Recommended by 100% of travelers
Select Date and Travelers
per group (up to 3)
Reserve Now & Pay Later
Low Price Guarantee
Gaze one of the most majestic views in Greece with a private trip to Cape Sounion. After your private pick up by luxury car or mini van, relax and travel along the scenic Saronic Gulf, all the way from Athens Riviera to the cape and listen to your driver sharing tips and insights. Admire the temple of Poseidon, which sits atop a sheer sea cliff and was a sacred site in the ancient world. Tour the Temple of Poseidon, dedicated to the mythological god of the sea and absorb the unique views across the Aegean. After this trip to ancient times, your private driver can recommend nearby places to taste the delightful Greek dishes, or even grab a delicious waffle with ice cream. You get to admire stunning Archeological Sites and breathtaking views. 100% personalized tour. No prearranged fixed tour. Absorb the far-reaching views over the Aegean and take unique photos. Enjoy the scenic drive along the Saronic Gulf, passing beaches and seaside resorts. Extra stops for a meal or ice cream.
- You'll get picked upSee Important Information for details
- 1Temple of PoseidonStop: 60 minutes - Admission excludedSet out to a private sunset day trip to Cape Sounion. Our trip starts with a wonderful drive along the Athens Riviera. During this relaxing ride you’ll enjoy splendid views of the Saronic Gulf while passing through some of Athens’ most beautiful suburbs, including Glyfada, Vouliagmeni, and Varkiza. Your private driver will share tips and insights and recommend places to go or have a nice meal. Arriving at the Cape Sounion, you will visit the 5th century B.C. Temple of Poseidon with its magnificent panoramic view of the Aegean Sea (on a clear day you can see several islands). Cape Sounion has long played an important part in Greek mythology and history, and the first recorded mention of it occurs in the Odyssey, as the last safe landing before Poseidon scattered the returning Greek navy. As god of the sea, Poseidon was very important for ancient Greeks, and the scale of the Temple at Cape Sounion reflects that. At the Temple, be filled from the beauty, the history and the culture of this unique place. Wander around the ruins and view the signature of Lord Byron, carved here in the early 1800s. Absorb the far-reaching views over the Aegean and take unique photos. Later on, your private driver will recommend you scenic places to go for a meal or even enjoy a delicious waffle with ice cream.Read more
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Private transportation by luxury car or mini van
- Greek Culinary Welcome Gift
- English Speaking Private Driver Sharing Tips
- Extra Stops
- Guide in Archeological site
- Entrance Tickets ( Temple of Poseidon) 8€ Per Person
- Entry/Admission - Temple of Poseidon
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Time of year
Write a review
What was your experience like?
Share your best travel photo
Let the world see your experience through your eyes.
Get quick answers
Ask fellow travelers and attraction managers your top questions.
About the operator
This experience only has a few reviews, but you can read what other travelers have to say about the operator.
By: Crispy Local
One of the best sunsets
One of the best places to visit close to Athens. It is only about 1 hour drive and the route is rewarding. Ioannis …
We booked lake vouliagmeni tour and we had a great time. The location is breathtaking, the water warm and the surpr…
Very interesting tour guide!
We had a great tme! Yannis provided us with an excellent service! Highly recommended if you want a professional pri…
Great Views - Great Drive!
The views of the cliff of Cape Sounio were astonishi g! The ride from Athens to the Temple is scenary. The service,…
The place is great, the cliffs are breathtaking and the view is astonishing! The drive to Meteora was easy and comf…
Perfect day! The best tour ever!
What can i say about Meteora and about this tour? Words can't describe the beauty of the landscape and the amazing …
5 Star Service, 5 Star Tour Guide
Our guide, Ioannis, went above and beyond in every way and we highly recommend him! It was a four hour drive each …
Great time spent on boat !
The tour was really great ! We were 5 people and the weather was not so good (windy and bit of rain), so the captai…
Most comfortable and enjoyable way to see this unique destination!
My wife and myself have been frequent visitors to Greece over the years but the one attraction that had eluded us w…
Don't hesitate- Great trip and guide
Enjoyed a wonderful day with John, very interesting and enlightening. Highly recommend. John was very accommodatin…
A half day trip to remember
Despite being Greek, I had never visited Ancient Corinth before and jumped on the chance when my French friends vis…
Thank you for the amazing experience! My Italian boyfriend and I got to see the beauty of Ancient Corinth and have …
This tour was recommended to me by a friend. Me and my company joined on August and didn't expect this experience.…
Great guide for Meteora
Perfect one-day trip, memories for life! Yannis is very knowledgeable as a guide, but also attentive to details, so…
Must have experience of the most beautiful sunset
What can I say about this tour. There is nothing that can go wrong if you decide to visit the Temple of Posidon in …
- Duration: 5h
- Mobile Ticket Accepted
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Instant Confirmation
- Pickup offered
- Languages Offered: English
Why Book on Tripadvisor?
- Reserve Now & Pay Later
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Low Price Guarantee
- No Booking Fees
- Secure Payments
- 24/7 SupportCall:+1 855 275 5071
Travelers also viewed
Frequently bought together
Popular: Booked by 136 travelers!
Frequently Asked Questions about Cape Sounion And Temple Of Poseidon Private Day Trip
- During this experience, places you will visit include:Discover and book Cape Sounion And Temple Of Poseidon Private Day Trip on Tripadvisor
- Cape Sounion And Temple Of Poseidon Private Day Trip price starts from $222.29. Discover and book Cape Sounion And Temple Of Poseidon Private Day Trip on Tripadvisor
- Cape Sounion And Temple Of Poseidon Private Day Trip cancellation policy: For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Discover and book Cape Sounion And Temple Of Poseidon Private Day Trip on Tripadvisor
- Cape Sounion And Temple Of Poseidon Private Day Trip is hosted by Crispy Local. Read reviews, discover additonal experiences or contact Crispy Local on Tripadvisor. Discover and book Cape Sounion And Temple Of Poseidon Private Day Trip on Tripadvisor