For centuries, Athens was part of the Ottoman Empire. Although the medieval period is long gone, Ottoman heritage is still visible. Join us to this amazing walking tour, travel back in the time of Emperors, Sultans, harems and bazaars, discover unknown hidden treasures in some of the most crowded districts and revive the mixed lifestyle and culture during this less known but equally important period of history. At the end of the tour join a traditional hammam experience, where you will discover an oasis of serenity and tranquility where your inner energy and your outer glow will regenerate!
per adult (price varies by group size)
Lowest price guarantee
Duration: 138–180 minutes
Start time: Check availability
Live guide: English
What's not included
- Licensed expert tour guide
- Private tour
- Local taxes
- TripAdvisor Experiences brokerage fee
- Hammam experience (Kese hammam package) for those who are selecting the hammam option
- Oriental aromatic tea and turkish delight (at the hammam)
- For those who are selecting the "without hammam" option
- Hygiene products (hand sanitizers, face masks)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Private expenses
- Any othen hammam package
- Departure details
- Makrygianni, Athens, Athens, Greece
- Returns to original departure point
If you have questions about accessibility, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 65609P14
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Teens must be accompanied by an adult
- Minimum age is 13 years
- Hamman not for those who cannot handle hot, closed places
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.
- How much is Ottoman heritage of Athens walking tour?
- Ottoman heritage of Athens walking tour price starts from $177.92. Discover and book Ottoman heritage of Athens walking tour on Tripadvisor
- What is the Ottoman heritage of Athens walking tour cancellation policy?
- Ottoman heritage of Athens walking tour cancellation policy: All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties. Discover and book Ottoman heritage of Athens walking tour on Tripadvisor
- Which company provides Ottoman heritage of Athens walking tour?
- Ottoman heritage of Athens walking tour is hosted by Eureka Athens. Read reviews, discover additonal experiences or contact Eureka Athens on Tripadvisor. Discover and book Ottoman heritage of Athens walking tour on Tripadvisor
- How much time do I need for Ottoman heritage of Athens walking tour?
- On average, this experience will take approximately 2h 18m. Discover and book Ottoman heritage of Athens walking tour on Tripadvisor
- If you have questions about this tour or need help making your booking, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 65609P14
Reserve your spot
About the operator
Athens, Attica, Greece
Joined in November 2017
#95 of 1,153 Tours & Activities in Athens
- time4me6400Excellent Tour of Athens Anti-capitalist Neighbourhood.Our tour of Exarcheia with Eureka Athens was a highlight during our trip to Athens. Our guide was excellent, knowledgeable, professional, interesting, and full of local and historical knowledge. She gave us important insights into the current milieu of Exarcheia, Athens. We enjoyed learning about social justice issues and witnessing the murals, and experiencing a neighbourhood that was off the beaten path, outside of touristed areas. Amazing experience! We highly recommend this tour and company.
- Sendywutton00Amazing Private Nemea Wine Tour with Lunch and a visit to NafplionSpyros picked us up at our hotel promptly, and the moment we started driving we knew how much we would enjoy being with him for the day. He was so very knowledgeable about everything, kind, and energetic as we headed to the Nemea wine region. We stopped along the way to enjoy beautiful ruins and the majestic scenery of this region. It reminded me of our tours in Tuscany and in someways it was even more beautiful. At the wineries, we enjoyed full tours, tastings and more opportunities for photos of the beautiful scenery. The wineries were gorgeous! And the wine was delicious! The best that we tasted in Greece. Our second winery was a wonderful opportunity to enjoy not only a tour but a lunch made by the owner and staff at the winery. Food just kept coming and it was all so delicious! From the wineries, we drove to Nafplion. Wow! This beautiful seaside town was quite a surprise! We enjoyed it as much as the island that we visited. The shopping was higher quality as well as the opportunities for restaurants and history. We wish we would have had two days instead of a few hours. We enjoyed every minute of it. Spyros stayed with us and enriched our experience every moment of the way. We enjoyed him so much we hope that someday he comes to California so that we can return the favor. He is a wonderful man. We don’t think We could ever express how much time and effort went into this tour by Eureka tours. It was a long day for Spyros but his energy level and his kindness never ceased. The people at Eureka are truly the best.
- Freedom4541919083700An intro to Athenian foodOur tour guide Agathi brought us to lovely family-run establishments, which were frequented by locals. We got an appreciation for the typical Athenian breakfast, tried Greek coffee made the traditional way in a bed of hot sand. Despite not having any breakfast before the tour, we could barely finish all the food samples. Seeing the variety of fresh fish in the food market worked up our appetite for seafood and Agathi gave us the perfect recommendation for a seafood dinner near our hotel. We also checked out a wine bar that she recommended where we continued our exploration of Greek wines.
- Don S00Athens Street Walking Tour - AgathaAgatha our guide for the Athens Street Walking Tour was exceptional. Very friendly and knowledgeable. We enjoyed touring with her very much. Will recommend her to our friends if visiting Athens. She was a delight.
- S317QXlisas00Amazing experienceWe had a great tour with Agatha. She took us to greek designer shops and modified the tour based on our mobility limitations. There is quite a bit of walking, so be aware of this. I bought a great blouse and some earring during our tour. We even stopped for coffee during the tour. Amazing experience. We would never have found the shapes without a guide
- rohanxdsouza00A 'people's' art history of Athens (2009-2023)We (a family of three) were absolutely delighted and thrilled to have had a very engaging and thoughtful art tour of Athens by one of your guides. A young woman full of energy and capable of holding our attention through conversation and wonderful vignettes about ordinary life in Athens through street art. Hence, instead of simply a 'monumental' tour of big structures and the classical world of Greece, we got a sense of the deeper lives of ordinary people and their counter culture through street art with heroes like Lukanikos. We left Greece thinking that democracy is alive and not frozen in museums and archaeological sites. Thank you again to the young tour guide who seemed gifted with her ability to tell us stories about the streets and their wild explosions in paint. As an ideas, it would be wonderful if you could arrange for alternative histories and thinking by getting tourists or travellers to interact with historians, artists and philosophers. Why not a structured meeting over dinner or lunch so that visitors can learn beyond the strictly tourist itinerary.
- debrabV5022UR00Fantastic TourThe Athens Street Tour was fantastic for us art lovers. Our guide Agatha was delightful, engaging, friendly and gave us the history of each neighbourhood and the story behind the art and the artists. Incredible. Highly recommend.
- davidmS5797TE00Excellent tour and delightful guideWe enjoyed this tour on our first day in Athens. Our guide, Agathi, was fun, knowledgeable, and introduced us to some excellent local food. She took us to some beautiful little spots in the city and shared their history with us as she did. Spending time with Agathi was like spending time with a friend, given how easy she is to talk to. I highly recommend this tour if you like sampling a culture's culinary traditions. Just be prepared to eat.
- Blake S00Fantastic ExperienceWe had a fantastic experience with Agatha. She was extremely personable and knowledgeable about all things Athens. We laughed all night while getting a great education and eating some amazing food.
- 126ilenef00Fabulous Food Tour!You have to do this tour if you come and visit Athens! The tour guide is amazing and the food is delicious. You will go to so many places and neighborhoods you wouldn’t normally visit. I recommend this for everyone who comes to Athens!
- 405talyar00Another Side of AthensThis tour was truly wonderful. If you want to know about modern Greek history, street art and the anarchist movement the guide is very knowledgeable and brings these things to life completely. The choice of places we visited were unusual and fascinating and the way this was structured really brought history to life and a neighbourhood, too. This is such a different and worthwhile tour and highly recommend it if you have some time in Athens to explore real life and another side of things away from ancient ruins.
- William C00Art in the StreetsAthens street art is surprising and amazing. Our tour guide, Kalliopi, was fun, informative and knowledgeable of the street artists and their work. We visited neighborhoods that we probably wouldn’t see on usual tourist routes. We felt like we saw some authentic street life because of the tour. It’s nice to see modern art after visiting so many important ancient sites.
- sarahaO449HT00Great tour for vegans and non vegans!I took this your with my mom and sister. It was early may, and we were the only ones on the tour which made it a very intimate experience. since some of us were not vegan, Agatha pointed out the options they could have in addition to the vegan options. She was sensitive to food allergies. We loved getting to know her and hearing about her life and family in Athens. She accommodated our needs, and told us to parliament to see the guards when we had a bit of extra time. We could not recommend her enough! So sweet, knowledgeable and kind. Vegan slovaki was our favorite, though all stops were wonderful.
- Sightseer64181400Loved itI really enjoyed this walking tour with Agatha. She was very knowledgeable about the artists in Athens and was lovely to speak to. I’d highly recommend this tour if you want a more alternative and authentic tour of the street art in Athens!
- sarahbO819IW00Great tour and guideMy daughter (20) and I took the urban street art tour and Agatha was our excellent guide. We loved learning about the art, artists, and modern-day Athens. It was a great balance to also exploring the ruins while we were in Athens. Agatha was also very helpful with directions and local recommendations . We highly recommend this tour!