LIKELY TO SELL OUT*
Guided visit to the Basilica of San Miniato a Monte
By Italian Vista Travel
The Basilica of San Miniato al Monte is one of the oldest churches in the city. It is said that it was founded on the relics of San Miniato, one of the first martyrs of the city, who converted to Christianity and beheaded in 250 AD in what was once the Roman amphitheater. Legend has it that Miniato got up and, with his own head under his arm, went to die right in the place where the Basilica dedicated to him stands today. The church was consecrated in 1018 and is in Romanesque style: longitudinal plan, three naves and three levels, including the level of the lowered crypt and the raised one of the presbytery.
per adult (price varies by group size)
per adult (price varies by group size)
Lowest price guaranteeReserve now & pay laterFree cancellation
Start time: Check availability
German, English, Italian, French, Spanish
What's not included
- Florence Authorized Guide
- Disposable earphones to maintain spacing measures and still ensure listening to the guide's explanations
- Respect of the spacing measures guaranteed by groups of few people
- Private transportation
- Bottled water
- Departure details
- Basilica di San Miniato, Via delle Porte Sante, 34, 50125 Firenze FI, Italy In front of the pharmacy on the church square
- Returns to original departure point
If you have questions about accessibility, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 29762P42
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Most travelers can participate
- Body temperature will be measured with suitable instruments before access, which must not exceed 37.5
- Access to the museum will be allowed only with the use of suitable CE masks (see Ordinance RT no. 48) to cover the mouth and nose and disposable gloves.
- Participants are required to observe social distancing during the experience
- Museum is sanitized and cleaned according to the new rules anti covid-19
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- What you can expect during your visit
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Temperature checks for tour participants upon arrival
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Safety precautions are provided by the property and are not checked by Tripadvisor for accuracy.
- Which attractions will I visit with Guided visit to the Basilica of San Miniato a Monte?
- During this experience, places you will visit include:Discover and book Guided visit to the Basilica of San Miniato a Monte on Tripadvisor
- How much is Guided visit to the Basilica of San Miniato a Monte?
- Guided visit to the Basilica of San Miniato a Monte price starts from $137.98. Discover and book Guided visit to the Basilica of San Miniato a Monte on Tripadvisor
- What is the Guided visit to the Basilica of San Miniato a Monte cancellation policy?
- Guided visit to the Basilica of San Miniato a Monte cancellation policy: For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Discover and book Guided visit to the Basilica of San Miniato a Monte on Tripadvisor
- Which company provides Guided visit to the Basilica of San Miniato a Monte?
- Guided visit to the Basilica of San Miniato a Monte is hosted by Italian Vista Travel. Read reviews, discover additonal experiences or contact Italian Vista Travel on Tripadvisor. Discover and book Guided visit to the Basilica of San Miniato a Monte on Tripadvisor
- If you have questions about this tour or need help making your booking, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 29762P42
Reserve your spot
- You'll start atBasilica di San MiniatoVia delle Porte Sante, 34, 50125 Firenze FI, ItalyIn front of the pharmacy on the church squareSee address & details
- 1Basilica San Miniato al MonteStop: 2 hoursDiscover one of the oldest and best preserved churches in Florence and admire the fantastic panorama offered by its privileged position. Visit the interior of the basilica and admire the decorations and the mysterious and evocative crypt.Read more
- You'll return to the starting point
About the operator
This experience only has a few reviews, but you can read what other travelers have to say about the operator.
A must! Saves time and you learn a lot
Definitely learned a lot about the history and art throughout the square in Florence. Our guide gave us a nice wel…
Great private experience with Rosanna
This tour would be worth it alone just to skip the line into St. Mark’s on a Saturday when we went but you get so m…
Boboli and Bardini Gardens
Was a wonderful tour and the guide was excellent. We got to go into a new part of the garden that was opened just …
Francesco was incredible! Extremely experienced and knowledgeable in every way. A true florence local. Thanks for t…
Fantastic Florence Walking Tour with Brian!
Our guide Brian Leine was exceptional. He was on on time , extremely knowledgeable about all of the locations we vi…
Not sure it was worth it
Tour guide was informative but not very engaging. Over an hour wait time (in the rain) to enter the Accademia Galle…
Great introduction to Florence!
Our walking tour of Florence and visit to the Galleria dell Academia to see Michelangelo’s David was fabulous and a…
Great tour but the guide made it better!!
Marsha was an awesome and knowledgeable guide!! Made a rainy day very enjoyable!! Workers were on strike so skip th…
3 hour walking tour & skip-the-line David
Francesco C. Was amazing - so knowledgeable about historical facts, arts, architecture..you name it! He was patien…
The time will go fast, well worth the price!
Julia was an amazing tour guide. We had a small group, which was great. She seemed to know everyone as we followe…
Great trip but go at the start of your holiday
The 3 hours went quite quickly and you get to see a numberof areas of the city including across the river. Our guid…
Caterina tour of Florence
Caterina was very informative and enjoyable to spend 3 hours with! The sights including David were incredible!
A great tour for the first time visitor to Florence
This is a great tour of the main historical buildings and statues in Florence for the first time visitor. Our guide…
First Time to Florence? This Tour Will Make the Most of Your Visit!
My first time to Florence on vacation and this tour made our day so much more enjoyable than had we not done it. Ho…
Amazing 3-hour Skip-the-Line Florence Highlights & David Walking Tour with Barbara.
Our Guide Barbara made this 3-hour Skip-the-Line Florence Highlights & David Walking Tour being absolutely delightf…
Detailed Reviews: Reviews order informed by descriptiveness of user-identified themes such as cleanliness, atmosphere, general tips and location information.
C’est super haut, il y a beaucoup de marches alors on en a chié sa mère pour tout grimper, mais j’avoue c’est joli quand même.
Written August 28, 2021
This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews as part of our industry-leading trust & safety standards. Read our transparency report to learn more.
*Likely to sell out: Based on Viator’s booking data and information from the provider from the past 30 days, it seems likely this experience will sell out through Viator, a Tripadvisor company.