Explore the beauty of Attica Peninsula by visiting Cape Sounion and its emblematic Temple of Poseidon. Let yourself immerse in the astonishing view of the Saronic Gulf while getting familiar with the history and the archaeological significance of the area and the monuments. About 70 km from Athens, Cape Sounion is ideal for a half-day tour. The tour begins with a pick-up from your accommodation in Athens. Enjoy a comfortable 50-minute drive along the magnificent coastal road. The Temple of Poseidon, the God of the Seas, stands at a unique spot with unlimited view to the Saronic islands and the Aegean Sea. Take enough time to gaze at the magnificent blue scenery and the breathtaking sunset while learning about the captivating legend that is interwoven with the Cape and explains after whom Aegean Sea took its name. Optionally, we offer a range of side-activities that can be accomplished upon your request.
Duration: 4–5 hours
Start time: Check availability
Live guide: English
Print or digital reading material such as a guide, map, brochure, etc.
What's not included
- Private transportation
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- WiFi on board
- Sites & Museums entrance fees
- Lunch / Dinner
- Entry/Admission - Sounio
- Entry/Admission - Archeological Museum of Lavrion
- Departure details
- Traveler pickup is offered.
- We can easily pickup our customers from their accommodation address or any other address they might indicate, via cell text or email.
- Zappio, Athina, Greece
- Athens Intl Airport, Attiki Odos, Spata 190 04 Greece
- Piraeus port
- Hotel pickup is offered. View the hotel list on our checkout page to see if yours is included among the pickup points.
- Returns to original departure point
If you have questions about accessibility, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 151308P1
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Infant seats available
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- If you have questions about this tour or need help making your booking, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 151308P1
- You'll start atZappioOr, you can also get picked upSee departure details
- 1Archaeological Site of SounionStop: 2 hours - Admission excludedSee details
- 2Archeological Museum of LavrionStop: 40 minutes - Admission excludedSee details
- You'll return to the starting point