Planning a trip to Switzerland? What about visiting Basel? Basel offers you the chance to discover historic sights of a city straddling at the Rhine river in the northwest part of Switzerland on the very border with France and German. Switzerland's third-largest city is well known for its chemical and pharmaceutical industries. The city is also well known for its vibrant cultural scene, particularly in art and theatre. Basel has a generous offering of art galleries, museums, opera houses, and theatres. Wha’s included in The Best of Basel City Walking Tour? You will have the chance to discover Europe’s greatest river: The Rhine. Stops at Rittergasse, Münster Cathedral, Münster Pfalz, Kleinbasel, and other interesting sights are included. Enough great reasons to venture to Basel anytime of year Get ready to experience Switzerland from a different perspective. A local charismatic guide will reveal interesting facts about Basel history.
per group (up to 15)
Lowest price guarantee
Start time: Check availability
German, English, Italian, French
- Professional Local Tour Guide
- Departure details
- Tinguely Fountain, Klostergasse 7, 4051 Basel, Switzerland Meet the guide Next to Tinguely Fountain.
- Barfüsserplatz, Barfüsserpl., 4051 Basel, Switzerland Tour ends at Barfüsserplatz.
If you have questions about accessibility, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 197449P9
- Near public transportation
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.
- Which attractions will I visit with The Best of Basel Walking Tour?
- During this experience, places you will visit include:Discover and book The Best of Basel Walking Tour on Tripadvisor
- How much is The Best of Basel Walking Tour?
- The Best of Basel Walking Tour price starts from $651.93. Discover and book The Best of Basel Walking Tour on Tripadvisor
- What is the The Best of Basel Walking Tour cancellation policy?
- The Best of Basel Walking Tour cancellation policy: All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties. Discover and book The Best of Basel Walking Tour on Tripadvisor
- Which company provides The Best of Basel Walking Tour?
- The Best of Basel Walking Tour is hosted by Opatrip.com Basel. Read reviews, discover additonal experiences or contact Opatrip.com Basel on Tripadvisor. Discover and book The Best of Basel Walking Tour on Tripadvisor
- If you have questions about this tour or need help making your booking, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 197449P9
Reserve your spot
- You'll start atTinguely FountainKlostergasse 7, 4051 Basel, SwitzerlandMeet the guide Next to Tinguely Fountain.See address & details
- 1Tinguely FountainStop: 10 minutesSee details
- 2Offene Kirche ElisabethenStop: 20 minutesSee details
- 3RittergasseStop: 20 minutesSee details
- 4Basel MinsterStop: 20 minutesSee details
- 5MünsterplatzStop: 20 minutesSee details
- You'll end atBarfüsserplatzBarfüsserpl., 4051 Basel, SwitzerlandTour ends at Barfüsserplatz.See address & details
About the operator
Joined in September 2019
#21 of 46 Tours & Activities in Basel
Best walking tour of Old Town Basel
This was the best tour we’ve been on. Our guide Bea Tschopp, was informative, enthusiastic, animated, friendly, and very knowledgeable. She kept a great pace pointing out, old and new facts and history that we would’ve walked by without noticing. There was even a sweet treat at the end. Two thumbs up!
Buy it with
The Best of Basel Walking Tour provided by Opatrip.com Basel
Product Overview: The Best of Basel Walking Tour
Number of Photos