Support this operator:Times are tough for the travel community right now. To show your support, consider leaving a review or posting photos of tours and experiences you have taken. Your support will go a long way in helping tour operators worldwide get back on their feet down the road
View all photos (17)
Select Date and Travelers
Select tour language
Reserve Now & Pay Later
Low Price Guarantee
The long lines that St. Mark’s Basilica (Basilica of San Marco) attract are a testament to its popularity. Save hours of precious vacation time on a skip-the-line tour of Venice's famous cathedral. Inside, a guide reveals details that you may have missed if exploring independently, and provides commentary that brings the landmark’s rich history to life. Plus, your admission ticket includes access to the Golden Pall, too.
- Save hours of waiting in line with skip-the-line entry to St. Mark’s Basilica
- Let a guide reveal easy-to-miss details on a guided tour
- Gain access to the Golden Pall, one of the world's most valuable objects
- Easy-to-find meeting spot takes the stress out of going to a new place
What to Expect
Greet your guide at a central Venice location at the departure time chosen at checkout. Please note your guide is multilingual, and this tour is bilingual. With your skip-the-line admission ticket, bypass long lines often in excess of two hours and head straight inside the world-famous cathedral, St. Mark’s Basilica. Alongside your guide, admire intricate Italo-Byzantine architecture characterized by golden mosaics. Visit the remains of St. Mark, and marvel at the Golden Pall, considered one of the most valuable objects in the world. After your tour concludes, you can remain inside St. Mark’s Basilica to explore further if you'd like.
Torre dell'Orologio, Piazza San Marco, 30124 Venezia VE, Italy
Returns to original departure point
- Guided tour
- Skip the Line access to St Mark’s Basilica
- Entry/Admission - Basilica di San Marco
- Guaranteed to skip the lines
- Food and Drinks
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Please arrive at the meeting point at least 10 minutes before the tour departure time.
- At the tour departure point you will meet a representative who will check your vouchers and give you information to do the tour.
- During the winter period (from November 1st to March 31st) the tour is bilingual, so explanations are provided in two languages if the audience provenience is mixed.
- Access to the Basilica is only permitted to visitors with suitable attire (no shorts or vest or tops) and backpacks are not allowed for safety reasons.
- The Procuratoria di San Marco reserves the right to PROHIBIT VISITS and access to the basilica at any time and without notice for reasons of force majeure (e.g. high water) and/or safety reasons
- In cases of extra liturgical ceremonies, exceptional high tides or other special occasions, access to St Mark's Basilica may not be permitted and therefore the tour will not take place.
- No credit or refunds will be given in the case of a no show (if you don't show up at the meeting point at the time indicated on your voucher)
- This is a collective tour, which means there might be other participants going on the tour with you.
- Please note that, due to the particular morphological structure of Venice and the logistic problems resulting from it, we cannot guarantee that the whole tour is accessible to people with limited mobility. This means that people with walking difficulties and wheelchair users could not be able to access some parts of the itinerary.
- From November 1st 2015 to March 31st 2016: Bilingual Tour (explanations are provided in two languages if the audience provenience is mixed): English: from Monday to Saturday; Spanish: Wednesday, Saturday; French: Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday; German: Monday, Friday.
- From April 1st to October 31st 2016: English: from Monday to Saturday; Spanish: from Monday to Saturday; French: from Monday to Saturday; German: from Monday to Saturday; Italian: Saturday.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Time of year
Jan_from_Brabant wrote a review Dec 2019Valkenswaard, The Netherlands34 contributions4 helpful votes
You should visit San Marco to know what is is! We expected the cathedral to be much bigger and larger. But the only way to find out, is to experience it by yourself.
Date of experience: June 2019
I normally don't enjoy tours massively taken over by tourists but I really enjoyed this one. Max was really knowledgeable and explained with all sort of details the magnificent basilica ceiling.
Date of experience: December 2019
Excellent tour guide on 12 noon 6/12/19. Very informative and passionate about the Basillica. No line to skip as it was really quiet and free to get in but well worth the money for the fabulous guide. Would suggest you skip the free glass factory tour as its really expensive…
Date of experience: December 2019
Francesca was our guide. She spoke English very well as one of my party of 4 did not speak any Italian. She gave us many insights into St. Mark’s previously unknown to me. Witty and Anecdotal she made the tour both interesting and Fun.
Date of experience: September 2019
Really glad we could join this tour. Our guide put the church into a historical context and really pointed out so much that we would otherwise have missed. Really appreciated not just skipping the line but getting an overview of this monument.
Date of experience: October 2019
About the operator
Don’t take it from us – here’s what people have to say about this operator.
Enjoy the slow ride
It's beautiful and a nice experience to go up and down the grand canal in a gondola. It's expensive so better to go…
CARNIVALE ... OFFICIAL BALL 15/2/2020 at the Casino
A MAGNIFICENT NIGHT! MAGICAL...MEMORABLE! BUT..........disappointing table. Although we booked late ( about 2 w…
Worth the money
Its expensive to take a gondola ride but its a Once in a lifetime experience and I really recommend to everyone! Bu…
way too fast no time on the islands
staff is great, easy to meet but you only spend what feels like a few minutes on each island by the time you walk f…
Brilliant way to have affordable gondola ride and see hidden gems of Venice
Took a Gondola ride with 4 others along the back waterways of Venice which was magical. Then had a guided tour to p…
I did the glass museum tour and a walking tour with a shared gondola ride. The glass museum was not what I expected…
Very nice motorboat cruise
Cruise with 3 stops at Murano, Burano & Tircello. Commentary by the guide in English, French, Spanish and Italian c…
Tour with Fransesca
Incredible tour with a very polite and helpful guide. Fun and informative at the same time. Highly recommended.
A romantic gondola ride is on the top of most traveler’s itinerary when visiting Venice. It was definitely a must d…
Excellent water taxi service from airport direct to hotel
This service is reasonably priced, stress free and a wonderful way to arrive in Venice - we highly recommend this c…
Interesting toursity thing to do
Yes, we went and had to do this. Yes, this is a job for Gondoliers but, the tourists are paying customers and proba…
How about WOW?
Floods did not make this easy at all, but it did happen and we did see them. Such beauty and so much work for so l…
St mark's church and Doge's palace
Poorly managed. Firstly, the meeting point was not clear. Hence, though we were just near the meeting point, confus…
Yvonne L D00
Both places should not be missed. Incredible!
The Basilica is just awesome. The beauty is indescribable. We had seen the Doge's Palace a few years ago but had f…
Expensive but hassle free
One of the best ways to arrive for leave Venice is you are flying in/out is to arrange a private water taxi. He pic…
- Basilica di San Marco, Venetoinside
- Duration: 1h
- Mobile Ticket Accepted
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Instant Confirmation
- Languages Offered: English, French, German, Italian, Spanish
Why Book on Tripadvisor?
- Reserve Now & Pay Later
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Low Price Guarantee
- No Booking Fees
- Secure Payments
- 24/7 SupportCall:+1 855 275 5071
Frequently bought together
Popular: Booked by 6,798 travelers!
Popular: Booked by 941 travelers!
Popular: Booked by 57,780 travelers!
Popular: Booked by 7,383 travelers!
Popular: Booked by 2,210 travelers!