per adult (price varies by group size)
per adult (price varies by group size)
Lowest price guaranteeReserve now & pay laterFree cancellation
Start time: Check availability
Portuguese, English, Spanish
- Tickets to entrance in a one of the two turistic atractions - Gruta das Torres or casa dos vulcões.
- Regional Lunch
- Photo of the tour
- Child car seat
- Pick up / Drop off
- Departure details
- João Quaresma Maritime Ferry Terminal, rua dona Maria da Glória Duarte, do 9950-340, Madalena, Portugal
- Returns to original departure point
If you have questions about accessibility, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 150568P10
- Infant seats available
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Stroller accessible
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- How much is Private Route?
- Private Route price starts from $241.97. Discover and book Private Route on Tripadvisor
- What is the Private Route cancellation policy?
- Private Route cancellation policy: For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Discover and book Private Route on Tripadvisor
- Which company provides Private Route?
- How much time do I need for Private Route?
- On average, this experience will take approximately 8h. Discover and book Private Route on Tripadvisor
- If you have questions about this tour or need help making your booking, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 150568P10
- You'll start atJoão Quaresma Maritime Ferry Terminalrua dona Maria da Glória Duarte, do 9950-340, Madalena, PortugalSee address & details
- 1Lagoa do CapitaoStop: 30 minutesSee details
- 2Pico IslandStop: 8 hoursSee details
- You'll return to the starting point
About the operator
This experience only has a few reviews, but you can read what other travelers have to say about the operator.
Fantastic tour! We so enjoyed spending the day with Filipe and learned a lot about Pico. Not only was Filipe very k…
Excellent tour, and special thanks to Dylan, our tour guide. I cannot recommend Terralta Tours enough, for both the…
Highlight of our entire trip!
Hands down the best tour we’ve ever been on!! If you’re going to see Pico, you have to experience it with Felipe.…
Strongly recommend this tour
Philip was very knowledgeable and friendly and we had an awesome day in our 1 day trip to Pico Island. We had a win…
Wonderful day on Pico Island
The entire day was superb! I recommend this tour for anyone visiting Pico Island. Philip was an excellent guide -ve…
We had a FABULOUS tour with Filipe (who I called Philip all day☺️) We were shown all parts of the island full of ex…
We had an awesome time with Philipe. The wine tour was amazing. We started at a local distillery with very good bra…
Excellent tour with a knowledgeable guide
Felipe took our group on a great tour of the island adding very interesting and fun facts facts about the Pico Isla…
Must-do tour! Amazing and fun tour with a very knowledgeable and friendly guide.
We recently did a wine and food tour with Filipe and we can not recommend it enough! Filipe was extremely knowledge…
The best guide
Filipe was our ultimate guide. We did 2+ days of tours throughout Pico and Faial. I can't recommend it enough to pe…
Philip was a great guide and provided a lot of information about Pico and the Azores. Lot’s of hidden spots we neve…
Great island tour in a small group
We had booked several tours with Filipe. This was our 2nd tour with him. In contrast to last time, which was a priv…
Great tour for those that want more than a simple island overview
We were lucky to get a private tour with Filipe, who did an excellent job explaining all of Pico's wine culture and…
A great way to experience Pico's wines.
Our tour around Pico's vineyards was a highlight of our recent trip to the Azores. Felipe and Henrique were welcomi…
Amazing experience for wine/food lovers!
My husband and I did a wine tour with our guide Filipe and we loved our experience. If you love wine and love to ea…
Detailed Reviews: Reviews order informed by descriptiveness of user-identified themes such as cleanliness, atmosphere, general tips and location information.
May 2022 • Couples
Fantastic personalized tour to introduce us to Pico. Filipe was the perfect guide, taking us through the vineyards, to the natural pools along the coast, to a fantastic lunch of Pico’s finest including cheeses, breads, lapas (in season), octopus, tuna and beef, and of course the wine tasting! Filipe was extremely knowledgeable of the geography, history and flora and was flexible and accommodating to our needs (after a crazy flight in!) Highly recommend!
Written June 5, 2022
This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
Glad to read that the experience exceeded your expectations. Thank you for visiting us and also for your fantastic review!
Written June 9, 2022
This response is the subjective opinion of the management representative and not of Tripadvisor LLC.