Ancient Agora of Athens: Audio Tour on Your Phone (no ticket)
By Clio Muse Tours
No trip to Athens could be complete without a visit to the Ancient Agora! Enjoy a hassle-free visit to one of the most dynamic attractions of Athens with a fascinating self-guided audio tour on your smartphone and follow, at your own pace, the riveting journey of the evolution of Athenian democracy. Your tour begins with a comprehensive introduction to the chain of events that made democracy possible in ancient Athens while, during your walk, anecdotal stories from the lives of bright Athenian personalities, such as Aristides the Just and glorious Pericles, will come alive through the original and fun content of your expertly designed audio guide. This is an unmissable opportunity to immerse yourself into the world of classical Athens and listen to the stories of the first democratic citizens in world history. * Ticket/entrance fee to the archaeological site is not included.
Lowest price guaranteeReserve now & pay laterFree cancellation
Ages 18-60, max of 999 per group
Duration: 1h 30m
Start time: Check availability
German, English, Italian, French, Spanish
What's not included
- Self-guided audio tour for your smartphone (Android & iOS) in English
- Offline content with an offline interactive map to avoid roaming charges
- Αctivation link to access your audio tour
- Entrance fee to the Ancient Agora & Museum
- Live Guide
- Smartphone or headphones
- Food and drinks
- Entry/Admission - Ancient Agora of Athens
- Departure details
- Adrianoy 24, Athina 105 55, Greece Τhere is no meeting point. The audio tour is designed to start at the entrance of the Ancient Agora at Andrianou Str. The site is just a 4-minute walk from Thesion Urban Railway station (Green Line).
- Dionysiou Areopagitou 19, Athina 117 42, Greece The tour ends at Dionysiou Areopagitou Str. Athens 11742 (in front of the Theatre of Dionysus). Near the metro station Acropolis.
If you have questions about accessibility, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 57246P64
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Admission fees for Ancient Agora and the Museum are not included
- Hours of Operation: From 13 of April to 31 of October: 08:00 - 20:00 (last entrance 19:45).The site is closed on 25 December, 26 December, 1 January, 25 March, 1 May, Christian Easter Sunday.
- This is a downloadable self-guided audio tour for your smartphone (accessible through our app)
- No live guide or meeting point provided.
- You will receive an email from the local supplier with important audio instructions. on how to access and download your audio tour. Please check your email spam folder as well
- Book per device to be used, not per participant
- An Android (version 5.0 and later) or iOS smartphone is required. The audio tour is not compatible with Windows Phones, iPhone 5/5C or older, iPod Touch 5th generation or older, iPad 4th generation or older, iPad Mini 1st generation
- You will need storage space on your phone (100-150 MB)
- Please note that your TripAdvisor - Viator Voucher is not your entry ticket. Admission fees are not included in this product
- Receive an email from the local supplier with important audio instructions. Check your spam folder as well.
- Please consider that internet access might be unavailable & mobile signal may be weak. So kindly, download the tour on your smartphone, prior to your visit, to access them offline and avoid roaming charges
- Ensure that your smartphone is fully charged & that you bring your earphones
- Most travelers can participate
- Note that bookings received between 17.00-8.59 will be served from 9.00 and on.
- Non refundable once activated
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 999 travelers
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- What you can expect during your visit
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Safety precautions are provided by the property and are not checked by Tripadvisor for accuracy.
- Which attractions will I visit with Ancient Agora of Athens: Audio Tour on Your Phone (no ticket)?
- During this experience, places you will visit include:Discover and book Ancient Agora of Athens: Audio Tour on Your Phone (no ticket) on Tripadvisor
- How much is Ancient Agora of Athens: Audio Tour on Your Phone (no ticket)?
- Ancient Agora of Athens: Audio Tour on Your Phone (no ticket) price starts from $13.21. Discover and book Ancient Agora of Athens: Audio Tour on Your Phone (no ticket) on Tripadvisor
- What is the Ancient Agora of Athens: Audio Tour on Your Phone (no ticket) cancellation policy?
- Ancient Agora of Athens: Audio Tour on Your Phone (no ticket) cancellation policy: For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Discover and book Ancient Agora of Athens: Audio Tour on Your Phone (no ticket) on Tripadvisor
- Which company provides Ancient Agora of Athens: Audio Tour on Your Phone (no ticket)?
- Ancient Agora of Athens: Audio Tour on Your Phone (no ticket) is hosted by Clio Muse Tours. Read reviews, discover additonal experiences or contact Clio Muse Tours on Tripadvisor. Discover and book Ancient Agora of Athens: Audio Tour on Your Phone (no ticket) on Tripadvisor
- If you have questions about this tour or need help making your booking, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 57246P64
- You'll start atAdrianoy 24Adrianoy 24, Athina 105 55, GreeceΤhere is no meeting point. The audio tour is designed to start at the entrance of the Ancient Agora at Andrianou Str. The site is just a 4-minute walk from Thesion Urban Railway station (Green Line).See address & details
- 1Ancient Agora of AthensStop: 40 minutes - Admission excludedBouleuterion Just uphill from the Tholos, take a glimpse of the ruined Bouleuterion, where 500 Athenians met daily to draw up laws and proposals presented to the city’s popular assembly. Museum of the Agora The exhibits in the Museum of the Agora are bound to fascinate you, providing a rich pool of information on the ingenious, yet at times cruel, methods used by the Athenians to defend their democracy from any malign influence. Prison of Socrates As you ascend on the hill of Philopappos, you’ll discover the prison of Socrates and gain some important insights into the life and death of the great Athenian philosopher.Read more
- You'll end atDionysiou Areopagitou 19Dionysiou Areopagitou 19, Athina 117 42, GreeceThe tour ends at Dionysiou Areopagitou Str. Athens 11742 (in front of the Theatre of Dionysus). Near the metro station Acropolis.See address & details
About the operator
This tour has not yet been reviewed, but you can read what other travelers have to say about this operator.
Excellent guided audio tour
Very easy guided tour to do at your own pace. I am so happy we chose this over a tour with a guide and would totall…
Great Content, Iffy UI
The audio tour was clear, interesting and informative. Well worth the expense. We downloaded it in advance, which w…
Our driver, Akis, was great! Very accommodating, pleasant, professional and most of all, a safe driver! He picked…
Only worth it when busy
Tickets to all Athens historical sites can be purchased for €30 on site as opposed to the €35 charged by Clip Muse.…
Disgusted and frustrated.
Could never get the apps to work. You need to download 3 apps to get this to this Audio Tour (Tripadvisor, Viator …
We bought tickets and downloaded all the links we were sent but when we got to the acropolis we were told they didn…
Great information but hard to follow
Information is very thorough and clear. However I found it hard to match the sites with the descriptions in a timel…
Having a package that included both the Acropolis' and city audio tour was amazing. The content was great. I would …
Better than just looking around
The information given is really top-notch. Walking around while listening makes the whole experience amazing and ve…
First-day trip that wasn’t too tiring
We loved that it wasn’t too far from the main part of the city - we wish there had been more than a lot of pottery,…
The title is: “Stay away from trip advisor”.
The museum would not accept our online tickets. We had to pay again to enter building. We are requesting a refund.
Do not buy this
The museum is fantastic but my poor review is regarding experience with skip-the-line e-ticket. First of all, ther…
Cheaper than an actual guide, but not better than just walking around yourself
technically everything worked. The information about the site was interesting. But there was NO way to connect what…
It was glitchy and unable to download. I would not recommend. I attempted to contact the provider and received no a…
E-ticket dis not work.
The e-ticket was not accepted and I had to buy a new ticket at the location. I downloaded the ticket before going…