per adult (price varies by group size)
per adult (price varies by group size)
Lowest price guaranteeReserve now & pay laterFree cancellation
Duration: 8–9 hours
Start time: Check availability
Portuguese, English, Italian, French, Spanish
What's not included
- Bottled water
- Free Wi-Fi
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transport by private vehicle
- Entry/Admission - National Palace of Queluz
- Entry/Admission - Palácio Nacional de Mafra
- Entry/Admission - Palácio Nacional da Ajuda
- Departure details
- Traveler pickup is offered.
- Please enter your pickup address for our offered pickup and drop-off.
- Lisboa Airport, Alameda das Comunidades Portuguesas, Lisbon 1700-111 Portugal
- Lisbon Cruise Port
- Hotel pickup is offered. View the hotel list on our checkout page to see if yours is included among the pickup points.
- Returns to original departure point
If you have questions about accessibility, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 71457P10
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infant seats available
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- What you can expect during your visit
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Temperature checks for tour participants upon arrival
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Contactless payment for gratuities and add-ons
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Safety precautions are provided by the property and are not checked by Tripadvisor for accuracy.
- Which attractions will I visit with Palaces of Portugal Private Tour?
- During this experience, places you will visit include:Discover and book Palaces of Portugal Private Tour on Tripadvisor
- How much is Palaces of Portugal Private Tour?
- Palaces of Portugal Private Tour price starts from $165.58. Discover and book Palaces of Portugal Private Tour on Tripadvisor
- What is the Palaces of Portugal Private Tour cancellation policy?
- Palaces of Portugal Private Tour cancellation policy: For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Discover and book Palaces of Portugal Private Tour on Tripadvisor
- Which company provides Palaces of Portugal Private Tour?
- Palaces of Portugal Private Tour is hosted by SWINGO by Avenidas. Read reviews, discover additonal experiences or contact SWINGO by Avenidas on Tripadvisor. Discover and book Palaces of Portugal Private Tour on Tripadvisor
- If you have questions about this tour or need help making your booking, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 71457P10
Reserve your spot
- You'll get picked upSee departure details
- 1National Palace of QueluzStop: 3 hours - Admission includedSee details
- 2Palacio Nacional de MafraStop: 3 hours - Admission includedSee details
- 3Palacio Nacional da AjudaStop: 3 hours - Admission includedSee details
- You'll return to the starting point
About the operator
SWINGO by Avenidas
Joined in August 2019
#173 of 1,424 Tours & Activities in Lisbon
- Cody105100Perfect tour of Sintra with JoseVery enjoyable tour in every respect. Jose is a perfect guide: knowledgeable , low-key and flexible. Very willing to do the tour at our pace in a relaxed manner.
- joepK8935DV00Highly recommend this tourWhen visiting Lisbon an excursion to Sintra is a must. Our tour guide, Mr. Rui had expert knowledge of all aspects of the tour and took extra care to answer our questions and showcase the history of Lisbon and Portugal. He also provide good recommendations on food and beverage. The vehicle was comfortable and Mr. Rui was well prepared with water and umbrella and anything we needed to make our tour very enjoyable.
- ilovegreecetoronto00Lisbon tour wonderfulFrancisco our driver was AWESOME! We saw so many sites in a short time - all customized by us. We would not want to drive in this city or try to park. Francisco explained the sites to us and gave us time to get out, take photos and walk around. I wish we had booked him for longer.
- jing2ho00Day trip to FatimaThe Fatima trip was fantastic! Mr. Rui is the best driver and tour guide. He gave us the history of all the landmarks we passed by on the way to the Fatima. We had a lot of free time to check out the place.
- Travel76316000More Guidance needed at GardensWe were dropped off at a location and not guided through the property. We found another guide there and were invited to join the group. We ended up paying money as a tip as a thank you. It was disappointing that we needed to do that. On the other hand, our guide was helpful when it rained and improved as the day continued.
- B769BPnathanm00Great service and experience!Rui was our travel guide, and I have to say, he was was the best tour guide we ever had. Very knowledgeable, with a background in history, was very friendly and had the local knowledge to lead us around the city and attractions like Sintra that were very difficult to navigate through without his help. He had recommended the best places to shop and eat and knew even the best times to go around which made the tours go more smoothly. I highly recommend Rui if you have a party of 4-6. He has a very comfortable new car and provided waters for the all day car tour. Great service, very friendly, and most of all great entertaining and comical personality that made the historic tour interesting and fun.
- Connie T00Best guide everExtremely knowledgeable and informed guide Galad Shamar. He was fun, friendly snd very helpful getting around the difficult terrain.
- 868franklin00Not what we expectedDon’t pay the 50 Euro up-charge for “avoid the line” tickets. We visited two places that required tickets. There were no lines and the tickets cost 19 Euro total for our group. Guide also told us the moor castle was closed to the public so we did not visit. Virtually everyone we spoke to after the tour said it was open to the public. Is it open or closed to the public? Who knows?
- MJA67600Tour by RUI rocked!Our guide Rui. He made the day and all the touring sights interesting and fun. His sense of humor was welcomed and his historical knowledge of all things Portugal was unbelievable. We lucked out! Thank you Rui!
- Junglegold800Wonderful Experience with AvenidasWe used Avenidas in Portugal for two purposes, 1) To take us one a day trip out into the Portuguese countryside and 2) to pick us up from our apartment very early in the morning and take us to the airport. I would rate both of these experiences 5 star. First on the day trip, I had planned a trip to two wineries and lunch at Obidos between the two visits. Carla was excellent and I would definitely travel with her again! She was polite, caring, knowledgeable, punctual, and a safe driver. She also acted as a translator for us, making our introductions when we arrived at each winery. She transported us to our desired locations and then let us explore and experience on our own, which is exactly what we asked for. On the apartment pick up, our driver came exactly one time at 5:45AM and took us six and all our bags to the airport in good order. We were happy to have such good service meet us exactly as anticipated. I was very pleased with the communication and professionalism at all times.
- 916kaseym00Don’t think about it, just do this excursion. You won’t regret it.Honestly couldn’t have asked for a better tour. We only had one day to spend in Lisbon and this was the perfect way to spend it. If able ask for Gilad! He was our tour guide and couldn’t have been more knowledgeable and made for the perfect experience with me and my wife. This is an excursion that we will be talking about for a lifetime.
- GeoffreyC108800A great way to see SintraDiogo was a fantastic guide. His knowledge of the history of Portugal and the sites is amazing. He was able to tell us about events and link each of the sites together with his knowledge. He made us feel very welcome and his lunch recommendation was great. He went out of his way to accommodate us.Well worth the day.
- V8362JTleahm00Grateful touristsOur tour guide was really fabulous! She was able to get us to the most populated tourist areas without any stress from long queues and unnecessary waiting. She knew everyone in the local areas who were all happy to help her get the best seats, best views, and closest parking. She is also a great photographer, so one need not rely on ugly selfies. Her warm sincere nature made us feel less of a tourist but more like friends just hanging out. She made our trip of Lisbon memorable!
- Quest2225869261700Perfect tour, perfect tour guide, amazing experiencePleasant experience from the booking process to the actual tour. Ricardo was our tour guide. He was simply perfect and very knowledgeable. His recommendations were just what we needed. We saw the most beautiful views of Lisboa. Our tour guide was on time and the car was clean and spacious. I highly recommend this private tour from this company and I highly recommend Ricardo.
- Srav200100Fantastic Day trip to historic Sintra with a wonderful guide (Diogo)We were a family group of 5 adults and 2 young boys (5 & 7) on a week long trip to Portugal. This day trip was one of the highlights of our visit - thanks to the beautiful places we saw (Queluz Palace, Sintra, Cabo de Rocca) and our wonderful guide, Diogo. In Sintra we saw Pena Palace and Quinta de Regaleira - the kids had a lot of fun especially at quirky Quinta. Diogo gave us on of the best tour experiences I can remember in 20+ years of traveling. His driving was professional, knowledge of history flawless and commentary very informative and engaging at the same time. Having grown up in England in his early years, his English was flawless and he also recommended and dropped us off at a good restaurant for dinner. Thank you, Diogo.
More to explore in Lisbon
Detailed Reviews: Reviews order informed by descriptiveness of user-identified themes such as cleanliness, atmosphere, general tips and location information.
Feb 2020 • Friends
The moment we were picked up at our hotel the history tour started. Miguel was amazing and so passionate about his culture. He listened and gave us exactly what we asked for. The palaces we visited were incredible and Miguel gave us interesting and specific details for each site visited. He took us to a fabulously amazing place for lunch that only locals would know about. I can not say enough about this tour. BOOK IT ! Ask for Miguel. You will not be disappointed.
Written February 9, 2020
This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews as part of our industry-leading trust & safety standards. Read our transparency report to learn more.
Thank you for your kind words Jerandrod. We're glad you liked the tour, even more so that you enjoyed the palaces and Miguel's company as much as you did! Hope to see you soon! Here for you
Written February 12, 2020
This response is the subjective opinion of the management representative and not of Tripadvisor LLC.
HOla, estoy pensado en contratar el tour Recorrido de día completo por Sintra para grupos pequeños para 4 personas en agosto. Es posible poner en puntos de recogida, la dirección de un hotel que tenga cerca del piso en el que voy a estar alquilada?
Buy it with
Palaces of Portugal Private Tour provided by SWINGO by Avenidas
Product Overview: Palaces of Portugal Private Tour
|Number of Reviews||1|
|Number of Photos||3|