Enjoy a 3 hour experience in a Hawaiian canoe.
Start time: Check availability
Live guide: Portuguese, English, Spanish
What's not included
- Hotel pickup and drop-off in Angra do Heroísmo
- Food and drinks
- Departure details
- Location Name: Pick up in your hotel is included. Departure from our office located in Terceira Mar Hotel
- Terceira, Terceira, Azores
- Returns to original departure point
If you have questions about accessibility, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 65953P14
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- If you have questions about this tour or need help making your booking, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 65953P14
About the operator
Joined in June 2016
#4 of 19 Boat Tours & Water Sports in Angra do Heroísmo
- Passenger79213900Full service tour guide!We wanted to do a walking tour of Angro to orient ourselves but could not find a slot until our last full day on the island. But even though we'd already gone around a lot by ourselves, Andre was a great guide who helped us understand a lot more about the geography and history of the island and the town. Better still, we ended up having a private tour with him (priceless!) so he kind of tailored things and answered all our questions. He's super personable, his English is great, and he's actually a marine biologist so even though we were on land, he told us a lot about the marine life. Great guy. Highly recommend! Also, so we did not have to scale a steep hill, he had a colleague drop us at the highest point of the tour and walk down from there. Great idea since it was hot. And then gave us some great recommendations for ice cream and dinner later. Full service tour guide.
- 493richardj00Volcano tour is a treatThis tour gives you a snapshot of visiting 3 different venues of past volcanic activity. Our guide Andre did a great job in explaining the history of the formation of the Azores.
- 493richardj00The beauty of Terceira IslandThe beauty of Terceira Island is awe inspiring. Thanks to Andre for showing us the impressive sights. A must do when visiting Terceira.
- 493richardj00Walking history of Angra do HeroismoThe walking tour gave us a snapshot of the history of Angra do Heroismo. Very informative. Kudos to our guide Andre.
- Judy K00Go on tours with AndreWe were provided a ride transfer from Terceira Mar Hotel to the airport by Sea Adventures. Andre, our van driver was 5 minutes early, very prompt and professional. Andre was a great safe driver, and he spoke good things about Terceira. My husband and I have been to Terceira a few times, but we have avoided coming when street bull events/ festival is on. But Andre spoke convincingly about the fun facts of the street bulls including the June festivities. And now we gave to come back during June to experience what he told us. Andre is also a tour guide for Sea Adventures for many years. I just wish we were able to go on some tours with him. He expressed in one way or the other his love / devotion/ knowledge of his birthplace.
- aviva627800A Great experienceIt was very cool to be inside a volcano and beautiful. The experience not something you can do in other places. It was safe, and educational.
- L156GSmaryc00Amazing Tour - Do it!!!The tour was amazing!!! André was an incresible guide! Would recommend the tour to anyone, it was very much one of the highlights of our trip!
- NDMtraveller00Wonderful Tour!We had a great tour with Andre! Personable and knowledgeable, Andre shared his passion and depth of knowledge of all things Terceira and Azores, not just geology, but flora, fauna, history, culture and more. We learned so much from Andre and had fun at the same time. Highly recommended!
- D7156CPmartinb00Island experienceAndres our guide is the best. Personable, knowledgeable and very proud of his island. I would highly recommend going on any tour with him and Sea Adventuresi
- Volker H00Do it!Stunning sights and the very knowledgeable and friendly guide (Paul) made this trip a wonderful experience. Definitely worth it.
- schaee202300Volcano tourWe had a very good tour guide. He taught us a lot about the different Islands. We really recommend booking a tour with Sea Adventures.
- Pioneer27213100Andre is the best!My friend and I took the Sea Advenetures Volcanic Experience tour with Andre as our guide and OMG! Once in a life-time memories! Andre was personable and engaging; he went out of his way to make sure we had a memoriable tour. Plus he was knowlledgable about all aspects of the lava tube and volcano itself. I highly recommend this tour and this guide ---
- Lisa W003 amazing and stunning locations, well worth visiting.3 amazing and stunning locations, well worth visiting. The guide was lovely and was knowledgeable about plants but wasn’t quite as knowledgeable about what we were seeing in the volcano as I’d have liked and she didn’t come very far down with us into the main volcano, so I wished I’d had the audio guide and headphones that other visitors had. It was all so impressive and fascinating I definitely left wanting to know more. The final stop to a cheese place/shopping opportunity was a bit of an odd end to an impressive trip - I think rather than this being a “surprise” it would be best to check if visitors actually want to do this - we didn’t - and I’d have much preferred an ice cream than cheese!
- VictoryV2300Fantastic family SUP experienceEduardo and Andre were fantastic hosts for this 3 hour experience. We had never done SUP before and they took our family of 3 (14 yr old daughter) and made it so much fun. I didn't expect we would all be confidently managing it on the Ocean but we were!
- Laura T00Not So Food FocusedA decent tour of the island that did include some food, but it was not the food-focused tour I imagined and that I have been on in other places. about half the stops included some kind of taste. maybe 5 of 10 stops. Our guide was pleasant and knowledgeable, not overly friendly, but did tailor the tour a bit to the fact that everyone on the tour had been on other tours of the island. I think if our expectations were different the rating would have been higher.