Private Day Trip to Corinth Canal and Ancient Olympia from Athens/Pireaus
By Tours of Athens
Ancient Olympia Day trip offers the visitor the irresistible combination of stunning natural scenery and the legacy of a fascinating and diverse cultural heritage. The ancient Olympic Games were a series of athletic festivals held in honor of Zeus,The games were originally held in Olympia as early as the 776 BC. The most outstanding building is the 5th Century Temple of Zeus, built by Livon, which contained the 12 meter high statue by Phideas, one of the seven wonders of the ancient world. The stadium which could seat at least 20,000 people and was the largest of its kind. The Temple of Hera is where the Olympic flame is lit from the sun and then taken by runners to light the torch wherever the games are being held, a tradition which dates all the way back to 1936AD. Even today you will notice runners using the area for fun and for practice. The museum is across the road and contains the 4th Century BC statue of Hermes by Praxiteles
per adult (price varies by group size)
per adult (price varies by group size)
Lowest price guaranteeReserve now & pay laterFree cancellation
Start time: Check availability
What's not included
- WiFi on board, Mineral Cold Water, Fuel and tolls
- Mercedes Air-Conditioned Vehicle
- Fuel and tolls
- Adjusting/customizing itinerary to skip the long lines
- English Speaking Driver(not allow to escort you into the sites/museums)
- We can accommodate 8people also(Bookable by contacting us on the phone number provided by Viator)
- Licensed Tour Guide (Bookable upon request by contacting us on the phone number provided by Viator)
- Gratuity(optional), Lunch, Entrance Fees
- Entry/Admission - Corinth Canal
- Entry/Admission - Archaeological Site of Olympia
- Departure details
- Traveler pickup is offered.
- Accommodation Piraeus area, Port and Cruise Terminal (Included). Meeting point: The driver will meet you at the port holding a sign with your name on Accommodation in Athens and Athens Suburbs Pickup/drop off from/to Accommodation located outside Athens Pickup/drop off from/to Athens Airport Meeting point: The driver will meet you inside the airport holding a sign with your name on
- Athens Intl Airport, Attiki Odos, Spata 190 04 Greece
- Returns to original departure point
If you have questions about accessibility, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 86140P31
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Infant seats available
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Most travelers can participate
- Transport is wheelchair accessible however be prepared for uneven surfaces at the sites visited which may be difficult for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair
- Infant seats are available on request if advised at time of booking
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- A note from Private Day Trip to Corinth Canal and Ancient Olympia from Athens/Pireaus
What you can expect during your visit
- Passengers and the driver are obliged to wear a mask covering their nose and mouth.
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Safety precautions are provided by the property and are not checked by Tripadvisor for accuracy.
- Which attractions will I visit with Private Day Trip to Corinth Canal and Ancient Olympia from Athens/Pireaus?
- During this experience, places you will visit include:Discover and book Private Day Trip to Corinth Canal and Ancient Olympia from Athens/Pireaus on Tripadvisor
- How much is Private Day Trip to Corinth Canal and Ancient Olympia from Athens/Pireaus?
- Private Day Trip to Corinth Canal and Ancient Olympia from Athens/Pireaus price starts from $388.77. Discover and book Private Day Trip to Corinth Canal and Ancient Olympia from Athens/Pireaus on Tripadvisor
- What is the Private Day Trip to Corinth Canal and Ancient Olympia from Athens/Pireaus cancellation policy?
- Private Day Trip to Corinth Canal and Ancient Olympia from Athens/Pireaus cancellation policy: For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Discover and book Private Day Trip to Corinth Canal and Ancient Olympia from Athens/Pireaus on Tripadvisor
- Which company provides Private Day Trip to Corinth Canal and Ancient Olympia from Athens/Pireaus?
- Private Day Trip to Corinth Canal and Ancient Olympia from Athens/Pireaus is hosted by Tours of Athens. Read reviews, discover additonal experiences or contact Tours of Athens on Tripadvisor. Discover and book Private Day Trip to Corinth Canal and Ancient Olympia from Athens/Pireaus on Tripadvisor
- If you have questions about this tour or need help making your booking, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 86140P31
- You'll get picked upSee departure details
- 1Corinth CanalStop: 10 minutes - Admission excludedSee details
- 2Archaeological Site of OlympiaStop: 3 hours - Admission excludedSee details
- You'll return to the starting point
About the operator
This tour has not yet been reviewed, but you can read what other travelers have to say about this operator.
Athens and Sounion
Very quick response for your!! Driver on time and an excellent tour guide and driver. I would not hesitate to cont…
Athens in a day
Our tour guide was George and he was the best. We had a great time, he knew when to go to certain sites and we avoi…
Everything was fine, the tour was interesting ,Athens is a great city, Acropolis and the museum was fantastic.
Excellent tour of olive grove
We only had a few hours and wanted to spend time in an olive grove. Dionisis helped us arrange a fantastic tour to…
Excellent tour of Athens
Had an excellent tour of Athens with George, very knowledgeable and adaptable to our request. Would recommend this …
Amazing personalized tour of Athens and Corinth
We loved our time in Greece and the tour guide you provided for us was exceptional! It was the exact experience we …
Great private transport with a pit stop
We had a private transport from the port to the airport with a one-hour stop at the Acropolis. Our tour guide was s…
Day trip to Delphi
The driver was online. The car was clean and comfortable. We also had a great lunch at a local restaurant with fan…
Amazing trip. Our driver was prompt for collection from cruise terminal. Car was comfortable, clean and cool. He wa…
Wonderful tour to Cape Sounion and transfer to Athen's airport
I booked a tour from the port of Piraeus to Cape Sounion and after to the Athens airport. Michael, the driver, was …
Daytrip to Kalavryta, the Monastery of Agia Lavra, and Lake Caves - wonderful day trip out of Athens
This is a great trip for a day out of Athens. Our driver picked us up in Athens, and took us to see the Corinth Ca…
BOOK THIS TOUR!
This tour was a highlight of our trip to Greece! We were honestly excited about getting to the islands and didn’t p…
Tour of Athens is so worth it!
Our driver picked us up from the port terminal and took us to see the Corinth Canal and ancient Corinth. From there…
very nice driver, very punctual, good communication where to meet and everything, comfortable car, very good
Fantastic tour and guide!!!!!!
We loved our private half day tour to the olive grove in Athens. Our driver was fantastic and knowledgeable and the…