Take a day out of your Rome vacation to visit the amazing Ruins of Pompeii, Herculaneum and enjoy a Wine Tasting experience on Mount Vesuvius. This full day trip includes culture and pleasure for those who don't want to miss the opportunity to visit the most famous sites in southern Italy and enjoy the fine wine products of this region.
per adult (price varies by group size)
Lowest price guaranteeReserve now & pay laterFree cancellation
Duration: 10–11 hours
Start time: Check availability
What's not included
- Private pick up and drop off from Rome
- Private reserved Wine Tastings at Winery
- Typical Lunch at Winery
- Tour guided of the Winery
- Pompeii Ruins tickets (if selected during the booking process)
- Herculaneum Ruins tickets (if selected during booking process)
- Entry/Admission - Trecase
- Entry/Admission - Pompeii Archaeological Park
- Entry/Admission - Parco Acheologico di Ercolano
- Departure details
- Traveler pickup is offered.
- Pick-up and Drop-off are offered from Hotels, B&B, Ports, Train Station and Airport.
- Fiumicino Airport, Via dell' Aeroporto di Fiumicino, 320, 54, Fiumicino Italy
- Ciampino Airport, Rome Italy
- Piloti Porto Fiumicino, Viale Traiano, 00054 Fiumicino RM, Italy
- Hotel pickup is offered. View the hotel list on our checkout page to see if yours is included among the pickup points.
If you have questions about accessibility, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 104341P16
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Infant seats available
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- Which attractions will I visit with Pompeii Ruins & Hercualenum with Lunch & Wine Tasting from Rome?
- During this experience, places you will visit include:Discover and book Pompeii Ruins & Hercualenum with Lunch & Wine Tasting from Rome on Tripadvisor
- How much is Pompeii Ruins & Hercualenum with Lunch & Wine Tasting from Rome?
- Pompeii Ruins & Hercualenum with Lunch & Wine Tasting from Rome price starts from $566.01. Discover and book Pompeii Ruins & Hercualenum with Lunch & Wine Tasting from Rome on Tripadvisor
- What is the Pompeii Ruins & Hercualenum with Lunch & Wine Tasting from Rome cancellation policy?
- Pompeii Ruins & Hercualenum with Lunch & Wine Tasting from Rome cancellation policy: For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Discover and book Pompeii Ruins & Hercualenum with Lunch & Wine Tasting from Rome on Tripadvisor
- How much time do I need for Pompeii Ruins & Hercualenum with Lunch & Wine Tasting from Rome?
- On average, this experience will take approximately 10h. Discover and book Pompeii Ruins & Hercualenum with Lunch & Wine Tasting from Rome on Tripadvisor
- If you have questions about this tour or need help making your booking, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 104341P16
Reserve your spot
- You'll get picked upSee departure details
- 1Pompeii Archaeological ParkStop: 2 hours - Admission excludedSee details
- 2Cantina del Vesuvio Winery Russo FamilyStop: 2 hours - Admission includedSee details
- 3Parco Acheologico di ErcolanoStop: 60 minutes - Admission excludedSee details
- You'll return to the starting point
About the operator
Cantina del Vesuvio Winery
Trecase, Campania, Italy
Joined in July 2012
- Monica S00Highly recommendedFantastic wine tasting and lunch. Highly recommended after hot tour of Pompeii. Very friendly staff. Short tour of the vineyard.
- Marian B00Eh… not authentic experience but okA bit of a tourist trap. The tour is not much of one at all- the host is very chatty and has a shtick. The food was basic. All Americans there. We thought the wine was enjoyable. But not a meaningful experience- pure marketing.
- Sharon R00Tourist TrapDefinitely a tourist trap. Very entertaining tour guide but really didn’t learn anything about their wines or the wine making process. Had lunch which was mediocre. Bought wine to ship home only to find out I could have bought it cheaper on line…charged for shipping from Italy when in fact wine shipped from distribution center in Chicago. Save your money and maybe try a different winery in the region.
- mgk5u00Tourist trap.Tourist trap. Food was mediocre, wine was terrible, tour explained nothing about the vineyard. Felt like it was created for tourists who know nothing about wine.
- kathleentN1232NN00Fantastic Winery!We visited this wonderful winery with 6 adult family members and we all loved it! We were greeted with a fantastic sparking wine that we sipped as we admired the fantastic views of mountains and coastline -- and the weather was pefect. And a big thumbs up for Carmine, who was so funny, personable, enthusiastic, and memorable as he guided us on a tour of the grounds of the winery as well as the inner workings of the winery -- and was so knowledgeable too! We then sat on the beautiful terrace of the winery, with the fantastic views, and had an amazing lunch and sampled more great wines -- eveyone thoroughly enjoyed it! I am gluten free due to celiac as well as vegetarian and they perfectly accommodated these dietary restrictions, including GF bread and a GF dessert! This visit was a highloght of our trip, and the Russo family was so gracious in greeting and welcoming us to their winery and talked about the history of the winery. We all highly recommend a visit to Cantina del Vesuvio Winery!!
- Robyn_xxxxxx00Disappointing visit and no information provided on the wine and not dietary intolerance friendly.We attended as part of a mount Vesuvius and wine tasting with a light lunch tour. The winery was a bit disappointing. There was no tour of the actual winery itself, we were taken directly to a seated area for the lunch and remained there for the duration of the stay. Wine: There were 3 wines to try and the first (the sparkling rose) wine was already on the table on arrival and it had no sparkle, not sure if it had been sitting out too long. It was also a tiny, tiny measure. We also tried a white and a red wine whilst the light lunch was served however we wouldn’t know which of the range we tried or anything about the wine itself as the wine was poured but there was no information given at all. There was grappa served with dessert, but again, no information on how it’s made, background etc. We left feeling as if we knew nothing about the small bit of wine tasted. I had to check the winery website to discover the range they had and read about them, but I still don’t know which wines we tried. Food: My partner advised the food was ok, it was a set menu of 3 courses with a bit of a mixed starter (bread, prosciutto, cheeses, some veg etc), spaghetti with tomato sauce for main and unsure of the dessert. I have dietary intolerances (fructan and lactose) and was advised the restaurant here cannot accommodate any food at all for me so I brought a small sandwich on the trip. There were items on my partners plate that would have been fine for me to eat but I was advised they couldn’t provide anything at all so it may have been a case of just being safe so just a warning for other people with fructan/lactose/fodmap issues that you’ll absolutely need to bring your own food. I think the winery could make improvements on the visit by providing information on the wine we were drinking, engaging with guests, and giving better measures. Not asking for full wine glasses, but there could have been a little more. I think it’s all down to time to get us out and get the next tour in, we felt like it seemed to be a quick turnover of people. The positives were the view was good and 2 of the 3 wines were nice. If I’d known what the white wine was and the price, I would have purchased a bottle. We did visit the shop but didn’t see prices and again, no idea which wines we actually tried to know which one to pick. Overall if you’re visiting to for a wine tour, formal tasting, and to learn about the wine itself, I wouldn’t recommend.
- Departure0215998308000Amazing wine tasting experienceVisiting this vineyard was one of the highlights of our trip. Amazing value for money received 4 beautiful course meals alongside 6 different wines. The views onto Mt. Vesuvius were stunning and our guides were very informative and friendly. Would recommend anyone visiting Sorrento to go here
- D9865ADphilipl00Cooking with EsterCooking with Ester at Cantina del Vesuvio winery was a highlight of our trip to Italy. Great hands on experience as our host shared her culinary secrets. Fabulous wines!
- 28travellb00Great place and amazing sceneryWe loved this place, the wine and the short winery visit was just what we wanted with our two kids. The lunch is simple but you don’t come here for an extensive menu experience. You come for the views and the atmosphere which is really very nice
- TTCLee00Beautiful Day with Good Food and WineWe had the most wonderful time at Mount Vesuvio Cantina. The vineyards were gorgeous and the food was delicious with perfectly paired wines from the cellar. We were very excited to learn about the ease with which we could have wine shipped to our home for a very decent price!
- Samantha S00Rushed and uncomfortable experienceWe had a rushed tour, decent wine, and then a horrible transit experience. We called a taxi that was supposed to be there in 15 minutes. 45 minutes later no one was there. The free shuttle run by the winery offered to drive us (after they told us earlier we couldn’t get on, so we booked a taxi instead). Then the taxi driver got in touch with the free shuttle and the free shuttle forced us out to get in the taxi of the sketchy taxi driver who kept lying to us. We missed both potential trains we were gonna take and had to wait another hour to get back. Very unprofessional. Never had a driver throw out a van full of girls to a sketchy and rude taxi driver. So horrific.
- pcy9900Perfect day tripPompeii was amazing, highly recommend getting a guide to show you around site. The winery is in a gorgeous location and lunch was enjoyable.
- abelc4600Must do tour while in Naples/PompeiiThis was the perfect finish for our day after a day at Pompeii. Nice little tour at the beginning, followed by a four course meal which was absolutely delicious. And the wine was so amazing that I ordered several bottles and became a wine member.
- R8917NCchristinas00Beautiful.Breathtaking views and beautiful location. This was my mom's favorite part of the trip. The winery was absolutely stunning with a view of Mt. Vesuvius on one side and the water on the other side. The wine was delicious and the food was excellent! We enjoyed this winery more than anything in Tuscany. It was perfect and so peaceful!
- Emma P00Best wine and lunchWhat a gorgeous winery! Loved everything about our tasting menu and wine. Certainly worth the visit! Don’t miss this place.