellation policy?
- Private Tour: Swedish History Day Trip to World Heritage Candidate Markim-Orkesta from Stockholm cancellation policy: For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Discover and book Private Tour: Swedish History Day Trip to World Heritage Candidate Markim-Orkesta from Stockholm on Tripadvisor
- Which company provides Private Tour: Swedish History Day Trip to World Heritage Candidate Markim-Orkesta from Stockholm?
- Private Tour: Swedish History Day Trip to World Heritage Candidate Markim-Orkesta from Stockholm is hosted by Sweden History Tours. Read reviews, discover additonal experiences or contact Sweden History Tours on Tripadvisor. Discover and book Private Tour: Swedish History Day Trip to World Heritage Candidate Markim-Orkesta from Stockholm on Tripadvisor
- How much time do I need for Private Tour: Swedish History Day Trip to World Heritage Candidate Markim-Orkesta from Stockholm?
- On average, this experience will take approximately 5h. Discover and book Private Tour: Swedish History Day Trip to World Heritage Candidate Markim-Orkesta from Stockholm on Tripadvisor
- If you have questions about this tour or need help making your booking, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 16888P7
Reserve your spot
- You'll get picked upSee departure details
- 1Arkils tingstadStop: 30 minutesSee details
- 2Vallentuna churchStop: 30 minutesSee details
- 3Husbyöhns IslandshästgårdStop: 40 minutesSee details
- 4Snåttsta Gård ABStop: 20 minutesSee details
- 5LindholmenStop: 40 minutesSee details
- 6Orkesta kyrkaStop: 30 minutesSee details
- 7VallentunaStop: 40 minutesSee details
- You'll return to the starting point
About the operator
Sweden History Tours
Joined in February 2016
#22 of 280 Tours & Activities in Stockholm
- katiebeth151700Great tour with our guide, Gabriel!I booked this tour as a fun surprise for my husband, who loves vikings, and we were not disappointed! Our guide, Gabriel, was absolutely wonderful and so knowledgable. He tailored the tour to our interests, and we had a great day with him. All of the stops were very interesting, and even in the winter, very beautiful. If you are interested in viking history, this tour is perfect!
- SharonDamico00Great and memorable dayThe tour was very impressive. Our tour quide Gabriel was very professional, knowledgeable and personable. He presented the material in an interesting and enjoyable format.
- okateo201800An area rich in history!We took a day trip from Stockholm, and truly enjoyed seeing a different part of the country. The train ride was lovely, and navigating around the town was easy. The University, Cathedral, and Museum were all very interesting. Walking around the burial mounds in learning more about the history of the area was wonderful
- miltonb94800Look elsewhere for more professional companies.Just straight up stood us up. No warning, cancellation…anything. Waited 30 minutes in the cold. They claimed they “forgot.” Yes they refunded us but it killed an evening in Stockholm we had reserved for this. Look elsewhere for more professional companies.
- P4141KRanac00Brilliant!This is one of the best historical tours I've taken in my 5 weeks touring Europe. Our guide Calle answered all our questions. He was helpful, very friendly, knowledgeable and professional from start to finish. It was a long day but his enthusiasm never waned. It was so worth it and I highly recommend this for anyone who wants to know more about the Vikings.
- 455eli_kah00Great Stockholm tour with historical aspectsThe tour guide was great. We have learned so many things about Stockholmm and saw places we would have never seen as tourists alone. We enjoyed Jonathans historical overview. Definitely recommend!
- hspencerswgrp00Excellent Tour, Easy to PlanA large part of what I do for work (I'm a personal assistant) is make travel arrangements. The couple I work for LOVED their private Viking History tour and raved about their wonderful guide, Asa Ovrelid. She was incredibly knowledgeable and delightful to be around and it was a highlight of their trip. I arranged everything via email with Jonathan - he was responsive, easy to work with, answered my ten bajillion questions, and best of all, everything went exactly as scheduled. Five stars!!
- rdubinas00The Perfect Viking/Stockholm ExcursionPerfect half-day tour if you are in Stockholm. Our tour guide, Karl Gustaf, was extremely knowledgeable and informative about Viking and Swedish history and about Sweden in general. The length of the tour was perfect too, especially in the winter months and we returned to our hostel right as the sun was setting. The tour never felt rushed, the restaurant selection was excellent, and the driving accommodations were very comfortable. The key element of this trip was undoubtedly Karl Gustaf and his knowledges of Sweden and its history! I’m excited for all those who have the pleasure of experiencing this tour in the future!
- V4185ZFmatthewm00Wonderfull tour. Would recomend for anyone.Excellent laid-back tour. The guide was very knowledgable. I would recommend this to anyone. Well done.
- Andrea G00Fun and Informative!Carl was a fun and informative guide. He made sure everyone was comfortable and could hear everything. I would recommend this tour. I learned a lot.
- danielac87200a good choicevery interesting to do as first activity, in order to enter Swedish culture and history. Well designed also the program, with the right balance of the stops during the day. We ha an excellent assistant, Bianca, who drove us all day making us feel in a friend's car. Also Gabriel the guide was very interesting and never boring in his descriptions. I recommend this tour.
- Robert B00Nice Viking history.Friendly, knowledgeable guide and the Rune stones and their story made the trip for me, sigtuna was nice for the history but otherwise underwhelming. The Viking story was good but hard to relate it to any specific sites. Nevertheless a good all around history tour.
- Freedom2436359258200Good enjoyable tour with an engaging guideA really enjoyable tour. Calle went out of his way to show us the main sights and was very well informed and interesting. He also dropped us at a nice restaurant after the tour.
- V841PJmikeb00Great time learning Viking history!Had an awesome time! Gabriel was an excellent and knowledgeable tour guide, and it was great to learn so much about Viking history. One note for the tour company—it was a little hard to hear the tour guide’s commentary in the car (I was also in the back so that could have been it), or maybe a mic issue. Also note to anyone planning to do this tour in the near future—would definitely recommend bug spray because the mosquitoes were out in force. But besides that, was an amazing experience and would recommend to anyone!
- 477bradp00excellent half-day tour to SigtunaThis tour with Gabriel was excellent. We saw Viking rune stones in several places that we stopped before ending up in Sigtuna, the oldest town in Sweden. Gabriel was knowledgeable, passionate about Swedish and Viking history, and enthusiastic. You could tell that he really cared about us having a great day. We had 6 people on our tour and everyone enjoyed being with each other. It was a nice day with no rain. We had about 30 minutes in Sigtuna to grab a coffee and we went into a delightful local cafe called Valvet. The food was excellent and reasonably priced. We were picked up and dropped off at our hotel in central Stockholm which was great. Not having to allocate extra time to get to a meeting place really makes a difference in the early morning. The only very, very slight drawback of the tour was it was scheduled very tight. The total tour time door to door was 5 hrs. It would have been nice to have another 30 minutes in Sigtuna and a few minutes more at each of the other stops. Basically, another 30-60 minutes total on the tour door to door but I would still totally recommend this tour.
Detailed Reviews: Reviews order informed by descriptiveness of user-identified themes such as cleanliness, atmosphere, general tips and location information.
Mar 2017 • Couples
My husband and I took the Private Tour: Swedish History Day Trip to World Heritage Candidate Markim-Orkesta from Stockholm. It was excellent. The two guides Angus and Jonathan were knowledgeable, friendly and very professional. It was nice to get out of city and see some of country side. The tour itself was full of history, stories, and had a real personal touch to it. We saw not only ruins but historical sites, farms and churches. They provided so much information that we couldn't get from reading a book or website. The pick up and drop off service from our hotel was helpful. Well worth the time and money. Highly recommend it!
Written March 23, 2017
This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews as part of our industry-leading trust & safety standards. Read our transparency report to learn more.
Thanks for your kind words. We are very happy that you enjoyed your private tour with us and it was nice to spende the day with you and your husband. You had great questions and a great interest in the rather unknown hidden pearl that Markim-Orkesta is. Best regards Angus
Written April 29, 2017
This response is the subjective opinion of the management representative and not of Tripadvisor LLC.
Buy it with
Private Tour: Swedish History Day Trip to World Heritage Candidate Markim-Orkesta from Stockholm provided by Sweden History Tours
Product Overview: Private Tour: Swedish History Day Trip to World Heritage Candidate Markim-Orkesta from Stockholm
Number of Reviews
Number of Photos