Fátima is the religious capital of Portugal, and an essential place of visit for many people. This is the place where Our Lady appeared to the 3 children on the 13th. of May 1917, two of them, Francisco and Jacinta - beatified by John Paul II on May 13, 2002. Between 4 to 6 Million Pilgrims visit Fátima all year round. ●University of Coimbra One of the oldest universities in the world founded in 1291 is situated on a hill overlooking the city, the University of Coimbra-Alta and Sofia has grown and evolved over more than seven centuries to form its own well-defined urban area of two components within the old town of Coimbra. The Biblioteca Joanina, or university library, is one of the most visited buildings in Coimbra's university complex. Construction was started in 1717.
per group (up to 4)
Lowest price guaranteeReserve now & pay laterFree cancellation
Start time: Check availability
Live guide: German, Portuguese, English
What's not included
- Bottled water
- Hotel/port pickup and drop-off
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan with free wi-fi on board.
- Offer of a COVID-19 kit (masks and disinfection gel).
- Guaranteed to skip the lines
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Entry/Admission - University of Coimbra
- Departure details
- Traveler pickup is offered.
- Lisboa Airport, Alameda das Comunidades Portuguesas, Lisbon 1700-111 Portugal
- Passenger Terminal Santa Apólonia, Av. Infante Dom Henrique Armazém B, Loja 8, 1900-264 Lisboa, Portugal
- Hotel pickup is offered. View the hotel list on our checkout page to see if yours is included among the pickup points.
If you have questions about accessibility, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 19824P14
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- At time of booking, Cruise ship passengers must provide the following information at time of booking: ship name, docking time, disembarkation time and re-boarding time
- Collapsible wheelchairs with removable wheels can be accommodated providing the passenger is accompanied by someone who can assist them board and disembark
- Minimum age is 10 years
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- Which attractions will I visit with Coimbra University World Heritage and Fatima?
- During this experience, places you will visit include:Discover and book Coimbra University World Heritage and Fatima on Tripadvisor
- How much is Coimbra University World Heritage and Fatima?
- Coimbra University World Heritage and Fatima price starts from $733.91. Discover and book Coimbra University World Heritage and Fatima on Tripadvisor
- What is the Coimbra University World Heritage and Fatima cancellation policy?
- Coimbra University World Heritage and Fatima cancellation policy: For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Discover and book Coimbra University World Heritage and Fatima on Tripadvisor
- Which company provides Coimbra University World Heritage and Fatima?
- Coimbra University World Heritage and Fatima is hosted by AJSA Tours. Read reviews, discover additonal experiences or contact AJSA Tours on Tripadvisor. Discover and book Coimbra University World Heritage and Fatima on Tripadvisor
- If you have questions about this tour or need help making your booking, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 19824P14
Reserve your spot
- You'll get picked upSee departure details
- 1University of CoimbraStop: 90 minutes - Admission excludedSee details
- 2FatimaStop: 2 hoursSee details
- 3CoimbraStop: 60 minutesSee details
- You'll return to the starting point
About the operator
#269 of 1,603 Tours & Activities in Lisbon
- Brian M00Walking tourTake the walking tour of the historic evora from the tourist office in giraldo Square Our very knowledgeable guide was outstanding. Great introduction to this amazing little city and only 15 euro
- phxexplorer00Best guide we have ever usedWhile the title seems to say it all, to put it into context, we have been traveling for 30 years and always arrange for our own guides even if we are on a cruise. Not only did Paulo have a tremendous depth of knowledge about both the past and present of Portugal, he had the ability to tell the story in a concise and relevant manner that was engrossing. There were a number times during our day with Paulo when we would say to ourselves, "This is the best guide that we have ever had"! And indeed he was.
- Susan S00Boxing Day guided day tripCollected from our hotel in the downtown area of Lisbon - our tour guide arrived promptly and whisked us away in his luxury car. We toured for the day visiting Sintra, Mafra, Obidos and Penich. Loved every minute. We spent the day learning about the ancient history of Portugal - fascinating.
- Susan S00Best Boxing Day everMy son and I pre-booked this day tour for our Boxing Day treat whilst staying in Lisbon. Paulo arrived spot on time at our hotel and off we went in our luxury chauffeur driven car. The places we visited are packed full of history - who knew Portugal had such rich treasures. Our tour guide for the day is a virtual encyclopedia of wondrous information. Thanks Paulo you made our guided tour very special. I learned more in one day about Portugal's Kings, Queens, monuments, castles, medieval walled cities, crops, crime, wine and so much more. I must say one of my favourite stops was at the Obidos shop where you are served the traditional Cherry liquor in a chocolate cup. But wait - you even get a choice of white chocolate or dark chocolate flavoured cup. Delicious and very warming on such a cold day. Visit the house made famous by Lord Byron or just look out to sea at the amazing rock formations along this rugged coast. All is carefully thought out and planned for a wonderful day trip. If you want to beat the crowds this is the only way to do it
- sues3357002 day tour of AlgarveWe have just completed a 2 day tour of the Algarve with Paolo Coelho and with Antonio as our driver. We had a fabulous time and saw things we would never have found on our own. Paulo’s knowledge of and passion for his country made the trip for us. We learned so much of the history and nature of Portugal and had lots of fun along the way, including a delightful small train trip to a beautiful beach. Everything went smoothly and was well organised. Thanks so much Paulo, we cannot recommend you highly enough. Thank you Antonio, your presence was a bonus. We enjoyed your company immensely. It was a delight to meet you! Obrigada Sue & Paul Stanley
- LourdesG00AJSA ToursA group of 12 of us were on a one day tour of Lisbon with Paulo Coelho. He was ready to pick us up at the pier, with a very comfortable mini bus that accommodated our group comfortably. We had already agreed what we wanted visit in advance, and although we wanted to see the inside on the Pena Palace in Sintra, he had warned us ahead of time that the line to go inside would be too long. He was right. We skipped the inside but had plenty of time to wonder throught the outside of this magical castle. He took us to Estoril and Cascais which were abdolutely beautiful. Also, we visited Dos Jeronimos Monastery and had plenty of time to eat pasteis de nata. Paulo was courteous, affable and knowledgeable. Our visit to Lisbon and his expertise were a highlight in our trip. We booked him through Viator for the best price and promptness of his response. I would recommend his services without a doubt. Obrigado, Paulo!
- Kathleen Dowd B00Great way to see LisbonWe were in Lisbon for a short time & wanted to get an overview of the city & main attractions. Paulo Coelho of AJSA Tours was the perfect answer. He highlighted the city's main tourist sites & gave an excellent history of each place. In addition he took us to some lesser known sites such as the City of the Dead & a beautiful outdoor park. He toured us in a Mercedes van with plenty of water for all of us. His English is excellent & he provided a us with a great afternoon. Would definitely recommend using him as a Lisbon guide.
- JustLoveToFly00Excellent Private City TourWent with Paulo on the city tour of Lisbon including Albama and Belem. Paulo is a knowledgeable guide. The driver Antonio is also good. Overall, an excellent tour.
- diddy-it00An excellent way to learn about and enjoy PortugalPaolo gave us an enthusiastic, heartfelt tour of Portugal. A great way to see more and learn more. He gave us a custom tour that suited our needs perfectly, and he seemed to enjoy the tour as well. We have 3 smallish children and they enjoyed the tour (and van with swivel chairs) too. I highly recommend this tour company and we will likely use again the next time we are in Portugal.
- rnish00Personlized TourPaulo was excellent in all aspects. He customized our tour to our needs and wants. Made great suggestions on places to visit and dine, helped us avoid crowds, gave us some freedom and time to explore on our own. He also was very helpful and caring when one of our party had some physical problems. Very knowledgeable and excellent English.
- Deathgirl00The perfect way to see more of PortugalPaulo was an extremely wonderful guide. We altered our 9 hour tour a bit and seen all the wonderful places outside of Lisbon including Fatima, Nazaré, the Batalha Monastery, and Óbidos. Our guide was well versed in his knowledge of the places we went and even went out of his way to help us find local items we were in search of. Óbidos was by far my favorite little place in Portugal.
- GWarner9411006 hr tour of top sightsFirst time with tours by locals, this was excellent and informative. Paulo Coelho was our guide with five adults. He did an excellent job taking us to several areas and his personal narrative and reflections on Portugese society was well beyond what group or self tours could relate. We were lucky to start when we did, particularly the Cristo re statue (9am) and missed much traffic. He also is a certified tour guide which helps at certain locatons.
- Manny N00Incredible guide, amazing human being!!!!!There are two stories in this review. One is of Paulo the tour guide. The other is of Paulo the person. As I read other reviews about Paulo, I was reminded of my own experience. Paulo is, by far, the most professional, knowledgeable and effective tour guide with whom I have had the privilege to work. The communication was clear from the beginning. He was right on time at our hotel to pick us up for the tour. Before we even step into his van, he made sure to know our expectations and what we wanted to do. He also suggested changes to the schedule that made a huge difference in our 8 hours tour. On our way back to the city, he start suggesting places for us to visit and eat. As a person, wow, what a human being. He is kind, so spoken and sensitive. He is also a big fan of the Sporting Clube de Portugal. Do not talk trash about the team ;)))). Overall, I will recommend Paulo to all my friends. One thing that we learned during our tour is that Paulo does tours all over Portugal and Galicia. So, perhaps he may be a great person to talk to set up private, individualized tours.
- Sharon04Newton00Highlight of our trip! Great Guide.Our family of 4 (2 adult sons 24 and 27) had Paulo Coelho as a guide to Sintra, Cabo da Roca, Cascais for an 8 hour tour. Paulo is so knowledgeable about the sites, the history, the environment and current and past Portugal. It was an absolutely wonderful day and he was a pleasure. We saw and enjoyed sites we never would have found driving on our own. We all agreed our tour was great and then booked him to tour Mafra, Obidos and Peniche. It was another amazing day. I cannot recommend Paulo highly enough. These 2 days were the best of our trip. Great memories!
- Suzanne F00WonderfulWe spent two days with Paulo and enjoyed every minute. Communication prior to our arrival was excellent and he made sure to customize our touring to meet our specific interests. All recommendations for hotel and restaurants were perfect. Would not hesitate to contact Paulo again should our travels bring us back to Lisbon.
Detailed Reviews: Reviews order informed by descriptiveness of user-identified themes such as cleanliness, atmosphere, general tips and location information.
We visited this historical site as part of a guided day tour. It is very impressive., especially the medieval library. The gift whole is vey nice and supports the students. I’d recommend including this as part of a larger day trip.
Written January 18, 2023
This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews as part of our industry-leading trust & safety standards. Read our transparency report to learn more.
Buy it with
Coimbra University World Heritage and Fatima provided by AJSA Tours
Product Overview: Coimbra University World Heritage and Fatima
Number of Reviews
Number of Photos