per adult (price varies by group size)
Lowest price guaranteeReserve now & pay laterFree cancellation
Start time: Check availability
Live guide: English
What's not included
- An 8-glass wine tasting of famous Greek wines
- The valuable information and knowledge offered by the Sommelier of the Be a Greek Team
- A great variety of salty and sweet finger food delicacies, like baked bread, cheese and smoked hams
- All taxes and fees
- Alcoholic Beverages
- Entrance fees to any point of interest
- Personal Expenses (i.e. souvenirs etc.
- Departure details
- Acropoli, Athens 117 42, Greece Outside Acropolis Metro Station (Makrigianni Street)
- Returns to original departure point
If you have questions about accessibility, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 46332P12
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Learn how to identify and taste wine
- Try different samples from all over Greece
- Take a tour of the wine regions of Greece and see what makes them different
- Enjoy your evening in a wonderful wine bar in downtown Athens
- Listen to our Wine Expert presenting all the different varieties
- Accompany your extraordinary selection of wines with a dish of traditional products, all exclusively made in Greece.
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- How much is Athens Private Wine Tasting Tour - Dionysian Grapes?
- Athens Private Wine Tasting Tour - Dionysian Grapes price starts from $153.12. Discover and book Athens Private Wine Tasting Tour - Dionysian Grapes on Tripadvisor
- What is the Athens Private Wine Tasting Tour - Dionysian Grapes cancellation policy?
- Athens Private Wine Tasting Tour - Dionysian Grapes cancellation policy: For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Discover and book Athens Private Wine Tasting Tour - Dionysian Grapes on Tripadvisor
- Which company provides Athens Private Wine Tasting Tour - Dionysian Grapes?
- Athens Private Wine Tasting Tour - Dionysian Grapes is hosted by Be a Greek. Read reviews, discover additonal experiences or contact Be a Greek on Tripadvisor. Discover and book Athens Private Wine Tasting Tour - Dionysian Grapes on Tripadvisor
- How much time do I need for Athens Private Wine Tasting Tour - Dionysian Grapes?
- On average, this experience will take approximately 2h. Discover and book Athens Private Wine Tasting Tour - Dionysian Grapes on Tripadvisor
- If you have questions about this tour or need help making your booking, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 46332P12
Reserve your spot
About the operator
Be a Greek
Athens, Attica, Greece
Joined in December 2016
#22 of 266 Food & Drink in Athens
- stevo_srh00Exceptional, personal, educational fun - highly recommendedThe myths and philosophers tour was a truly exceptional experience. My guide Bianca was knowledgeable, friendly and made the hours fly past. I learnt a great deal and enjoyed myself doing so. I'd recommend this tour to anyone who wants their trip to Athens to be rooted in the history and context of this city's amazing past.
- coastalsuz00A fun way for kids to learn about Greek historical sitesWe met with Maro and Bianca for a treasure hunt and to learn about the major sites in Athens. Our kids are 10, 8, 6 and 2 so lots of levels to entertain. They were incredibly patient, knowledgeable and made it fun for the kids. We would highly recommend to any family to learn about history in a fun way.
- Nicole L00What a wonderful introduction to Athens!What a wonderful introduction to Athens! Bianca’s knowledge and passion for Athens and it’s history really brought the city to life for us. Not only did she share its past, but gave us lots of tips for the time we have here in the city and travelling out to the islands. Thanks Bianca and Mora for a really terrific walk through Athens!
- 542shaunr00Great tour of Athens with the kids (aged 11,9 and 3).Great pace for kids with games, quizzes and prizes in the mix. Everyone loved trying the Greek yoghurts and it was the perfect way to spend a day. We went up to the Acropolis on another visit as we had lots of time, but you could easily go back and do this afterwards to beat the crowds.
- MrBeanHull00Fabulous way to see Athens with childrenSuch a brilliant trip and fabulous way to see Athens with children. Antonia and her colleague were fabulous from beginning to end- enchanting our children with tales of Ancient Greece and having endless fun with them. They even helped us out when I accidentally booked the wrong day and brought our tour forward. Despite walking over 16,000 steps our daughters didn’t grumble once and just had the best day. Thank you so much.
- Hrhm700Didn't Want This Tour To End!Our tour guide Bianca was amazing! She knows how to impart so much interesting information about Athens/Greek history and culture in a most engaging and enthusiastic manner. Learning about the philosophers was fascinating and we got to see the many and varied Athens highlights. This was such an incredibly enjoyable tour that, as my title says, I didn't want it to end.
- rondallj202300I am glad I was a Greek for two weeksWe visit Greece using the Travel agent Be A Greek. I rate Be A Greek a 10, their service was top self on tours. Arrangements, transportation and our needs. I will not hesitate to recommend them to anyone going to Greece. We will never forget this life time experience visit 6 different locations in Greece.
- cassondrag43400A magical and magnificent experience of Ancient Greece brought to life!Our experience inside the Acropolis Museum, guided by Stelios, a knowledgeable and passionate archaeologist, was phenomenal. Ancient Athens, was brought to life! I could imagine and feel what the people may have gone through and ultimately what shaped them to go on to become strength and resilience personified. This led to many valuable contributions to the western world. Stelios connected so many dots for us, historically and mythologically. He was glad to answer our questions and engaged, wholeheartedly in our exchanges. We were all energized and inspired by our experience. The museum was magical by night, illuminating ancient Athens and the actual Parthenon across the way, in very special light.
- mdV7051QL00Greece will definitely see me again... conflicted rating below however!I really would like to give this company a 5 star but as much as I was pulling for them, I have to quickly downgrade them to a 3. In theory, they have a great concept and the one thing I will rate them individually on as a 5 is the fact they were able to provide a slew of options of things to do around the islands that I otherwise might have missed or just plainly did not have the time to research. A++ with that and they alleviated the stress and hassle of me having to get my boarding passes to the ferry and two different air transports as I island hopped. THAT was instrumentally wonderful. They also provided the transportation to and from which in theory was a great idea but here is where I very quickly started to have to rate them as 3 (C-) The first day's tour went seamless. The second day I thought it would be the same process however the driver never came to the lobby. I waited and waited so my instincts told me to walk to the edge of the road. (There was no communication from Effie or the team of Be a Greek to alert me that I had to walk to the end of the road to be picked up. THEN, I get to the car and the gentleman does not speak English very well so he just says he is picking up one person. I asked him to give me my name at which time he proceeded to say he didn't know my name. This is a huge safety issue for me as I am not getting into a random car in a country I had never been before with a man who hardly speaks English and me not knowing Greek. After having to muddle through this we recognized he was indeed my driver and when he dropped me and my friend off, he just dropped us off into the middle of a mad house. He did not tell us where to go and Effie and/or team did not give us insight of who we were to ask for or what station to go to- NOTHING. It was extremely frustrating. We basically had to fend for ourselves the rest of that day. From this day onward, we found a lot of the same where our driver would just drop us off and not tell us where to go and Effie and/or team would always say "your driver will t guide you." but that was not the case and not speaking the language made things even more complicated in many of these scenarios. Every time we provided feedback to the group there was always an excuse and no one accepted accountability that they had indeed messed up however one of the founders Dimitrios, was very instrumental at trying to make things right by giving us upgrades in some fashion after each instance but we were not interested in upgrades.. we wanted the incompetence to cease and just be presented with information. The "in a nut shell" feedback is that we are from the US and know nothing about Greece so "we don't know what we don't know" We appreciate having someone do all of the legwork in scheduling and coordinating and going back and forth with us in making decisions. However each night when you verify times to meet driver, it would be nice to also get a detail summary of exact addresses and names of where the driver is dropping us off if there is a street address. What are landmarks, etc. If we have to meet the driver at our hotel and have to walk up the road to meet him, that needs to be specified or if we have to walk down a pedestrian street to wait for him at the corner then this too needs to be clearly expressed in the night before confirmations. We do not feel as if Effie really truly "heard" what we presented as "must do's" because we paid over 7k for this trip only for the main thing we desired to be completely eliminated from our tour which truly ticked me off and caused some unpleasantness. Dimitrios comp'ed us again for this huge misunderstanding but it was rushed and and just not fun "after" the fact but the effort for him to try to remedy it was recognized There were so many things that went wrong that we even recognized the staff discussing how difficult we were being but again if we pay over 7k for a tr unless it is an act of mother nature keeping us from doing the things we agreed upon, we have every right to expect what we paid for and that is not being difficult. I could list out all of the other mishaps but won't because they were of the same nature just different locations and different drivers etc. Antonia- our Mythology guide was the BEST! She and she alone would probably make me sway my 3 (c-) to a 4 ( B) but I just can't do it. However Antonia.. you get an A++ as a stand alone and I thank you for absolutely everything!
- melissakU234FN00Highly recommended Greek travel agentMy husband did a lot of research online to find a travel agent for our trip to Greece. He found a local agent named Dimitrios with Kimkim. I was nervous at first to use someone abroad, but Dimitrios did an amazing job communicating with us through the website as well as via phone with very helpful ideas to help us plan our dream trip. Once we figured out exactly what we wanted to do, he took care of every last little detail to make all of the arrangements. When it got close to our trip date, he introduced us to his team (Antonis & Effie) that would help us with the day to day of our trip. Not only did they communicate with us each day with the details of our following day plans, they were quick to respond to our questions no matter the time day or night. I would highly recommend this team as they were extremely professional and practiced endless patience to our many questions.
- R5132YVscottf00Amazing ExperienceDemetrius and his team were awesome. Had an amazing vacation w my fiancé. They were always there if we wanted to make adjustments to intenerary or we needed a taxi. I would highly reccomend them. Hotels we stayed at were amazing.
- thailingm00The one family tour you must take in Athens!!My kids 8 &6 absolutely loved this tour. It’s a 4 hour mythology treasure hunt tour that is planned excellently , with age appropriate games, activities, stories. The time really just flew by. Everything is so well paced and extremely well done. During the tour, kids (and adults) learned so much while we got to see all the main highlights in Athens while the kids were having the best time! Antonia was our amazing tour guide & she connected with my kids so well. My daughter was extremely sad when the tour ended. She is keeping the maps she used as a souvenir to remember this special day and Antonia. And both my kids voted this tour as the best one of our entire 2 week stay in greece (and trust me, we did several :) !!! If you are looking for a tour in Athens as a family with kids, this is absolutely the one your you must take. You & specially your kids, will be so happy you did.
- juergenwohlfart00Highly recommanded to all who are interested in history and culture!Excellent tour, lots of interesting information and nice stories of the philosophes. We sent an excellent time with Bianca our tour guide with perfect knowledge and English language! It is a perfect Tour to learn about Athen, the history and philosophy.
- R8922LBmariag00Brilliant tourOur tour guide, Antonia, was incredible. Kept my eight year old daughter engaged throughout the four hour walking tour which I can tell you is no mean feat! Really informative, and relaxed and covered a great deal. A great four hours spent and got a good amount of steps in too! No hesitation in recommending either the tour, the agency or Antonia, our guide. All excellent!
- Voyager6484886728400Kids Athen TourThe kids loved the tour and were engaged the entire time! They were ages 7 - 10 and loved it. Thank you, Antonia!
Detailed Reviews: Reviews order informed by descriptiveness of user-identified themes such as cleanliness, atmosphere, general tips and location information.
Sep 2018 • Couples
My husband and I met our guide, Katerina, at 1800 outside of the Acropolis Metro Station. From there, we took a short walk to a beautiful boutique wine shop where the owner had a wonderful spread of cheese and other goodies awaiting. We tried 8 different wines, all of which were excellent, and paired them with the snacks provided.
We probably never would have found this shop on our own, so we were very satisfied with the tour and were even able to order wine to ship back to the US.
We probably never would have found this shop on our own, so we were very satisfied with the tour and were even able to order wine to ship back to the US.
Written December 5, 2018
This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews as part of our industry-leading trust & safety standards. Read our transparency report to learn more.
Dear ejonesy4, thank you for your kind words! We are always happy to know that our Travelers had such a great time with us! We hope to see you again soon in Greece! Best regards, for the Be a Greek Team, Dimitrios
Written April 16, 2019
This response is the subjective opinion of the management representative and not of Tripadvisor LLC.
*Likely to sell out: Based on Viator’s booking data and information from the provider from the past 30 days, it seems likely this experience will sell out through Viator, a Tripadvisor company.
Buy it with
Athens Private Wine Tasting Tour - Dionysian Grapes provided by Be a Greek
Product Overview: Athens Private Wine Tasting Tour - Dionysian Grapes
Number of Reviews
Number of Photos