Surprise Tour to the Amsterdam Lake District
By Amsterdam Lake District Tours
Are you ready for a surprise trip? We promise it will be a unique journey where you discover the Netherlands at its best within a small group. But we won't tell you where we're going. Just book and let us surprise you along the way. Meadows, cows, ditches, windmills, dikes, farms, Frisian horses, local villages, a steam pumping station, a local museum, a museum village, UNESCO world heritage, local guides, traditional clothing, a cruise over the lakes… There is so much to see so anything is possible and every tour is different. The only thing you need to do is sit back, relax and enjoy this unique day in which we will surprise you with the best of the area. Do you have any specific wishes? Just send us an e-mail and we will try to make it happen.
Ages 0-107, max of 19 per group
Start time: Check availability
What's not included
- This tour includes a delicious traditional Dutch farmer lunch including coffee, tea, milk and (hot) water
- Experienced driver and guide
- All entree fees
- Local guides at several stops
- Transport by luxurious air conditioned touringcar or mini van
- Exclusive map of the Amsterdam Lake District
- Entry/Admission - Het Friese Museumdorp
- Entry/Admission - Museum Hindeloopen
- Entry/Admission - Makkum
- Entry/Admission - Woudsend
- Entry/Admission - UNESCO World Heritafe Ir. D.F. Woudagemaal
- Entry/Admission - Museum Schokland
- Entry/Admission - Harlinger Aardewerk & Tegelfabriek
- Entry/Admission - Eise Eisinga Planetarium
- Transport from your hotel
- Gratuities (optional)
- Departure details
- This is Holland, Overhoeksplein 51, 1031 KS Amsterdam, Netherlands Take the free ferry from the Amsterdam Central station (to Buikslotermeer) and walk 2 minutes to t "This is Holland". Bring your booking confirmation and check in with your driver or guide. The bus departs at 8.30 AM
- Returns to original departure point
If you have questions about accessibility, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 88330P19
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 19 travelers
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- If you have questions about this tour or need help making your booking, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 88330P19
- You'll start atThis is HollandOverhoeksplein 51, 1031 KS Amsterdam, NetherlandsTake the free ferry from the Amsterdam Central station (to Buikslotermeer) and walk 2 minutes to t "This is Holland". Bring your booking confirmation and check in with your driver or guide. The bus departs at 8.30 AMSee address & details
- 1AfsluitdijkStop: 30 minutesSee details
- 2Het Friese MuseumdorpStop: 45 minutes - Admission includedSee details
- 3Museum HindeloopenStop: 60 minutes - Admission includedSee details
- 4It preamkeStop: 60 minutes - Admission includedSee details
- 5WoudsendStop: 90 minutes - Admission includedSee details
- 6UNESCO World Heritafe Ir. D.F. WoudagemaalStop: 60 minutes - Admission includedSee details
- 7Museum SchoklandStop: 45 minutes - Admission includedSee details
- 8GiethoornStop: 3 hoursSee details
- 9Harlinger Aardewerk & TegelfabriekStop: 60 minutes - Admission includedSee details
- 10Eise Eisinga PlanetariumStop: 60 minutes - Admission includedSee details
- You'll return to the starting point
About the operator
This experience only has a few reviews, but you can read what other travelers have to say about the operator.
What a wonderful day with Amsterdam Lake District Tours! We were a very small group (only three of us!) and one o…
Experience amazing UNESCO sites
Friesland - what do you know about it? Take this tour and you will be able to answer that question. Loved this tour…
Randomly on an internet search I found Lake District tour. I am so glad that happened. We did the one day 5 UNESCO …
Great Small Tour
This was an amazing small group (there were only 3 of us) day tour! Our guide Ynte provided a lot of fascinating hi…
Immerse Yourself in the Dutch Countryside
My daughter and I had the pleasure of the company of Lysanne for the day as we toured through the Lake District of …
Very enjoyable tour with personable and knowledgeable guides. Although the weather was cold and wet, it did not de…
There is more to see in The Netherlands than Amsterdam!
This tour provided us the opportunity to learn some of the history of The Netherlands and Friesland. The small tour…
UNESCO World Heritage VIP Tour
Highly recommend this tour to see and learn about Friesland Netherlands. Very eventful packed day with very informa…
Getting beyond Amsterdam
Spent time staying in and seeing Amsterdam, but this tour takes you beyond to see and understand the bigger picture…
Lorraine from Australia
A small but pretty village ,very friendly landlord.drove us to station. An interesting skaters museum, Hard to get …
Amazing day tour to fall in love with the real Netherlands.
I definitely recommend this tour. I am a Mexican traveler who is always looking for something different than the tr…
Understanding and Appreciating the real Netherlands
Absolutely awesome, this tour will teach you about the Netherlands and its people by taking you to 5 UNESCO sites a…
Highly recommend this company for a memorable day trip experience
This relatively new company has done their homework and is providing an excellent tour experience. We are world tra…
BEST DAY of our trip!
Fascinating! Entertaining! Eye-opening! Unforgettable! We loved every minute. Having taken small group tours o…
100% Enjoyed the tour! 100% will recommend this tour.
Even though we were out all day, and partially in some rain, it was so pleasant and relaxing thanks to Lysanne the …
Detailed Reviews: Reviews order informed by descriptiveness of user-identified themes such as cleanliness, atmosphere, general tips and location information.
Jul 2019 • Family
If you want to get out of Amsterdam for a day and see Historical villages, a UNESCO world heritage site, and more than a few awesome examples of how the Dutch are truly masters of successfully managing the power of wind, water, flood control and land reclamation for farming, then you should go on this tour.
Written July 16, 2019
This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
Thank you for sharing! It was great having you on our tour and we are happy we could learn you more about our Dutch watermanagement. Best regards, Lysanne and the rest of the team
Written July 18, 2019
This response is the subjective opinion of the management representative and not of Tripadvisor LLC.