per group (up to 4)
Lowest price guaranteeReserve now & pay laterFree cancellation
Duration: 4–5 hours
Start time: Check availability
What's not included
- Transportation by luxury, air-conditioned Mercedes Benz taxi
- Hotel or port pick-up and drop off
- English-speaking taxi driver
- Wi-Fi internet connection on request
- Child seat on request
- Cold water
- Professional tour guide (the guidance is conducted by the taxi driver
- Fees for the archeological sites (Euros 30 per person general admittance)
- Airport pickup and drop-off are extra charged 40 euros paid to the driver
- No wheelchair accessible
- Entry/Admission - Acropolis
- Entry/Admission - Temple of Olympian Zeus
- Entry/Admission - Ancient Agora of Athens
- Entry/Admission - Athens
- Departure details
- Traveler pickup is offered.
- We pick you up from ANY hotel in Athens, Piraeus or Rafina port and Athens Airport
- Athens Intl Airport, Attiki Odos, Spata 190 04 Greece
- Hotel pickup is offered. View the hotel list on our checkout page to see if yours is included among the pickup points.
If you have questions about accessibility, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 189104P1
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- Which attractions will I visit with Athens Half Day?
- How much is Athens Half Day?
- Athens Half Day price starts from $293.86. Discover and book Athens Half Day on Tripadvisor
- What is the Athens Half Day cancellation policy?
- Athens Half Day cancellation policy: For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Discover and book Athens Half Day on Tripadvisor
- Which company provides Athens Half Day?
- If you have questions about this tour or need help making your booking, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 189104P1
Reserve your spot
- You'll get picked upSee departure details
- 1AcropolisStop: 2 hours - Admission excludedSee details
- 2Temple of Olympian ZeusStop: 20 minutes - Admission excludedSee details
- 3Lycabettus HillStop: 20 minutesSee details
- 4Change of GuardsStop: 30 minutesSee details
- 5Ancient Agora of AthensStop: 60 minutes - Admission excludedSee details
- 6Roman Forum of Athens (Roman Agora)Stop: 20 minutes - Admission excludedSee details
- You'll return to the starting point
About the operator
Astron Taxi Transfer & Day Tours
Athens, Attica, Greece
Joined in November 2011
#43 of 623 Transportation in Athens
- JacquelineBLennon00Amazing!!Aris was amazingly knowledgeable and fun. He was not only the wedding transfer for my nephew‘s wedding, but he also took us on a full day Athens and Cape Sounio tour! It was a great overall experience and would highly recommend this company for all of your transfer and tour needs. He also took great photos and made sure that we had a great overall experience!
- joeandlieslk00Day trip to Delphi and ThermopylaeThis was our second excursion with Aris. The day before, he took us all around Athens for the "Half Day Athens" trip. The drive to Delphi was spectacular. Once out of the city, the terrain became quite mountainous and heavily treed. It took about two hours to get to Delphi. Along the way, we stopped at the mountain ski retreat town, Arachova, then onward to the Temple of Athena Pronaia, which stands at the gateway to Delphi. Next, we visited the Gymnasium, and then the Castalian Spring where Pythia, the Oracle at Delphi purified herself before she proceeded to Apollo's Temple. The ruins at Delphi extended high up Mount Parnassos, (it was quite a trek), but the view from the top was well worth it....beautiful and impressive. One can see down to the distant ocean's edge. It was quite hot in the sun, but surprisingly cool and breezy under the olive trees dotted along the path. Between Aris' tutelage on the way and our guide book, we didn't really feel the need to hire a tour guide. The Museum at Delphi was lovely and housed many important pieces, several sculptures/fragments/kouroi of which we recognized from our studies as art history students. Next he brought us to Taverna Vakhos for a delicious lunch--yet another incredible view! Then we were on to Thermopylae where we saw the colossal King Leonidas statue and the site of the Spartan/Persian battle. He drove us back to Athens along the northern coast, which rivaled the views of our drive out. What can be more beautiful than mountains meeting sea? Perhaps the teal color of the Aegean itself. It was a long, enjoyable day. He brought us safely back to our hotel and then picked us up the next morning for our flight to Crete! Punctual and in good sprits, just as before! Thank you for a lovely weekend, Aris!!
- Pat W00Great DriverWe hired Aris for an airport transfer and it was well worth it. He met us at the airport with sign in hand and was promptly at hotel for our return a few days later. He was professional, friendly and gave us great information as our first contact in Athens. Highly recommend
- HRTSHETYH00Great driver special service thank you so muchSuch a great service the driver waited for us in the airport and was polite and nice he took care of us from day one till we left and was always on time the car brand Mercedes clean new and tidy with lots of space we drove and visit beautiful places we had a great time we highly recommend
- RaddishG00A goofy adventureRight after coming to greece me and my family had the pleasure to meet the funniest and most welcoming person we could have met on our trip, aris has been a delight and a good friend, while we didnt have the luxury to go to many famous places in greece he did take us whenever we needed him to with a smile and a few laughs, when we needed a taxi the first name we thought of is aris and he always gave us the time of day to schedule and prepare for wherever we had to go, coming in time and all, we hope to come back to greece soon just so we can go on more trips with aris. From the son of the family Daniel
- X4152SCrobertb00First Class Service, and a new friendship in GreeceOur trip to Greece was an incredible journey. The country is fantastic, the food is incredible and the people are friendly. Our trip was made top-notch when we met Aris and his associate/partner Vangelis. We toured Athens, Patra, Corinth and local beaches. The whole time we had them as our personal guides and transportation. We went there thinking we were going to get to see some neat places. But they took it to the next level and went above the call by taking us to very interesting locations and giving us local tips we probably would not have otherwise learned. We left Greece very sadly because we did not want the trip to end. Their friendship, professionalism, and timeliness made it a journey we really look forward to do again. When we do, we will definitely call Astron Taxi Transfer.
- Hh234500SolidEverything you would want from a driver/guide. Punctual, safe, excellent with kids, fun with everyone, knowledgeable, full of useful tips for a relaxing vacation.
- Voyage49888500Excellent driver, very informative, always on time, showed us great places to eat.Great Taxi, choice, highly recommended for visit around Greece. Highly recommend driver, very punctual and professional.
- g00dtravel200Aris was an excellent driverI'd contacted Aris before our trip to Greece. He transported us to our hotel from the airport, from our hotel to the port and finally from the port (after our cruise) to the airport. He was on time, very knowledgeable and give us a mini tour, because we had time, before our flight home to Phoenix! He is well educated and very helpful. I'd definitely book with him again...hopefully we'll get back to Greece soon.
- yui89600Amazing, nothing else needs to be saidthe driver was funny and welcoming. gave us a perfect tour! never late and never had a bad trip. highly recommended!
- Vapan00Wonderful visit in MeteoraWe wanted to go in Meteora and we found through internet Aris who was very fast in replying to our requests, very supportive, kind, reliable and offered great value for money. He was an excellent guide giving us full info not only about history of the place but generally for all Greek matters like daily life and economy. We strongly recommend him for such guided trips all over Greece.
- WVanDo00Highly recommended!Aris is very honest and reliable. He was recommended by a fellow taxi driver who does not have availability on the dates that me, my husband and octogenarian mother are visiting Greece. He arrived on time and is a safe driver. His price is very reasonable considering the service we got. Having a private and dedicated car definitely beats having to line up and wait with other strangers for a ride and a tour. He is also very knowledgeable of his culture, mythology and all. Look no further and message him. Thanks Aris for an enjoyable and memorable trip to Greece!
- san5248201800Best tour in AthensMy grandson and I took a private tour with Aris. His tour was cheaper than the cruise ship tours, private, and just wonderful. He asked what we would like to see and he accommodated all of our wishes. He was so knowledgeable of all of the sights and the history of Greece. I would highly recommending using Astron Taxi.
- ahooda700Very good driverA decent person, gentle and cultured .. He has tourist information and history .. Good speaker .. We enjoyed with our tour and we will repeat ..
- gtmwander00Lazarus and Son provided a great drive to Delphi and MeteoraWe booked a van to shuttle two couples for 3 days/2 nights from our Athens Hotel to Delphi to Meteora and back to Athens Airport. Aris was very helpful during the booking process and Lazarus was an excellent driver. His son accompanied him and provided useful information and was great company. Lazarus was able to provide good recommendations on places to eat as well as few hidden places to visit in Meteora.
Detailed Reviews: Reviews order informed by descriptiveness of user-identified themes such as cleanliness, atmosphere, general tips and location information.
We hired Aris before we left the US. He contacted us before our departure and we were able to arrange for an airport transfer in addition to our Athens excursion. We arrived Athens Airport, and Aris was waiting for us, sign in hand. We dropped our bags at the hotel, and off we went to the Acropolis, the Agora, and the many other wonderful sites throughout Athens as promised on our day trip. We were exhausted from travelling, but really appreciated his knowledge of ancient Greek history, his recommendation of restaurants and his insights on current events. Great day! So great that we asked him to take us to Delphi and Thermopylae the next day, to the airport the following morning for the Crete/Cyclades segment of our trip, and he even picked us up at the ferry and took us to the airport for our return home. It was a relief knowing Aris was taking care of all these transfers in addition to the tours. He was always prompt, waiting for us to arrive, with a great attitude, plenty of topical conversation (his English is excellent), expansive knowledge of history and a healthy, good-hearted sense of humor, to boot. He even gave us a parting gift: an excellent bottle of virgin olive oil from his own trees! We think of Aris and our wonderful trip to Greece each time we use it. Yasou!
Written August 2, 2021
This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews as part of our industry-leading trust & safety standards. Read our transparency report to learn more.
Buy it with
Athens Half Day provided by Astron Taxi Transfer & Day Tours
Product Overview: Athens Half Day
Number of Reviews
Number of Photos