Explorine one of Palermo’s historic markets Purchase all the ingredients necessary to prepare your meal with our chef. Taste some of Palermo’s typical street food Enjoy a hands-on cooking class followed by lunch. Visit Villa Malfitano, Palermo with the Cathedral, Quattro Canti square, etc. Walk through the streets of the historical center and the Botanic garden of Villa giulia .
per adult (price varies by group size)
Lowest price guarantee
Start time: Check availability
English, Italian, French
What's not included
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- English speaking Driver escort
- Visit as per itinerary
- Visit of Palazzo Mirto and Botanical garden
- Cooking class + Lunch
- Licensed tourist local guide ( our drivers are tour escort and not local guides)
- Entrance fees to minuments
- Departure details
- Traveler pickup is offered.
- airport Palermo
- Hotel pickup is offered. View the hotel list on our checkout page to see if yours is included among the pickup points.
If you have questions about accessibility, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 92221P10
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.
- Which attractions will I visit with PALERMO and its GARDENS and a COOKING Class?
- During this experience, places you will visit include:Discover and book PALERMO and its GARDENS and a COOKING Class on Tripadvisor
- How much is PALERMO and its GARDENS and a COOKING Class?
- PALERMO and its GARDENS and a COOKING Class price starts from $553.01. Discover and book PALERMO and its GARDENS and a COOKING Class on Tripadvisor
- What is the PALERMO and its GARDENS and a COOKING Class cancellation policy?
- PALERMO and its GARDENS and a COOKING Class cancellation policy: All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties. Discover and book PALERMO and its GARDENS and a COOKING Class on Tripadvisor
- Which company provides PALERMO and its GARDENS and a COOKING Class?
- PALERMO and its GARDENS and a COOKING Class is hosted by Sicily & Italy By Experts. Read reviews, discover additonal experiences or contact Sicily & Italy By Experts on Tripadvisor. Discover and book PALERMO and its GARDENS and a COOKING Class on Tripadvisor
- If you have questions about this tour or need help making your booking, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 92221P10
Reserve your spot
About the operator
Sicily & Italy By Experts
Joined in September 2018
#3 of 11 Food & Drink in Cefalu
- Jean P00Food, Wine, and Culture Experience of a lifetimeTouring With Sicily by Experts – A Pleasure Throughout In May of 2023 we spent three weeks traveling through Sicily on a tour organized by Sicily By Experts, a tour company operated by Angela Macaluso. As we planned the trip, Angela carefully listened to our needs, interests, and desires for places we definitely wanted to see and places and things that were of limited or little interest to us in Sicily. She then developed a schedule of experiences that were very well focused on our interests and needs. We are particularly interested in food, cooking, and wine to accompany good food. Angela arranged several marketing and cooking experiences that were insightful and that illuminated the various strands of Sicily’s food culture rooted in so many cultures over the ages. She also arranged for visits to several wine estates and wineries. We had an excellent tour throughout. The hotels Angela booked for us were all first rate, neat, clean and well located for the exploring we like to do in the historical centers of cities. All had helpful staff who, in several instances made useful recommendations. The drivers she arranged for our various outings and transfers as well as the equipment for those trips were first rate. The drivers were friendly and for the most part spoke excellent English, which was helpful for us as our Italian is very weak, and our Sicilian dialect nonexistent. The tour guides for various outings were all knowledgeable, helpful, and flexible as to making field adjustments for various outings when we decided that some change would make a particular excursion more enjoyable for us. Each day Angela checked in to make sure things were working as planned and to let us know details of the arrangements for the next day’s activities. On several excursions she accompanied us herself. Having her as a guide on those days was especially enjoyable. Finally, the definite high point of our whole stay in Sicily was meeting members of Angela’s extended family in a “Cooking With Grandmother” food preparation experience and meal that was the unforgettable culmination of our trip. We recommend Angela’s services to anyone looking to have a well curated, custom-fitted tour of Sicily. Our trip was smooth and a good value for the price charged. We definitely recommend Angela and her services for anyone wanting to get the most out of time spent in Sicily or, for that matter, anywhere else in Italy or the world that she plans tours. Gary & Jean Pokorny, El Cerrito, California, USA
- ChristieDimke00Trip if a lifetime to Italy with friendsAngela organized the trip of a lifetime for me and my group of friends (6 total). She understood our bucket list wishes and made those happen for us. From winery visits and meals, beautiful trekking scenery excursions to local culture and in -home cooking experiences. We experienced beautiful hotels and amazing food. Angela made sure we got a taste of life in Italy. We felt immersed and like we got the best of Italy. We were very impressed with attention to details and her checking in with us to make sure everything was good. I highly recommend Angela.
- annelN7699JR00Fantastic tour of Sicily with AngelaThis was an amazing experience from start to finish. Angela helped to curate a delightful 6 day tour of Sicily for our group of 8. Based in Cefalu for 4 days we experienced Palermo, Agrigento, Arigona and Patti for intimate cooking instruction, temple and winery tours and personalized attention. Angela is tremendously knowledgeable about the island and found the perfect places for us to visit to give us a true taste of Sicilian life. We then headed to Taormina for a few days to tour Siracusa, Mt Etna and more wineries. Angela’s connections with local guides, drivers and restaurants were always top notch, friendly and helpful and made this a most memorable trip. You truly feel like part of Angela’s family and we would not hesitate to work with her in the future. Highly recommend!
- Lafmac00Experience of a LifetimeThis was a once in a lifetime custom tour! It was a full seven days in Sicily that was expertly guided by Angela. Starting in a beautiful villa in Cefalu with a home cooked meal our first night. We went on to explore Cefalu, Palermo, Agrigento, Taormina, Siracusa, Mt. Etna, wineries, cooking class we did it all and it was wonderful. Every detail was impeccable. But there is another piece to this review. One goal of this trip was to locate the the final resting place of my biological father and sister. Through Angela's determination not only did I find what I was looking for, we were able to locate other relatives who have made me part of their family, forever. Our experience was everything we wanted and so much more because of Angela. Can't wait for the next adventure. Grazie Angela, dal profondo del mio cuore. Per sempre grato.
- Alychloe00Simply amazing!!Honest review of Angela and her team at Italy by Experts… I’d like to tell everyone how horrible they are to work with so I can have access to all of her future FAMs but I’d be lying. I spent 14 days on a FAM with Angela and everything was simply amazing! Our hotels/villas, tours, immersive experiences, site inspections and private drivers were excellent. I was a bit hesitant to go to a country I’d never been to before, with people I didn’t know and with a host I’d just met. I can honestly say it was the most magnificent and memorable experience. I got to watch Angela and her team pivot as small issues popped up. She handled all the details with ease and most wouldn’t have even known there was an issue. For example, there was a marathon in Milan and vehicles couldn’t get to our hotel past 7a. She had our luggage picked up by 6:45a, gave us time to finish getting ready for the day, eat breakfast and then had our transportation pick us up a few blocks from the hotel. I know this took a lot of organization but Angela didn’t skip a beat. I’m already plotting my return trip with a small group and can’t wait for her to host another FAM. I know without a doubt that every client I send to Italy by Experts will leave Italy as family and will be in the best hands. I almost hate giving this glowing of a review as I’d like to keep this hidden gem all to myself! P.S. Angela knows how and where to take all the great pics 🤩
- larryrI6683CW00Sicily as we always wanted to see itAngela Macaluso was a wonderful expert who planned our trip and to met our individual interests. She patiently offered us options to see the amazing history, food, wine, and people of Sicily. Our four couple tour was a truly amazing, enjoyable, and memorable experience. As a native Sicilian, Angela presented the magic of Sicily in so many fun ways. We experienced the variety of Sicilian wines and cuisines with local expert tour guides who made the history of Sicily come alive. She also gave us the opportunity to interact with local Sicilians to further burnish our memories of this fantastic island. We will definitely call Angela the next time we want to see other regions of Italy!
- cynthiai25200Treasures of SicilyAngela gave us a heartfelt and glorious vacation in and through Sicily. A group of 8 long-time friends had begun working with Angela before the pandemic hit in 2020. We had selected her because she is a Sicilian native who suggested and revised (according to our specifications) a 12-day tour of the island. When Covid closed down travel, she refunded all our money and so we rebooked with her in 2022 when traveling was again possible. The trip was a gastronomic delight: beginning with the very first meal in our astonishing seaside villa, when a gourmet chef cooked for all of us – including two vegetarians. Magnifico! Each day we toured city, countryside or ancient ruins, eating at restaurants, wineries and mountain villages. We were even treated to a family style meal with her parents in the 2000-year-old village of Polizzi Generosa. Autentico! We traveled in ten person vans driven by interesting and friendly locals; we stayed in excellent hotels with views of Mt. Etna and the sea, and ate, ate, ate. Some of our group wanted to visit wineries and taste local wines, some of us wanted fewer tours. Angela was able to arrange tastings and lunches that satisfied all of us – no kidding. I had injured my foot two days before traveling; Angela helped me find and purchase crutches, find and use electric wheelchairs (e.g., at the UNESCO World Heritage Site in Agrigento) and modify walking tours to accommodate my injury while still allowing for a full visit by others in our group. I cannot overstate my admiration and gratitude for Angela as a topnotch travel agent and tour guide, and lovely, warm human being. Cynthia I.
- mitchlux0100Amazing Insider's View of SicilyAngela of Sicily by Experts planned, arranged, and led a private 12-day tour for our group of eight. It was an amazing and unforgettable trip, and afforded us an insider's view of the history, culture, cuisine, and wines of Sicily. The trip was so memorable because of the outstanding accommodations, transportation, and daily itineraries all impeccably arranged by Angela. Angela was responsive to our needs, warm and caring always. Angela and Sicily by Experts will undoubtedly ensure you will have the most memorable experiences on your visit to Sicily.
- GinaQ79700Sensational Sicily ExperienceOur 6 day family tour of Sicily arranged by Sicily by experts was an unforgettable trip of a lifetime. Every excursion was a unique experience planned with every detail considered. From our cooking class and chef lead market tour of Sicilian street food to our private garden picnic at the Temples of the Gods in Arigento to the private wine tasting with farm to table dining in Syracuse, each experience truly exceeded all expectations. Our Guide Lorenza and driver Giuseppe anticipated every need and truly felt part of our family. They went above and beyond to take care of us ensure our trip was custom tailored and everything we wanted it to be.
- rosalied58300Absolutely magnificentI am a travel consultant with Valerie Wilson/Frosch and found Angela and Sicily by Experts through a search, and what a find she was. My clients wanted an unique experience in Rome and Sardinia and Angela and her team gave them an unforgettable experience. From the moment they arrived in Rome, the private transfers, the hotel, the tours, the dining experiences, then on to Sardinia. Once again an unforgettable experience, the unique boutique hotel, the activities she arranged, she even arranged a visit to a doctor for the necessary covid test requirement to travel back to the USA
- AllyGBxl00Unique experience in historic CefaluAngela arranged a lovely two bedroom apartment for my family in the center of Cefalu, litterally minutes away from the beach. It was spacious, clean and completely furnished and we were made to feel very welcome and comfortable throughout our entire stay. Angela was very attentive and always available and we would recommend using Sicily by Experts next time you are in Cefalu.
- R2566PLhelens00Private Tour of SicilyI had no idea what to expect when I travelled to Sicitly. But I was amazed by the scenery, culture, food and mostly the history. Angela our tour guide was very knowledgeable, professional and great fun to be around, nothing was too much trouble. Her home town of Cefalu was amazing! Giuseppe our bus driver was the best and did a fantastic job driving us around safely and I was amazed that he could fit all bags in! If you want to experience definatley contact Angela at Sicily By Experts.
- judypP3483YK00Great holidayWe had a fantastic holiday! Angela was fun,knowledgeable,professional and extremely helpful. She always went above and beyond for us. We got to know her very well over the 11 night tour. We enjoyed the extraordinary sights, history, beautiful cuisine and the great group of fellow travelers. Giuseppe's driving was skillful. He was also a lovely and helpful person. All in all the tour was a once in a lifetime experience. Thanks for everything! Judy and Vince.
- FluffyBoy6600Personalized wine, food & cultural tourWe were fortunate to find Sicily by Experts to design and fulfill our very personal 24 day tour of Sicily, an all round the island experience. We especially wanted to meet people who live and work on this unique place, and enjoy the flavors of the distinct wine and food. Visits to vineyards and gardens, a special herb farm, lunch and supper parties with locals all helped us meet some Sicilians in their own homes and workplaces. En route round the island, we visited and enjoyed some of the beautiful historic towns, stopping off in 5 locations: Palermo, Marsala, Syracuse, Taormina and, lastly, charming Cefalu. Angela took great care with the planning but remained flexible so that we could make changes as we travelled. Our drivers were personable, careful and helpful. We have no hesitation in highly recommending this agency if you want a personalized tour In Sicily.
- Loupoo8400My beautiful Wedding in CefalùWe live in London but fell in love with Sicily and Cefalù a few years ago on holiday. We decided that this was where we wanted to get married. We found a wedding planner online who was an absolute nightmare.I was stressed, crying and feeling anxious about my wedding day. A chance encounter on Facebook I was introduced to Angela. As soon as I spoke with her I felt at ease and she knew exactly what she was talking about and knew Cefalù. Over a few days Angela had put together and planned more then our first wedding planner who had been planning for months !! Our wedding was beautiful and just what We wanted romantic and special with a Sicilian twist. The flowers and decorations throughout the day were absolutely stunning . They complimented the venues and our wedding theme. Everything looked more beautiful then I could have ever imagined. The violinist was recommended by Angela and he was just spectacular. He played beautiful classical music at the wedding and then a mix of Italian and party songs at the reception. He added so much to the day. He was a big favourite with the guests. Getting married in a country not your own can be very daunting. Angela always went through everything, gave us different options and made us feel at ease. I had to put my all my trust in her and she delivered. Angela managed to add those extra special touches which added to the day. She got to know me and knew my tastes. She was so easy to talk to and get along with. Thank you so much for making the day one in a million and a day we will never forget. Laureen and Pete xx
Buy it with
PALERMO and its GARDENS and a COOKING Class provided by Sicily & Italy By Experts
Product Overview: PALERMO and its GARDENS and a COOKING Class
Number of Photos