Experience a Road trip along Portugal! It’s time to start the engines and explore the most idyllic landscapes of this beautiful country.Space for Foodies in search of the authentic, the delicious, and the inspiring Portuguese gastronomy.It's always a good time for Portugal, truly breath-taking, truly bucket list worthy.
Lowest price guarantee
Ages 12-99, max of 40 per group
Duration: 12 days
Start time: Check availability
Live guide: Portuguese, English
What's not included
- Professional guide
- Bus or van as per itinerary equipped with Wi-Fi and A/C;
- 11 Nights’ accommodation at hotel with Breakfast;
- Twin share. Single travellers have the option to pay a single supplement to ensure a private room;
- Welcome lunch & Farewell dinner;
- Port wine cellar;
- Piri-piri chicken lunch;
- Green wine tasting;
- Farewell dinner;
- Boat tour at douro vineyards;
- Are you ready for adventure? We take you on a trip to “Serra do Gerês”. With a typical homemade lunch Horse ride and explore some crystal clear Lagoon;
- 11 hot buffet breakfasts;
- City tour and orientation tour of the visited cities;
- All hotel tips, charges and local taxes;
- Cherry-picked hotels, all tried and trusted.
- Visit to a local farm with olive oil and wine tasting;
- Seafood lunch in Peniche;
- Half day city tour in Sintra with entrance to Pena Palace. The Moon Hill is a place full of magic and mystery, where Nature and Man have combined in such a perfect symbiosis that UNESCO has granted it Word Heritage Site status one of the Portuguese seven wonders.
- Enjoy a traditional dinner at one of the famous houses of Fado. A national symbol and included in UNESCO’s list of World’s Intangible Cultural Heritage, beyond the music, Fado is a sensory experience, a journey through history, art and the gastronomy of Portugal.
- Did you bring your surf equipment? Don’t worry. In Peniche you can use ours to do an awesome surf lesson at Supertubos beach, place of one of the World Surf League stages.
- Typical picnic lunch on a Douro vineyard includes Portuguese cheeses, alheira balls with sesame seeds, chicken quiche with mushrooms, walnut cakes, a bottle of Altano Branco and a glass of Port Dow’s 10 year old wine or Dow’s LBV;Typical and homemade
- Portuguese feast at one of the traditional saloons. Mixture of seafood, Portuguese snacks and varied tapas. The bestTraditional Portuguese cuisine;Did you bring your surf equipment? Don’t worry. In Esposende why not experience a surf lesson at one of the famous and windy north beaches.
- Departure details
- Location Name: Porto
- Porto, Porto, Porto District, Northern Portugal
- Returns to original departure point
If you have questions about accessibility, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 100537P1
- Wheelchair accessible
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 40 travelers
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.
- How much is The way to do it?
- The way to do it price starts from $2,414.08. Discover and book The way to do it on Tripadvisor
- What is the The way to do it cancellation policy?
- The way to do it cancellation policy: All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties. Discover and book The way to do it on Tripadvisor
- Which company provides The way to do it?
- If you have questions about this tour or need help making your booking, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 100537P1
Reserve your spot
Detailed Reviews: Reviews order informed by descriptiveness of user-identified themes such as cleanliness, atmosphere, general tips and location information.
The itinerary was over ambitious and therefore impossible to complete leaving us feeling like we didn't get what was promised. The hotels were not 3 stars as promised, at one point I had to sleep on a futon. The breakfasts were not all hot as promised. The bus was not air conditions or wifi enabled and had serious electrical problems that put us on hold a number of times. This tour was more like a race with little support to the guide. We were given little information on the areas we were visiting south of Lisbon. It was disorganized, cheep and 4GST refused to do anything to compensate its guests. I would never book with them again.
Written September 8, 2019
This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews as part of our industry-leading trust & safety standards. Read our transparency report to learn more.
The way to do it provided by 4GTS
Product Overview: The way to do it
Number of Reviews
Number of Photos