per group (up to 6)
Lowest price guarantee
Duration: 3h 30m
Start time: Check availability
Live guide: German, English, Italian, French, Spanish
What's not included
- Professional art Historian speaking guide
- Private Tour
- Entry/Admission - Complesso del Vittoriano
- Entry/Admission - Roman Forum
- Entry/Admission - Palatine Hill
- Food and Drinks
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Departure details
- Piazza del Campidoglio, 8, 00186 Roma RM, Italy
- Foro Romano, 00186 Roma RM, Italy
If you have questions about accessibility, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 172884P16
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.
- Which attractions will I visit with Ancient Rome - Private Tour?
- During this experience, places you will visit include:Discover and book Ancient Rome - Private Tour on Tripadvisor
- How much is Ancient Rome - Private Tour?
- Ancient Rome - Private Tour price starts from $739.70. Discover and book Ancient Rome - Private Tour on Tripadvisor
- What is the Ancient Rome - Private Tour cancellation policy?
- Ancient Rome - Private Tour cancellation policy: All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties. Discover and book Ancient Rome - Private Tour on Tripadvisor
- Which company provides Ancient Rome - Private Tour?
- Ancient Rome - Private Tour is hosted by Get Your Tour & Tickets. Read reviews, discover additonal experiences or contact Get Your Tour & Tickets on Tripadvisor. Discover and book Ancient Rome - Private Tour on Tripadvisor
- If you have questions about this tour or need help making your booking, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 172884P16
Reserve your spot
- You'll start atPiazza del Campidoglio, 8Piazza del Campidoglio, 8, 00186 Roma RM, ItalySee address & details
- 1Complesso del VittorianoStop: 30 minutes - Admission includedSee details
- 2Roman ForumStop: 60 minutes - Admission includedSee details
- 3Palatine HillStop: 60 minutes - Admission includedSee details
- You'll end atForo RomanoForo Romano, 00186 Roma RM, ItalySee address & details
About the operator
Get Your Tour & Tickets
Rome, Lazio, Italy
Joined in July 2019
#299 of 579 Food & Drink in Rome
- rebeccaaL9953WG00Do not recommend Get Your GuideGet Your Guide tour for Domus Aurea in Rome- Booked in July for a tour in November. The company was quick to charge me the full amount of the tour but then cancelled at the last minute. I waited months before being able to book tickets (limited access, tickets sell quickly) only to have them teventually tell me that they could not provide the tour because they needed the full name of the second visitor (apparently new rules). NO EXCEPTION FOR SOMEONE WORKING IN A LIMITED INTERNET ACCESS LOCATION, even though the tour was paid for in full months prior. VERY UNPROFESSIONAL COMPANY, DO NOT RECOMMEND AT ALL Very disappointed. Last time booking with them.
- maza7900No need to book ahead!Do not book beforehand or you will pay much more as seen in these reviews. We walked up and paid $10 euros per person and received instruction on the audio and visual equipment from the very friendly and helpful staff. It was very informative and not crowded at all on a Sunday mid-morning! Totally worth the money spent!
- Vacation0577163260700DishonestyThis company offers tickets with a fake label. The tour to the Colosseum and Roman Forum is only a walk around the outside of those sides. You only learn that in an email that is sent to you after the deadline for cancellation has passed. Scam? I think so. You should be ashamed. We will let the world know.
- SPH7800poor customer serviceWe booked two tours and upon confirmation where requested to download the app, which I easily did. However, the app only showed one of the booked tours. I downloaded it again and the same problem. I phoned and the customer servoe rep could not identify the problem. She put in a IT request. Almost four weeks later, I got an email from an IT person asking for numerous page photos of the problem and asking whether I had tried removing the app and installing it again. (I am not stupid and had already tried that strategy) - what was more annoying was the fact that it was almost four weeks later and we had already taken one of the trips, with the next one booked for the following day. Very disappointed customer service.
- shawnmstar00Tour operator is the WORST!Would rate negative stars if I could. I booked and paid and got confirmation email and then got to the meeting place early and waited for them to get there. I called the number on the itinerary and chatted via Viator and got a response that we couldn’t go in early. Then when the lady finally shows up SHE TELLS ME THERES A PROBLEM and THEY DON’T HAVE TWO TICKETS FOR US. So all that waiting in 100 degree heat for nothing. Also they could have let me know in advance if there was a problem. The galleria was sold out completely and we would have done something different. BAD TOUR OPERATOR! Luckily they gave us a refund pretty quickly. Avoid avoid avoid them.
- BomberCommand00A Great Day out and Saved £1324 to Boot - what's not to like??Despite my concerns about the validity of what I had booked online, in the end my wife and I had a 3 hour tour of the Museum, the grounds and the Sistine Chapel - we paid, initially, £84.06 for the guided tour which guaranteed bypassing the queues and a fully accompanied tour guide in English. We were aware that we would have to pay a further £21 each for the actual entry ticket. We were to assemble at 12 noon outside an office on a street close to the Vatican on the planned day. We found the office (a bit earlier than planned, so went for a drink around the corner). On returning we checked in and paid the fee for the entry ticket, which had mysteriously increased to £23 each (?) There were some late arrivals so our tour party of 27 set off about 25 mins later than it should have and we went to the entrance. Although we were "guaranteed" to jump the queue, so were about 6 or 7 other "guaranteed" tours so we did wait about 25 mins outside in scorching heat. The normal queue was unimaginably long stretching around the Vatican walls. A wait of 4hours+ for them!! We were given earpieces for the running commentary and the tour commenced. There is so much to see and you really do have to keep moving, but the whole area is a testament to religious extravagance and over indulgence. Not necessarily to my atheistic taste, but my wife loved it. The culmination was the Sistine Chapel which I found underwhelming - it has all the hallmarks a converted rectangular barn that someone has decided to cheer up a bit by splashing a bit of colour around. My wife loved it! But here is the rub - our Cruise company (Celebrity) were charging £732 per person, all in, for the same tour. We paid 9 Euros each for the (very excellent) return rail tickets from the port, £84+ for the tour and 23 Euros each for the entry tickets - a total of approx £70 each for the best day of the holiday whilst saving around £1320+. My faith in online booking/paying has been greatly increased by the whole process, and I would have no hesitation in recommending this tour to anyone who visits Rome/Vatican by Cruising.
- elizabeth67900Terrible experience that was a ripoffWe arrived on time but were turned away by the staff there. They insisted that we did not have a reservation despite showing them the info from TripAdvisor. So we never got to experience it. I then requested a refund and was denied so this entire experience was a rip-off. I do not recommend.
- Alexander V00Great tour of the grounds and Sistine Chapel.Our tour guide was very knowledgeable and kind. The Vatican was free that day and thought it would be a madhouse but wasn’t as busy as expected. You get to see all the amazing art and artifacts including the Sistine Chapel. We did have to wait a bit longer than expected to leave the meeting place which cut into our time as our group was one of the last for the day. So felt a bit rushed in the Sistine chapel but overall very good.
- Lovisa J00Beautiful gallery with beautiful art and amazing architectureIncredible beautiful gallery with a lot of historical art. There was a lot of information regarding different art periods and their effects. Sadly, the painting we wanted to see (Caravaggio, Judith beheading Holofernes) was not there (borrowed out to a different museum). I went there together with my boyfriend whick considered this the most impactful part of our trip (and we went to the typical destinations such as the Pantheon, the Vatican and the Sistine chapel). If you go, dont forget to look up on the ceiling, each room has absolutely fantastic artwork on par/better than the actual paintings at times. Would absolutely recommend!
- hclowendorf00Never got ticketsThe delivery of the actual tickets is very unclear. The tickets were supposed to be emailed to me a couple days prior to date of visit, but they never were. I received several messages linking to vouchers and to the Viator app. They have circular links and all say they are NOT tickets. I tried to contact the tour provider, but got no answer. We went to the Borghese Museum, and spent time with their staff searching for the email that would have the tickets, not finding it, and calling the tour ticket provider and again getting no answer. Eventually the lovely museum staff allowed us to enter without tickets, which they did not have to do... Very frustrating experience through Viator. At a minimum, could be more clear about how the ticketing process is supposed to go, but I still honestly can't tell since we never received our proper museum tickets.
- Cadi H00‘Ticket’ rejected. Never saw the gallery!Got sent my ‘tickets’ via email a few days before I travelled. Email titled ‘your tickets are inside’. Happily transferred said ticket to my apple wallet. The same email DID NOT state that this was not a ticket. That it was in fact only a voucher which needed to be exchanged for a ticket. Did not discover this until my ‘ticket’ was rejected at the gallery too late to exchange it by then. Never got to go in. Best part of £70 down the toilet. My advice is don’t book tickets with Tripadvisor - the emails and links are vague, instructions unclear. I haven’t had this disaster with tickets bought elsewhere online.
- purpleponies3700Definitely worth a visit.After reading mixed reviews I was unsure if to pay the 24 euros for both of us. It was the 4 th day of a 5 day trip to Rome and we had already done the main attraction on the list! I can honestly say we both really enjoyed it. We didn’t book. Arrived and paid on the door! No wait. Friendly helpful staff. The level of quality of the visual reality is dated compared to what you can get on headsets nowadays but it was great to see how the circus maximums has changed over the last 2,000 years. I would definitely recommend as it was very informative.
- travelmaid1600Waste of time and moneyA mere nightmare. We had booked a late afternoon tour. The day before I received several phone calls, that the tour was rescheduled to the afternoon. I asked for an email, as I was on the road, but never received it. I had to follow up in several ways to learn that the timing and meeting point changed, never confirmed in the app it via a message. The 14:00 was just a nightmare. 40min just passed on whilst waiting to get inside, the tickets and audio guides. Followed then by moving with crowds, listening to a guide telling unstructured stories to things which were not to see. The guide just continued the talking, with no way of asking her things, as she was somewhere in the crowds. A complete waste of money.
- chantalsJ5892VJ00Amazing museum. Trip Advisor/Viator almost ruined our chance of seeing it.Borghese was amazing, but we almost didn't get in. Someone at either Trip Advisor, Viator or the local tour operated botched our tickets and I knew something was off (emails said one time, tickets said another) so I called and they assured me it was fine (and then hung up on me in the middle of the conversation). When we arrived, as I had suspected, it was not fine, and it took an hour and 20 minutes to figure out. Fortunately the man at the ticket counter at Borghese was a literal saint and called the number on my voucher and helped get us in- not only had they given us two different times, but they'd sold me one ticket. They managed to get me in with my husband over an hour after the original time because there ended up being an unclaimed ticket. My advice? Check over your reservation VERY carefully. This was a mess and almost ended being a massive disappointment.
- Janet H00Wonderful news for art lovers.Wonderful experience seeing masterpieces of paintings and sculptures under one roof. A memorable experience that I would strongly recommend.
Buy it with
Ancient Rome - Private Tour provided by Get Your Tour & Tickets
Product Overview: Ancient Rome - Private Tour
Number of Photos