Lowest price guaranteeReserve now & pay laterFree cancellation
Ages 16-99, max of 5 per group
Duration: 3–7 hours
Start time: Check availability
Live guide: English, French
- Road bike and gear
- Departure details
- Rue des Grottes 22, 1201 Genève, Switzerland Two minutes from the train station.
- Returns to original departure point
If you have questions about accessibility, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 146833P1
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a strong physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 5 travelers
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- How much is Geneva Crown?
- Geneva Crown price starts from $356.08. Discover and book Geneva Crown on Tripadvisor
- What is the Geneva Crown cancellation policy?
- Geneva Crown cancellation policy: For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Discover and book Geneva Crown on Tripadvisor
- Which company provides Geneva Crown?
- How much time do I need for Geneva Crown?
- On average, this experience will take approximately 3h. Discover and book Geneva Crown on Tripadvisor
- If you have questions about this tour or need help making your booking, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 146833P1
Reserve your spot
About the operator
Joined in April 2019
#6 of 58 Outdoor Activities in Geneva
- kathrynpU9732IN00A Dream Come True!We will never forget this experience! For my husband and me, this trip was a dream twelve years in the making, and it lived up to all our expectations! The hotels were quaint and comfortable, the navigation system and the bikes worked perfectly, the views were stunning, the route was pleasant and easy to follow, the luggage transfer was seamless, the food was delicious, and the tour managers were responsive and helpful. Every moment in Switzerland looks like something on a postcard—we could hardly believe it was real! I highly recommend you take a few extra days in Wengen to enjoy the hiking and definitely don't miss Trümmelbach Falls! That's another thing ... the ability to customize your tour is priceless. We unequivocally recommend the Bike Switzerland Challenge tour!
- S4558LYnancyw00FantasticThis was my first solo bike excursion. John klemme was so helpful with all my questions. Had no issues with bike and no falls. A Great way to see Switzerland
- bijou201600Every day is the best day of your lifeIf you're looking for a trip where every day feels like the best day of your life, this is the trip for you! I am a 40 year-old female who was just looking for a cool way to explore Switzerland when I stumbled onto Bike Switzerland. I loved the idea of a leisurely ride across the country and thought the Lite tour sounded like the right fit for me. I am active and consider myself to be pretty fit. I was traveling with another female of the same age and fitness level and we both did well on this level. We did not use e-bikes which made some of the hills challenging, but certainly manageable. We ended up having the time of our lives on this trip. It was so much fun and the organization done by Bike Switzerland made it easy to enjoy without having to think about the logistics! The luggage transfer service was incredibly smooth and the hotels were excellent. One of our favorite things to do was visit the swimming pools in various towns (Morges, La Sarraz, Zofingen, and Romanschorn all had great public pools and there were others we spotted along the route that we didn't stop at) and the thermal bath centers, which in some cases were at the hotel we were staying in (Yverdon, for example) or nearby (Baden, for example). We loved all the hydro-therapy after riding! The towns are all beautiful and we enjoyed spending time in the towns we were staying in or just taking in the flowers in the towns we were just passing through. One major bonus on this route is that water was so easy to come by. The gorgeous public fountains are abundant and mean that you don't have to carry a ton of water with you because there are so many places to fill up when you start to run low. This is a huge factor when you're riding for several hours! We ended up just carrying some sunblock and regular shorts in case our luggage wasn't there yet when we finished (only happened once) and we wanted to get out of our padded shorts. Speaking of padded shorts, if you're a novice rider and don't have padded shorts, get some! They will save your tuchus on this ride! Our contact person was so responsive, checking in along the way, and quickly stepping in to resolve a small issue that arose with our accommodation on day 7. I honestly wished the trip would never end and I'm already considering going back next Summer! I can't recommend this enough - you'd have to be an absolute grump patch to not enjoy this!
- byronoberst00Bike SwitzerlandJohn Klemme was terrific!! He was very responsive to all questions. It mattered to him we have a good experience. Everything about the trip was well organized, explained, & tailored to what type of ride we wanted. We used his bikes, did a ‘bike fit’ with Matt in the shop, & within half hour of riding it felt like my bike back home. Cycling in Switzerland is fabulous. Whether you are new to cycling in Europe or a veteran I would highly recommend cycling in Switzerland & using John Klemme & Bike Switzerland. You will not be disappointed!! I absolutely plan to use him again.
- kgS3054TD00Excellent Alpine TourTwo of us did the Independent Alpine Tour on a tandem for 6 days, which was perfect for us. We could take our time and make side trips from the route. John with Bike Switzerland is very organized and helpful, quickly answered all our preplanning questions and was available via texting while on the trip. The Alpine Tour was challenging with lots of climbing and great views, thrilling descents. Because we were on a tandem, the climbs were well spent in conversation and counting wildflowers! The descents were switchbacks and fast straight runs; the disc brakes were well used. John arranged for wonderful hotels which accommodated the bike in safe locations. Our luggage arrived at the hotels before we did. The dinners and breakfasts kept us going throughout the day. The orientation before the start of the ride was informative, glad we had such expertise to give guidance. We highly recommend Bike Switzerland and plan to do another trip with them again!
- joehH4125VN00Swiss bike challengeThis is the third trip I’ve done with this company. Experience on all three tours was excellent. This year was the challenge tour, which I did solo. Staff were super helpful, bikes in excellent condition. Hotels, food exceeded expectations. Luggage transfers flawless, beat me to the hotel most days. Great routes with lots of riding on small roads and dedicated paths, navigation wourked great. Amazing views and countryside every day, it is Switzerland after all. Highly recommended.
- jonbonrosie00Wonderful ExperienceLast summer my wife and I took the independent "Lite Tour" to celebrate our 40th wedding anniversary. What a great decision that turned out to be! We had been looking for a tour that had the following elements: great hotels, fantastic scenery, more than 6 days of cycling and daily distances in the 50-70 km range. This tour met all of our expectations and more. Each of the hotels was unique in its own way, and most had gorgeous rooms and amenities. Even the stay on the 2nd last day in a monastery was surprising -- the room was large, modern, quiet and "saintly" (each room is named after a Saint). Each breakfast was a meal in itself, and set us up well for the day's journey. A GPS application on our phone (that did not use data) guided us on our way through the Swiss countryside, with no need to be flipping pages of maps or a booklet. Switzerland is such a beautiful country -- spectacular views of picturesque farms, lakes, rolling hills, farm animals and greenery. The days were just right -- we would reach our destination mid-to-late afternoon, and then have time for a swim or exploring the local environment. We also took the option of a "rest day" in the middle of the tour, which was really a hiking day through a beautiful forested area, followed by a gondola ride up to a hotel/farm basically on a mountainside. This was a good change of pace, and perfect for us because we like to walk a lot as well. Since we are in our mid-60s and not "mountain climbers" we were a bit worried about our ability to negotiate some of the hills. However, the route is really through rolling hills and not mountainous areas. Except for a very few spots (no more than 3-5) where we decided to walk our bikes where there were exceptionally steep inclines, we were able to complete the route without any problem. As noted, the scenery was spectacular. Many of the towns we visited had huge public swimming pools, which allowed us to cool off on some of the hotter days. We ate well without spending a fortune, which you can do if you just explore the area around your hotel. The luggage transportation worked flawlessly. The trip starts and ends in a beautiful hotel right near the bike shop in Geneva. The tour leaves you with a real sense of accomplishment -- for biking from one end of Switzerland to the other. This tour is a case of "you get what you pay for" -- and then some.
- mikesV787CZ00Great ride up Seleve!Rented a bike from Bike Switzerland. They were great and got me hooked up. I didn’t bring shoes on trip cause the forecast was crappy but when the sun came out I decided to rent a bike anyway. Was a nice trek. Got a recommendation. For a route to climb the seleve with. It was kind of stressful riding out of the downtown core. Lots of train tracks on funny angles etc. I did the climb out of Coin which it turns out is the hardest way up and includes 4.5 k at 11%. Remind me to not climb in sneakers. My pedals had straps but they wouldn’t tighten so it was a bit of a challenge climbing but great scenery. Stopped at top and had a snack at the restaurant. All and all a great day.
- Steven W00Awesome guide amazing ridesMatt my guide was super friendly and helpful was extremely knowledgeable about the roads best routes culture history food . He helped with my bikes mechanicals offered excellent lodging and dining advice. He is the best guide and a very nice person.
- indij0nes00Cycling around Lac de GenèveHi bikers, I hired a trekking bicycle for five days while staying in Geneva.at the beginning of July 2018. I have to say that it was a great idea of mine to do that as I spent a wonderful time on a bike. John from Bike Switzerland prepared for me a superb good quality bike, it suited my height and my style very well.I sometimes visit Genéve for work and this time I stayed for a week as a tourist and I can recommend to ride a bicycle as it is something different than using a public transportation, a different experience. I enjoyed a "freedom", time did not matter, distance did not matter and car drivers are very tolerant, very biker-friendly, I felt safe in the city and outside the city as well. Swiss drivers are the most tolerant of all countries - thank you for that. I had my Bike Switzerland locked in the hotel courtyard and everyday I would leave the hotel and ride criss-cross the streets of Genéve and outside - Nyon, Rolle, Yvoire (on French side of the lake). Lausanne will be next time :-) I will definitely hire a bike from Bike Switzerland again when I come to Switzerland for my holiday and I strongly recommend this service to other bike lovers, I was very satisfied them. You just contact Bike Switzerland beforehand, you e-mail your request and when you finally come to the shop, your bicycle would wait for you. You agree when you bring the bike back and if it is beyond the working hours of the shop, you can lock the bike in the "parking lot" for bicycle (in a huge metal cage located very well - next to the train station Cornavin). ...and between that you just "fly" on your bike, do not forget to take a swimming suit to have a break for a swim in the lake whenever you feel,Thank you John and your team for a great bicycle and especially for your trust!!! See you next time! Ingrid from Slovakia
- PhilForzley00Bike trip of a lifetimeBike Switzerland completely gets how to put a trip together for foreign travelers, even ones that don't have travel experience. Explicit instructions, hotel reservations and instant recognition at hotel check-in, luggage arriving at hotels before we did, bicycle transport, meals, route maps and navigation technology were flawless. For our Alpine Independent tour we asked for a shortened trip and we were accommodated easily. The bicycling was obviously spectacular, and the routes are well thought out, probably after many years of experience. John and his staff always answered the questions I had before I booked the trip so there were no surprises.
- runner1300Awesome Independent Alpine TourBike Switzerland gets it. We did an independent alpine tour but couldn't do the standard alpine itinerary, so John customized a trip for us. The bike routes were well planned and the GPS units guided us flawlessly. The rental bikes are new or like new and come fully equipped with multiple spare tubes and CO2, and the shop is an easy walk from the Geneva train station. Hotel accommodations were fabulous, our luggage was always at our next destination before we were, and Bike Switzerland had instant recognition at the hotel reception desks. Even details like shipping the bikes back to the Geneva train station at the end of the trip were worked out in advance. This trip can easily be done by inexperienced international travelers because Bike Switzerland has thought of everything in advance.
- charlesrhyne00Disastrous cycle holiday Saved by Bike SwitzerlandHave to thank John, the owner of Bike Switzerland for arranging, such an enjoyable vacation for us. The hotels were a real treat at the end of the day. The bicycles fit well and were adjusted perfectly. Can't wait for our next trip over. So far we have ridden at least 6 tours with them . Independent and with groups. We did have a near disaster that John gallantly helped avert. We had just cycled up a long mountain road in the Jura Mountains where we discover we had accidentally left a fanny pack with one of our passports inside at a restaurant in the village below... We called John who encouraged us to focus on enjoying our trip and he would take over finding our pack. After a restless sleep that night, John had located the pack through multiple phone calls and had made arrangements for it to be on the train to us that morning . Sure enough conveniently, right after breakfast ,we had it safely in our hands again. Can't say how thankful we were. John went the extra mile for us. That's how Bike Switzerland rolls . We have traveled with several international bicycle tour companies. Bike Switzerland is the most consistent. Worth every penny and will provide you the assistance you need for an enjoyable and safe holiday. Thanks John!!!
- bsmembership00Bike Switzerland was wonderful for meAfter completing a Bike Switzerland trip last summer, I am disheartened to read of the recent negative reviews. My experience was wholly positive. The weather happened to be mild (lucky there), the staff very friendly and helpful, and the lodging and food were quite enjoyable. If there is perhaps one point that riders don't full appreciate when considering this tour is that Switzerland is [ in the Alps]. The website clearly spells out each day of riding - the nature of the ride and the numbers. Beautiful photos help one to appreciate what is in store for you. It's all worth it, providing the rider is truly up to this caliber of riding. I relished the riding, but others may prefer milder rides and easy scenery, I grant that. (Bike Switzerland offers milder touring options.) I will also point out that I met my fiance' on this trip, and so I am particularly happy to have chosen Bike Switzerland.
- KnitAndTheCity00Alpine Tour 2016I went on the Alpine tour in 2016. Excellent tour! Great people...beautiful scenery. When I got my bike fitted - it felt super small (my fault, not theirs)! I was pretty worried about riding it. But they had delivered the exact bike I ordered. Anyway - John was willing to bring me a bigger bike on our rest day. Fortunately, we sorted things out on the ride and I didn't need a swap. But I was glad for the offer. All in all - great experience!
Detailed Reviews: Reviews order informed by descriptiveness of user-identified themes such as cleanliness, atmosphere, general tips and location information.
I rented a road Bike from Bike Switzerland and they gave me awesome Trek Madone road bike. Owner and staff was very friendly and helpful. Marc put me in a group ride 68 km from Geneva to Chaumont and back. It was a wonderful experience with the group and awesome guide. Highly recommend this business. I will do the complete tour with them in future.
Written September 17, 2021
This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews as part of our industry-leading trust & safety standards. Read our transparency report to learn more.
Buy it with
Geneva Crown provided by Bike Switzerland
Product Overview: Geneva Crown
Number of Reviews
Number of Photos