Ages 0-99, max of 12 per group
Start time: Check availability
Live guide: English, Italian
- Local market tour
- Learn to make 1 iconic Pasta type
- Learn to make the famous Tiramisu
- Italian Aperitivo: Prosecco and nibbles
- Tasting session: enjoy everything you've prepared with wine, beverages and coffee included
- Share your passion for the Italian cuisine with other lovely guests
- All Fees and Taxes
- Departure details
- Bologna, Metropolitan City of Bologna, Italy The meeting point of this experience will be our local host home. For privacy reasons, you will receive the full address of your Cesarina host after you have booked. We will contact you after you've booked to match you up with your ideal host based on what you are looking for.
- Returns to original departure point
If you have questions about accessibility, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 68460P1134
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- If you have questions about this tour or need help making your booking, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 68460P1134
About the operator
#11 of 52 Classes & Workshops in Bologna
- V4214CLannm00Memorable Holiday Meal!We thoroughly enjoyed both our meal and visit with Cesarine Margherita! We traveled to Italy to visit our college-aged daughter completing her semester studying abroad in nearby Florence. Bologna is a scenic town convenietly located nearby (40-minute train commute), and our Cesarine's lovely home was conveniently located in the heart of Bologna. We enjoyed an excellent four-course meal with tradional Bolognaise recipes (including the famous, delcious sauce!), and as we prepared and enjoyed our meal together with Margherita, we appreciated learning some fantastic cooking tips for Italian cuisine while learning more about Bologna and Italian traditions. I would highly recommend this experience to anyone, especially families, as our family will always cherish this very special and memorable Thanksgiving meal we celebated together with lovely Cesarine Margherita. Thank you & grazie!
- Z2770UXcatherinep00A special evening we’ll always rememberElena & her husband made us an absolutely amazing dinner! Delicious! Thank you very much for a most memorable evening. We enjoyed the food, wine & attention to detail.
- andyfC5709GW00Update - rating should be ZEROAs an update: I thought I would let you all know about the way this firm treats its customers now that they have been in touch with me. Having allowed me to book/pay for my course (and incur the associated cost with paying by credit card) I am forced to cancel it because they can't fulfil the booking. No reason given (I have the text messages from the teacher). Admittedly they processed the refund promptly but again I incur fees from the credit card. The result is I have had to pay fees for something that wasn't available - there is a word for that. They refuse to cover the costs I've incurred due to their pathetic administration - nor have they had the courtesy to tell me why they couldn't run the course and taken my money for. It's not a lot but I wouldn't have incurred these costs if the course, as advertised, was not available/fully booked. They say they empathise with me - no they don't. That they care about their reputation, really? Look in the mirror, it's not a good image and I'm sure the people of Bologna would not be happy to see how visitors are treated by this lot.
- Andy F00Not impressedBooked this on the Weds for a Friday morning event. Money straight out if account. Weds afternoon they tell me they can't honour the booking. So had to cancel. Lost £ on the transaction have complained but no response. Go careful with this lot
- S4687XTmaryr00Cooking with friendsWe absolutely loved the cooking class with the two of them. Her home was charming and the food and wine was delicious. We had a lot of laughs and great conversations. They treated us like family. I would recommend to all my friends who visit Bologna.
- H2586LUrossm00Pasta making with Oriana was exceptional!I booked this class with Oriana as part of a father-son Italy trip. Oriana gave us such a warm welcome into her home. We spent some time talking before diving into the pasta making class. Oriana is a very positive person and always wanted to make sure we were enjoying the experience. She also served us wine and appetizers while the dough was resting. We learned so much from Oriana and had an amazing experience. We made tagliatelle, pappardelle, and tortelloni, which we enjoyed for luch. Oriana made different sauces for each type of pasta, and everything was so delicious. This is a great way to spend a few hours to gain a deeper understanding of local Bologna food and culture, all while having a great time together and a lot of laughs. I highly recommend Oriana and look forward to taking another class with her during our next trip!
- D7869NUgavinp00Better than any restaurant could make!! Amazing experienceI arrived at the home of Luciano and discovered I was the only participant which was amazing as I would effectively get a private class. I was even more thrilled that I could do the whole class in Italian with Luciana’s good friend Valerio able to help in English if I did not understand something. I felt very at home and relaxed and both Luciana and Valerio were very chatty and interesting. The class was simply amazing. I was nervous about handling the pasta and folding the tortellini but Luciana was patient and guided me and in no time I was making the beautiful little tortellini. It was also interesting to learn how to make traditional tiramisu. Along the way it was nice to sip some wine and enjoy the generous local produce snacks. Lunch was served in Luciana’s beautiful dining room. Luciana had spent hours the day before making the brodo with incredible ingredients. When I had my first spoon of brodo and tortellini I literally felt emotion rising up within myself - it was incredible and I have never tasted anything like it before. You will not get it this good in a restaurant. The dessert and conversation was fantastic. They were in no rush at all and we went well beyond the scheduled 1pm finish - I left at 2.40pm in a food haze and very happy. One of the best experiences of my 5 week trip to Italy - thank you Luciana and Valerio.
- patriciawJ2747PN00Best cooking lesson!What a fabulous experience! My daughter and I wanted to do something a little different in Bologna and the Cesarine cooking experience did not disappoint. Our host Paola was very easy to engage with, welcomed us to her home and taught us so much in a fun & relaxed way. We really enjoyed the lesson and the chilled lunch with the other guests, eating what we made. Great memories and delicious recipes to try at home now. I researched many cooking lessons before I booked. Cesarine gets great reviews for a reason - fantastic!
- D8716LAkb00The best experience!I cannot recommend this experience more. Such a privilege to be welcomed into Annamaria’s home. The lesson was such a memorable experience and highlight of the trip. They were able to tailor to cater for vegetarian requirements, and shared their family recipes. We will take these recipes home to our families. We cannot wait to make the recipes for ourselves at home. Thank you again, will recommend to all our family and friends who visit!
- lukalou00The best Italian experience!I booked a cooking class in Bologna for my son and me. Rosa was amazing! We felt so welcome in her home....like part of her family. Her cooking instructions were perfect and we produced a three course meal (plus piadina) in our three hours. This included the best pasta I've ever eaten...and made it! The best experience of my Italian adventure. If I could give more than five stars I would. Thank you Rosa!
- dmitriyt1123500Highlight of BolognaPaola was a gracious host from beginning to end. I got lucky and ended up being a private experience. Learned how to make tagliatelle and tortellini and tiramusu. Learned helpful tricks for rolling the dough and about transparency of it to know when ready. Friendly and useful to beginners and intermediate cooks. I can say hands down I left the experience with the biggest grin of self satisfaction making delicious food.
- timmyhenny00Incredible Food and intimate local experienceWe had the most incredible time cooking with Rosa in the "Emilia Romagna: the queen of good food cooking" Cesarine course. A definite highlight of our three week Italian holiday! We did the class with our two daughters age 4 and 1.5. Rosa was so great with the girls! She got them both involved in every step even giving them their own workspace, aprons and rolling pins. In addition to the delicious food, we enjoyed spending the afternoon/evening talking with Rosa. We learned not only about Bolognese cuisine but also the Italian lifestyle and culture. I highly recommend Rosa's class to anyone looking for an intimate local experience.
- andreabS4369FW00Must do while in Bologna!We spent our morning with Oriana in her beautiful Bologna apartment. We were greeted with a smile and a warm welcome. There were three of us in the class, including my husband and myself. We were taught to not only make tagliatelle and ravioli, but Oriana showed us how to roll tortellini as well. Oriana sauced both and truthfully, the tagliatelle dish was probably my favorite dish I had in Bologna (maybe even our whole Italy trip)! We also made tiramisu which was delicious! While making the pasta, we snacked on Oriana’s homemade crackers, some cheeses and mortadella…oh and there was wine! Lots of delicious wine! My husband and I had such an amazing time and plan to take what we learned with Oriana and teach our kids and our entire family. We also promised her we would never use our kitchen aid again to make pasta at home. It was easier than we had anticipated to make and roll pasta from scratch. Oriana was a wonderful hostess, made us laugh, and has a beautiful heart and soul. We couldn’t have asked for a more wonderful woman to spend the morning with. A must do while in Bologna. Signed, the Queen of the Pasta
- tropicsbound00Cooking with RosaI loved my cooking class with Rosa in her home. She made me feel right at home and showed me how to make pasta by hand, tiramisu, meatballs, piadina and mayonnaise. This experience shows you a normal Italian life and the everyday food that most people eat at home.
- kingsleys9300Great evening!We had the best time with Margherita. She was a very generous host. She made the evening fun and interesting while we learned to make 2 different types of traditional pasta along with tiramisu. This was such a great way to gain insight into local culture and traditions. Definitely the highlight of our time in Bologna!
Detailed Reviews: Reviews order informed by descriptiveness of user-identified themes such as cleanliness, atmosphere, general tips and location information.
May 2023 • Family
The trip around the local shops was fantastic. It was lovely to see where the locals really shop. We had an awesome time learning so much. Our cook poured her heart and soul into the pasta, and we learnt loads. Our translater was also really good and friendly. We followed it off with the suggested wander up the hill., looking down on the whole of Bologna.
Written June 14, 2023
We did a market tour and cooking class with Paola T - it was a great experience- Paola a knowledgeable home chef, generous with her expertise. And the food and hospitality were excellent. Well worth it!
Written February 6, 2023