Do not miss this tour in one of the most fantastic wine regions in Portugal! Set out to explore the five senses! Discover the river, the mountains, the palaces, the smell of the vineyards that originate first-class nectars that enrich the Portuguese culture so much.
per adult (price varies by group size)
Lowest price guaranteeReserve now & pay laterFree cancellation
Start time: Check availability
Live guide: English
What's not included
- Bottled water
- Wine tasting
- Hotel/port pickup and drop-off
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Guide inside monuments
- Departure details
- Traveler pickup is offered.
- Lisbon, Lisbon, Lisbon District, Central Portugal
- Lisboa Airport, Alameda das Comunidades Portuguesas, Lisbon 1700-111 Portugal
- Hotel pickup is offered. View the hotel list on our checkout page to see if yours is included among the pickup points.
- Returns to original departure point
If you have questions about accessibility, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 7776P48
- Infant seats available
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Minimum age is 18 years
- Minimum drinking age is 18 years
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- A maximum of 8 people per booking
- Most travelers can participate
- Vehicles: Our vehicles are cleaned and disinfected before each service and at the end of the day, daily, with the appropriate products in accordance with the cleaning protocol covid-19.
- Driver/Guide: The driver complies with the rules of cleanliness and hygiene. The driver will wear a mask and must maintain the necessary distance according to the protocol. The health conditions of the driver will be assessed frequently.
- Protection: In our vehicles, alcohol gel and face masks will always be available free of charge, if customers need it. The driver will advise the use of a mask and hand cleaning with mandatory alcohol gel after all stops, before re-entering the vehicle.
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- How much is Arrábida culture, wine and gastronomic experience?
- Arrábida culture, wine and gastronomic experience price starts from $175.48. Discover and book Arrábida culture, wine and gastronomic experience on Tripadvisor
- What is the Arrábida culture, wine and gastronomic experience cancellation policy?
- Arrábida culture, wine and gastronomic experience cancellation policy: For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Discover and book Arrábida culture, wine and gastronomic experience on Tripadvisor
- Which company provides Arrábida culture, wine and gastronomic experience?
- Arrábida culture, wine and gastronomic experience is hosted by Lisbon on Wheels. Read reviews, discover additonal experiences or contact Lisbon on Wheels on Tripadvisor. Discover and book Arrábida culture, wine and gastronomic experience on Tripadvisor
- If you have questions about this tour or need help making your booking, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 7776P48
Reserve your spot
- You'll start atLisbonOr, you can also get picked upSee departure details
- 1SetubalStop: 60 minutesSee details
- 2PalmelaStop: 60 minutesSee details
- 3AzeitaoStop: 60 minutesSee details
- 4AzeitaoStop: 60 minutesSee details
- 5Portinho da ArrabidaStop: 30 minutesSee details
- 6AzeitaoStop: 60 minutesSee details
- You'll return to the starting point
About the operator
Lisbon on Wheels
Joined in December 2014
#92 of 1,604 Tours & Activities in Lisbon
- L6189DNdennisl00Highly tailored trip with fantastic guide!Fantastic trip! Jose did a fantastic job listening to our wishes, needs and flexibilities to tailor the trip to our situation. He has a thorough knowledge of history, politics and culture and provided many great tips that optimized our time in Sintra and the area. Safe driver, courteous and patient, with absolutely no rushing or watching the clock. Highly recommended!
- 897harrisc00Cool tour with a great guideJosé was a very knowledgable guide with a quick wit! Drove us to a few other nice spots that was not on the list and we thoroughly enjoyed it. Also gave us some history information about the tour of the National Palace of Pena ( but we had to pay extra to get into the palace)
- rapidry100000Crowded and Extremely Warm Weather Sintra in OctoberOur driver, Francisco Sequiera was a personable proud representative of his country, Portugal. He was exremely informative of the current affairs of his country and the issues confronting Portugal especially on immigration issues and the economy. It provided us a good understanding of Portugal as first time visitors to the country. Francisco was hired to drive us to Sintra for the day and make our time outside of Lisbon very insightful. Love the breathtaking views. He did managed to navigate the winding and very hilly and narrow roads to make our visit as easy as possible. The crowds in Sintra really overwhelmed the town and sometimes made our time in Sintra difficult and annoying coupled with the very warm weather.
- Felipez900Great experienceJosé was a great guide. He was able to personalize our trip the way we requested and was very friendly. Highly recommend.
- Stephanie S00Excellent TourOur guide Jose was wonderful. We had such a great time and he really took the time to show us all the places we wanted to see. He educated us on all of the history of the city but made it fun at the same time. I would definitely recommend.
- megt67800Don’t hesitate!! Do it!!I can’t even begin to describe what an amazing experience we had. Worth every penny and then some. Jose is incredibly kind and deeply knowledgeable about the history of Portugal and Sintra. He is the kind of guide that makes history relatable (in fact, someone on another tour asked me for his contact info on the sly because she was so impressed.) Not to mention that having someone who can tell you where to go and what to see and drive you to the front and drop you off makes the whole experience so much easier. Jose stayed well beyond our trip’s original end time to make sure we got to see every part of Sintra on our list. We will absolutely be doing a tour with him the next time we are in Portugal!
- Alane S00Superior Private Tours with Jose RibeiroJose Ribeiro is absolutely the best guide I have had in all my travels around the world! My friend and I had the pleasure to have Jose show us Lisbon and the surrounding areas for two full days on private tours. Jose showed us all the breathtaking sites he could in the two days. He allowed us all the time we desired to enjoy the locales in a leisurely manner. Words cannot express the joy my friend and I experienced as a result of Jose’s vast knowledge and friendly demeanor.
- Discover0681032873200Excellent tripExcellent, relaxed trip covering lots of ground and numerous interesting sights. Francesco was a really good, laid back guide with impeccable English who didnt rush or hurry us along but happily adjusted to our whims.
- anndE3759PI00An amazing day in SintraOur guide Jose was exceptional. He was extremely knowledgeable and very personable. He made sure we were comfortable and made it a perfect, amazing experience. Highly recommend!
- lfeng9900Amazingly personalized trip - highly recommend!Day trip to Sintra Our guide, Jose, was prompt and took us to his car which was parked nearby. The car was clean and had plenty of room for our party of 4. I really appreciated that he was able to adjust our itinerary after checking with us on our interests, taking into account the weather. Spending the day with Jose was such a treat! He is such a dynamic and personable guide, going out of his way to engage us with descriptions of the places we visited. So many interesting facts and stories about the history, architecture and culture. He was more than a guide, it was like he was a friend by the end of the day! For lunch, he drove us to a nearby town for an amazing and relaxing meal by the ocean! The drive took us to beautiful areas that we would never have seen on a bus tour. We would highly recommend Jose for a personalized tailored experience above and beyond - it was like having a knowledgeable friend along, bringing the region to life!
- Curious4112313504900Outstanding and caring service. 5+Jose Ribeiri was an outstanding guide and driver who far exceeded our expectations in our Tour to Fatima and Batalha. Since we gad already visited Obidos ( a few days eatliee) we ppted to skip this portion of the tour. Fatima was very nice with the new and old Basilicas, the statues of S John Paul II and Pius VI, as well as the Berlin Wall portion. All explained to us. There was time for silent meditation at the Chapel and souvenir shopping. Jose reviewed tge history of Fatima and its protagonists, Jaconta, Francisco, and Lucía. He is native English speaker and also fluent in Spanish.
- Ann J00If you want a ridiculously AWESOME tour guide to Sintra request Jose.This was a once in a lifetime experience made possible by José our tour guide. Our group of 4 had a full itinerary planned in Sintra. However it was thwarted by an intense rainstorm beginning early in the morning. This made traffic difficult. José immediately found an alternate route and adjusted the schedule to not only allow us to see the monuments we had scheduled but added additional unscheduled stops. He was very flexible and accommodating. We enjoyed a delicious lunch with Josè as well. He was an exceptional guide, navigator, historian and host. We highly recommend Josè as a tour guide if you are lucky enough to get him! Thank you for an incredible tour Josè!!
- Rachel D00Must do!!Excellent small group tour. Our guide was superb. He tailored the tour to things we wanted to see and do. I highly recommend this tour with this guide. He is very knowledgeable and a terrific host.
- andrewrO2701QG00Sintra in the sunWe had a great day! Jose was an excellent guide, knowledgable, personable, helpful & knew the best places
- Fearless2571989695900Best time of our life across the continent :)Jose, our tour guide, is so experienced in what he does that made our time used efficiently, fun, profound, and a fantastic learning experienced. We took pictures, we enjoyed the scenery, we enjoyed our lunch and wine testing, thanks to Jose. Jose, Shawn talks to our family and friends about you all the time. Thank you!
Detailed Reviews: Reviews order informed by descriptiveness of user-identified themes such as cleanliness, atmosphere, general tips and location information.
Sep 2022 • Friends
We had a wonderful day with our tour guide Jose. We saw the many sites in the nature park and spent time at two beautiful beaches. The wine tasting was excellent and our lunch was also delicious and it provided us with a buffet of traditional dishes.
Written September 13, 2022
This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews as part of our industry-leading trust & safety standards. Read our transparency report to learn more.
*Likely to sell out: Based on Viator’s booking data and information from the provider from the past 30 days, it seems likely this experience will sell out through Viator, a Tripadvisor company.
Buy it with
Arrábida culture, wine and gastronomic experience provided by Lisbon on Wheels
Product Overview: Arrábida culture, wine and gastronomic experience
Number of Reviews
Number of Photos