Experience the landscapes of the largest active Volcano in Europe recognized as Unesco heritage, taste the flavors of typical Sicilian products and be fascinated by the Greek Roman history that Taormina offers us.
Lowest price guaranteeReserve now & pay laterFree cancellation
Duration: 6–7 hours
Start time: Check availability
English, Italian, Spanish
What's not included
- Private transportation
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Driver or Hostess speaking the language of the tour you have chosen for explanations on the mini van
- Bottled water
- Entrance fees to museums, theaters, food and drinks, entrance to the cable car
- Tips (optional)
- Authorized Tour Guide
- Departure details
- Traveler pickup is offered.
- With specific request it is possible to pick up at any hotel, holiday home or B&B in Catania
- porto di Catania, 95100 Catania, Italy Exit the cruise terminal you will see a driver or hostess with the sign with the name of the group leader who made the reservation.
- Fontanarossa Airport, Catania, Sicily Italy
- Catania Cruise Port, Terminal Crociere Sporgente Centrale, porto, 95121 Catania CT, Italy
- Returns to original departure point
If you have questions about accessibility, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 123888P8
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- Which attractions will I visit with Private Tour Etna and Taormina from Catania?
- During this experience, places you will visit include:Discover and book Private Tour Etna and Taormina from Catania on Tripadvisor
- How much is Private Tour Etna and Taormina from Catania?
- Private Tour Etna and Taormina from Catania price starts from $174.13. Discover and book Private Tour Etna and Taormina from Catania on Tripadvisor
- What is the Private Tour Etna and Taormina from Catania cancellation policy?
- Private Tour Etna and Taormina from Catania cancellation policy: For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Discover and book Private Tour Etna and Taormina from Catania on Tripadvisor
- Which company provides Private Tour Etna and Taormina from Catania?
- Private Tour Etna and Taormina from Catania is hosted by Sicily Best Tour. Read reviews, discover additonal experiences or contact Sicily Best Tour on Tripadvisor. Discover and book Private Tour Etna and Taormina from Catania on Tripadvisor
- If you have questions about this tour or need help making your booking, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 123888P8
Reserve your spot
- You'll start atporto di CataniaOr, you can also get picked upSee departure details
- 1Mount EtnaStop: 60 minutesSee details
- 2Oro d'EtnaStop: 30 minutesSee details
- 3Porta Catania di TaorminaStop: 2 hoursSee details
- You'll return to the starting point
About the operator
Sicily Best Tour
Joined in May 2017
#1 of 51 Tours & Activities in Messina
- staceyhC9703NA00This is how to do Sicily when you come in on a cruise ship just for one dayWe had a fabulous time with Sonia as our guide and Francesco as our driver. It’s the way to do Sicily in one day if you’re on a cruise ship. Don’t get caught up with the exorbitantly priced cruise ship excursions where they put you on a bus. This is the way to do it. You can customize your own itinerary Exactly as you want it. We even stopped at the Biondi winery, which I found online and had a lovely experience. Five stars. Sonia and Francesco are top notch.
- Adrian M00Best tour everOur driver Lilo was the best. Thank you for amazing experience with you. I recomand the tour. We come back for sure. Adrian from Romania
- henryjI6307VQ00vanson skeleton jacket"Looking for the perfect jacket to boost your TV watching experience? Look no further than Tvjackets.com! With a wide range of stylish and comfortable jackets designed specifically for your binge-watching sessions, we've got you covered. Don't settle for ordinary when you can elevate your TV nights to extraordinary with Tvjackets.com. Grab yours now and cozy up in style!"
- R391WXjuliac00Tour of a lifetime!The trip to savoca was amazing, to follow in the footsteps of the godfather film and sit in his chair. It was like reliving the film, and made all the better by the wonderful guide Sonia, who is American, with Sicilian roots. We then went to Taormina, wow! Shop til you drop! With stunning views of Etna and a jaw dropping Greek theathre. Off up to Castemola, how hilarious, bar Turissi, with its phallic cocktails, made all the more hilarious by Sonia's amusing comments! Then, to finish off the surprising port of Messina. The views from Christo Re of the Straits of Messina and Italy were awesome! Likewise, the informative history from Sonia. To finish off, the cathedral with the world's largest astronomical clock, not to be missed. well worth the money, I would highly recommend this tour!
- rfamily900Outstanding tour company, HIGHLY recommend!My wife and I arraigned for a private tour from Messina to Taomina , Castelmola and Savoca. We had a driver (I believe Filippo) and Erika was our tour guide! IF your lucky enough to get her, she is without question the BEST tour guide we had on our month long vacation. Erika enthusiastically explained local history on our one hour drive to Savoca. Once we arrived we visited the Palace Trimarchi and San Nicola Church where Michael Corleone and Apollonian got married in The Godfather! I will say Ericka did an outstanding job with us, unfortunately my wife became ill from something she ate from the night before and we were unable to finish the tour. However I can tell you that the compassion that Filippo and Ericka showed my wife was fantastic. BTW, Ericka is a 5th year medical student and speaks perfect English. I wish I could give this company more than 5 stars!
- xncg00Highly recommended- one of the best shore excursion in ItalyThis is one of the best tours we had during our 8 night cruise with odyssey of the sea in Aug 2023. We have a family of 6 (2 adults, 2 kids and 2 seniors), really cannot ask more. Everything is beyond our expectation. When we get off the ship which is earlier than scheduled meeting time, the guide, driver and car are already there to greet us. The first stop is Etna, it’s magnificent, we were able to take the cable car up to the top which definitely worth it. My younger son is a little fussy and tired but the surprise gift from the guide cheered him up :) then we got time with a beautiful stop along the coast to take pictures and spend some family time in the nice little town. The whole journey is well planned and pretty flexible if we want to stay longer or change any stops. The guide is knowledgeable and even very good on taking nice family photos for us! The car is clean and comfortable. Highly recommended this trip!
- 253axellg00Great experienceI visited Etna and Taormina with Lillo, our driver and guide. It was an amazing experience. Great place to visit and great people around .
- LoreV36300Great experience in Sicily with Erika!We had a great time with Erika! She was very enthousiastic and she shared so many beautiful places with us. We enjoyed Sicily to the fullest!
- New P00Amazing tourLillo was an amazing tour guide. He is an excellent and safe driver. He went above and beyond to make our tour special. We were able to see Etna and he took us to other special locations that were absolutely gorgeous. The food and the wine that we tried were simply delicious. His knowledge of the history is extremely impressive. I will recommend Lillo and this tour to anyone I know is coming to Taormina.
- sheennas00The Best of the Best!Excellent tour! Filippo our driver and Sonia our guide were so nice and personable. We started the day with delicious pastries that Filippo brought. Sonia was a wealth of information about Sicily’s history. We wanted to have lunch so they took us to a restaurant with delicious food and a beautiful view. We had a wonderful time! You are truly Sicily’s Best Tour!
- SamirMana00Great service in MessinaPhilippo took great care of us during our cruise when stopping for few hours in Messina for a couple of hours in a great beach spot! :) He brought the group of 8 to Torre Farro giving us good advices on where to go and to eat and brought us back to the ship on time and with the smile ! :) I highly recommend him! Grazie Philippo!
- B350600TaorminaWe stayed in an apartment in the middle of Taormina .. we found our fav local merchants restaurants and coffee places!! Billy Billy was our fav cappuccino place best cornetto and Marcello is a wonderful host. Beach was full of pebbles rocks by Taormina with the gondola ride down we preferred beach in Naxos next town over!! Sandy cheaper chairs umbrellas to rent. Osteria de Rita was our fav restaurant pasta fish was excellent!! Second Mama Rosa they are close to each other if Rita is full wander over there. All right in town of Taormina.
- schreibj201800Family visit and Tour of MessinaFilippo was an amazing guide for us as we traveled from Taormina through Messina to Terme Vigliatore to meet cousins for the first time and to see where my grandfather’s house was. We were lucky to have him as he unexpectedly had to translate for us. We appreciate his kindness and friendly nature along with his knowledge of the area.
- Tshep300Amazing day in Sicily!Alessandra and Juan Carlo could not have been more accommodating. Very smooth ride and she is a wealth of information! It was a beautiful day with the best driver and guide. The cannolis to finish the day were the best we’ve ever had!
- Phoinix1500Love Sicily TourLoved this tour with Oleksandra. She was great and showed us to so many great places. Savoca, Bar Vitelli, Taormina and Castelmola, Mt Etna and Isola Bella View. Time to shop and have a great lunch in Castelmola. There were 4 of us in the group, so it was a really fun day in Sicily.
Detailed Reviews: Reviews order informed by descriptiveness of user-identified themes such as cleanliness, atmosphere, general tips and location information.
We booked a custom private tour with Filippo and Sonia. We wanted an out of the box experience and they were very accommodating and patient with us as we were unsure what time we were arriving in Messina. They picked us up with out any problems and brought us on a beautiful tour of Messina, The Godfather Spots and on to Taormina where they dropped us off at our hotel. They both were professional knowledgeable and extremely friendly! Sonia's ability to speak both English and Italian made it even better for us! Thanks Filippo and Sonia!!!!
Written August 18, 2023
This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews as part of our industry-leading trust & safety standards. Read our transparency report to learn more.
Thanks a lot for your time with us
Written September 2, 2023
This response is the subjective opinion of the management representative and not of Tripadvisor LLC.
Buy it with
Private Tour Etna and Taormina from Catania provided by Sicily Best Tour
Product Overview: Private Tour Etna and Taormina from Catania
Number of Reviews
Number of Photos