Crete private tour: Knossos Palace, Archaeological museum, and Heraklion Town
By Kivotos of Aegean Travel
per adult (price varies by group size)
per adult (price varies by group size)
Lowest price guarantee
Start time: Check availability
What's not included
- Private tour
- Transport by private vehicle
- Professional guide
- Heraklion Port pickup and drop-off
- Hotels pickup and drop-off (Heraklion town only)
- There is a supplement charge for pick up and drop off from other locations.
- Food and drinks
- Entrance fees to the Knossos Palace and the Archaeological museum
- Entry/Admission - Heraklion Archaeological Museum
- Entry/Admission - The Palace of Knossos
- Departure details
- Traveler pickup is offered.
- Free pick up from centrally located hotels in Heraklion town
- Heraklion cruise port
- Returns to original departure point
If you have questions about accessibility, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 16227P4
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infant seats available
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- At time of booking, Cruise ship passengers must provide the following information at time of booking: ship name, docking time, disembarkation time and re-boarding time
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.
- Which attractions will I visit with Crete private tour: Knossos Palace, Archaeological museum, and Heraklion Town?
- During this experience, places you will visit include:Discover and book Crete private tour: Knossos Palace, Archaeological museum, and Heraklion Town on Tripadvisor
- How much is Crete private tour: Knossos Palace, Archaeological museum, and Heraklion Town?
- Crete private tour: Knossos Palace, Archaeological museum, and Heraklion Town price starts from $428.28. Discover and book Crete private tour: Knossos Palace, Archaeological museum, and Heraklion Town on Tripadvisor
- What is the Crete private tour: Knossos Palace, Archaeological museum, and Heraklion Town cancellation policy?
- Crete private tour: Knossos Palace, Archaeological museum, and Heraklion Town cancellation policy: All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties. Discover and book Crete private tour: Knossos Palace, Archaeological museum, and Heraklion Town on Tripadvisor
- Which company provides Crete private tour: Knossos Palace, Archaeological museum, and Heraklion Town?
- Crete private tour: Knossos Palace, Archaeological museum, and Heraklion Town is hosted by Kivotos of Aegean Travel. Read reviews, discover additonal experiences or contact Kivotos of Aegean Travel on Tripadvisor. Discover and book Crete private tour: Knossos Palace, Archaeological museum, and Heraklion Town on Tripadvisor
- If you have questions about this tour or need help making your booking, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 16227P4
- You'll get picked upSee departure details
- 1Heraklion Archaeological MuseumStop: 90 minutes - Admission excludedSee details
- 2The Palace of KnossosStop: 90 minutes - Admission excludedSee details
- You'll return to the starting point
About the operator
This experience only has a few reviews, but you can read what other travelers have to say about the operator.
What an amazing trip planned and executed by Panos. He was so thorough and perfect! From airport transport to all t…
Despina arranged our itinerary perfectly. From hotels, transfers and tours. It was a great experience in Greece.
Great Road Trip of Mainland Greece, and Mykonos - Santorini
Despina of "Kivotos of Aegean Travel" suggested and organized for our group of two couples an amazing road trip of …
Litle venezia is obligatory and sitting close to the beach drink a good beer and eat a lamb with the sauce
Private 4 hour tour to learn from a pro!
Private tour catered to our wishes so we could go to more less crowded places and enjoy the beauty of the tiny isla…
A fantastic trip!
What a wonderful experience working with Panos and Kivotos Travel! Panos responded to all communications with quick…
Our honeymoon was a trip of a lifetime thanks to Despina & the team at Kivotos of Aegean Travel. Despina helped us …
Best Trip of a Lifetime
We absolutely recommend Kivotos 100%. Due to the Covid issues, we had to postpone our trip and Despina not only wo…
Fabulous Trip to Greece!
We highly recommend Panos Zafiriou at Kivotos of Aegean Travel for our recent trip to Athens, Santorini and Mykonos…
The Best Honeymoon!
Our honeymoon was absolutely perfect thanks to Panos and his amazing crew. From start to finish, our trip was organ…
Cristos was amazing- would always use him given the opportunity was extremely knowledgeable , funny -courteous- we…
Use this travel agency for the best trip to Greece
We were coming to Greece for a wedding and wanted to explore another island. I was hesitant to use a travel agency…
Best honeymoon package
Had the best honeymoon with this company! We did Rome, Amalfi, Santorini and Athens. Everything was so smooth, grea…
Thumbs up for Panos Zafiriou of Kivotos of Aegean Travel
If you are ever going to plan a trip to Greece I highly recommend Kivotos of Aegean Travel, Panos Zafiriou in parti…
Great experience with Panos of Kivotos of Agean Travel
Working with Panos from Kivotos of Aegean Travel has been delightful. He was able to assist us in all of our needs…
Detailed Reviews: Reviews order informed by descriptiveness of user-identified themes such as cleanliness, atmosphere, general tips and location information.
Having seen the art, pottery, jewelry, money, arms that were excavated at the palace, and the model recreation of the site at the museum before visiting the palace helped the ruins come to life. As impressive as the model was, physically walking the ruins helped us understand why it took 100 years and 35 different kings to construct this massive compound 1500 years before the birth of Christ. You can still see the remains of the earliest man made water and sewage piping systems, and the first known paved road in Europe. Our guide was exceptional with details for just about any questions we had. Comfortable shoes and a hat are a must for this tour. You can purchase water at the entrance to the site. This tour is worth the full day.
Written September 14, 2018
This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
Can I be picked up at Ikaros Beach Resort Hotel in Malia?
Hi. We have a party of 4, of which 2 speak English and 2 Russian. Are there any guides that speak both languages
Is it possible to do this tour with a pick-up from Chania, but that I have a flight from Chania Airport on the 15 Mar @ 7:15pm?
I do believe this is possible if you plan on doing only the Knossos Palace Site tour, using private transportation to and from the site. Chania is about a 2.5 hour drive one way, through the Port City of Heraklion, and on to Knossos. The site opens at 8AM and there is a self paced, audio tour using your own personal (smart)phone that you can do. The full site is about a 2 hour tour. Depending on what time you leave the site and head back to Chania, you may need to add 30-40 minutes additional time to get through rush hour traffic, for a total return trip of about 3 hours. I would not recommend attempting this with the available bus tours. The travel time increases significantly given they have designated routes and stops along the way to and from the palace site, and their tours are mostly half day tours including additional stops at other locations. So yes, I believe it's possible. Start early, arrange your own private transportation, and do the self guided tour. You should be able to tour the palace and make it back in time for your flight. Best of luck!
If we are in the port at 8am and meet our driver at 8:30, is it possible to be finished at the museum by 12:00pm? We assume we will visit Knossos first? We are trying to meet up with someone at noon to travel to a winery and wonder whether this is possible to do within this time frame? Thank you.