Enjoy the serenity of exploring places where time passes slowly and traditional customs survive
Cacela Velha is a very old village built on top of a cliff bordering the Ria Formosa. This is where the Natural Park begins which stretches as far as the Ancão peninsula to the west of Faro. With islands, salt-marshes and beaches, the Ria is a true paradise. We'll visit this tiny village perched on a cliff top looking out over the sea, surrounded by wonderful scenery, a jewel that has remained untouched over centuries. In the main square there is a cistern of mediaeval origin, which is the heart of the village. The fortress was built in 1794 and the Main Church has a Renaissance doorway and a fine collection of religious art. This is the place to see the best sunsets in the Algarve.
And then we get to Castro Marim, one of the oldest towns in the Algarve. The Fort of São Sebastião and the Castle of Castro Marim, each on its own hill, were defended by a system of walls. From their walls can be seen “lands of Spain and sands of Portugal” just like the cry of the look-out on board the caravels which is celebrated in a popular song.
But it forgot to mention the beauty of the marsh and the salt-pans, with the whiteness of Vila Real de Santo António and Ayamonte shining in the distance, between the waters of the Guadiana and the Atlantic.
Find secret places and special moments off the beaten path and discover the Algarve others do not know about!
• The tour is private with your personal driver/guide. There will be no other people joining the tour.
• To keep our tours private and comfortable we limit the groups with 7 people per guide.
• The tour is done by car/minivan. We use cars (up to 4 people) or minivans (5 - 7 people).
• During the tour we will make stops according to the itinerary.
• Tour duration can be shortened upon your request.
• We can also pick you up at diferent locations and hotels. Simply add to your booking an extra transfer.
• Our guides will be happy to help you to buy souvenirs during the tour. It is strictly prohibited for our guides to take any commission from the shops.
• The tour rate includes all taxes, personal/driver with car/minivan, pick-up and drop-off. There are no hidden costs.
• We do not have cancellation fees. We understand that your plans can be changed so we do not charge for cancellations. Please inform us ASAP if you want to cancel the tour.
• Gratuities for your tour guide are not included in tour fares, are payable at your discretion, and are greatly appreciated.
• Pickup Times: We are proud to offer specific pick up times. Please be at your hotel lobby/ pick-up adress at the time noted.