Support this operator:Times are tough for the travel community right now. To show your support, consider leaving a review or posting photos of tours and experiences you have taken. Your support will go a long way in helping tour operators worldwide get back on their feet down the road
View all photos (21)
Select Date and Travelers
Low Price GuaranteeNo Booking Fees
With its many pedestrian-only streets and limited parking, Florence is best seen on a guided walking tour. With a guide on this tour, you’ll visit a mixture of landmarks (Brunelleschi’s Dome or Duomo, Giotto’s Bell Tower) and hidden gems, and discover secrets and scandals you'd likely miss if exploring independently. Plus, you’ll receive recommendations for the best places to eat, drink, and shop during your time in the city.
You'll start at
Via dei Sassetti, 1
Via dei Sassetti, 1, 50123 Firenze FI, ItalyOur office is on the second floor.
See address & details
- 1Piazza della RepubblicaStop: 15 minutes -See details
- 2Church and Museum of OrsanmicheleStop: 15 minutes -See details
- 3Palazzo StrozziStop: 15 minutes - Admission excludedSee details
- 4Piazza Santa TrinitaStop: 15 minutes - Admission includedSee details
- 5Ponte VecchioStop: 15 minutes -See detailsPass by Corridoio Vasariano
- 6Piazza della SignoriaStop: 15 minutes -See details
- 7Piazza del DuomoStop: 15 minutes - Admission excludedSee details
You'll end at
Piazza del Duomo
Piazza del Duomo, 50122 Firenze FI, ItalyTour ends at the Duomo
See address & details
- Discover hidden Florence on a walking tour featuring icons and hidden gems
- Small-group tour is a great way for first-time visitors to orient themselves
- See Giotto’s Bell Tower, Baptsitery (Battistero), and the Duomo in less time
- Gain insight into the Florence's rich history with detailed narration of sights
What to Expect
Start your tour near the Piazza della Repubblica in central Florence, where you’ll greet your guide and enjoy an introduction to the capital of Italy’s Tuscany region. Explore highlights like Giotto’s Bell Tower, Baptistery (Battistero), and the Duomo, as you listen to tales of feuding painters, Medici rulers, and religious fanatics who all left their mark on the city. Discover charming piazzas and backstreets, and recieve insider tips about gelato shops, restaurants, and bars. Your tour concludes at Piazza del Duomo. Shoulders and knees (for men and women) must be covered when entering sacred sites.
Via dei Sassetti, 1, 50123 Firenze FI, Italy
Piazza del Duomo, 50122 Firenze FI, Italy
- Headsets to hear the guide clearly
- Local professional guide
- Entry/Admission - Piazza Santa Trinita
- Entry/Admission - Palazzo Strozzi
- Entry/Admission - Piazza del Duomo
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Operates in all weather conditions; please dress appropriately
- A dress code is required to enter places of worship. No shorts or sleeveless/backless tops allowed. Knees and shoulders MUST be covered for both men and women. You may risk refused entry if you fail to comply with these dress requirements
- Group cannot enter churches (including the Duomo) during mass/other closures
- From April 2017 onwards, new priority entry regulations to the Duomo require viewing a mandatory 30-minute video at a theatre nearby. ArtViva management has thus decided to omit entering the cathedral during the walking tour until these regulations are repealed/changed.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.
Time of year
We booked this trip in Feb and had to cancel soon afterward due to travel restrictions. The terms and conditions clearly offered a full refund. They resisted for weeks and hid behind the Italian government decree which required them to offer vouchers instead. Even after…
Date of experience: April 2020
We pre-booked the Florence in One Glorious Day (or Two) tour, and planned for two separate days. We thoroughly enjoyed both parts of the tour and had excellent guides. The guides speak very good English, are extremely knowledgeable about Florentine and Italian art and history.…
Date of experience: October 2019
Terrific way to be introduced to Florence! Our guide Florinda was amazing! Her knowledge of history, architecture, and art was incredible. We learned so much and the length of the tour was perfect. She also provided us with recommendations for sites to see, how to gain access,…
Date of experience: November 2019
Florence came alive for us in the approximately two-hour guided tour. Our very knowledgeable tour guide helped us make sense of the town, understand the culture and wake up to the depth of the treasures that many walk by without noticing. This walk added value for our entire…
Date of experience: October 2019
We read liked this tour as the staff are super friendly, our tour guide Angelo was very informative and brought the story of Florence to life! Was a nice way to see Florence.
About the operator
Don’t take it from us – here’s what people have to say about this operator.
By: Artviva: The Original & Best Tours Italy
Very nice experience
One of the high light in my trip. U will really work in the restaurant and cook for your steak. Everyone is very ni…
Learn how to prepare a perfect T-Bone-Steak
After being welcomed and treated with a starter and some introductory stories from the , the cooking started. In a …
Manoli is the best guide
Manoli could not have been a better tour guide for our visit to Florence. Friendly, so knowledgeable and funny! He …
A wonderful evening with delicious steak and wine!
This cooking class was a gift for my girlfriend and it was definitely worth it! The staff was really friendly and f…
Definitely do this!!!
This was an amazing night. We were treated to knowledgable, fun chefs who taught us the in's and out's of making a …
Original Florence Walk and David Tour
We had a tremendous time with Riccardo Lisi. He captivated our group of mom, dad, and teenage son and daughter. O…
I enjoyed the Uffizi Gallery tour with Catherine - nonstop but not tiring storytelling of the art and the people wh…
Most entertaining tour in a museum
We were very lucky to have Valeria as our tour guide and we happened to be the only couple to sign up in low season…
We had our best dinner in Florence during this interactive evening. Fabulous wine and steaks, fresh veggies, yummy …
This tour made the Uffizi Gallery for us. There was so much to see, having someone guide us through it all made it come
The Uffizi Gallery is an absolute must see if you visit Florence. But as one quickly realizes, there's so much hist…
The evolution of styles in Renaissance paintings excellently described and demonstrated
Our group of five, guided by Hilda, was given a wonderful tour by highlighting the chronological evolution of paint…
Tour cancelled at the last minute
The tour company hired by Viator cancelled the tour about a week before we were to go. They said they didn't have …
Artviva are lucky to have Hilde!
My second tour in Florence, Italy, and by the far the best. Hilde took me through the streets and her knowledge was…
Original Walking Tour
Exceptional experience due largely to our guide Carina (ex-pat Brit). She was knowledgeable of the history, cultur…
A one of a kind experience!
The description of this tour was intriguing and it proved to be fascinating! Maria was our guide and we had her al…
- Duration: 3h
- Mobile Ticket Accepted
- Instant Confirmation
- Languages Offered: English
Why Book on Tripadvisor?
- Low Price Guarantee
- No Booking Fees
- Secure Payments
- 24/7 SupportCall:+1 855 275 5071
Travelers also viewed
Frequently bought together
Popular: Booked by 10,859 travelers!
Popular: Booked by 4,107 travelers!