If your time in Italy is limited, don’t miss the chance to explore the famous ruins of Pompeii and the fascinating port city of Naples. On this private day trip from Rome, travel south through Campania’s scenic landscape towered over by Mt Vesuvius, and tour the well-preserved ancient city of Pompeii with a historian guide. For lunch, stop at your choice of restaurants to sample authentic Neapolitan pizza or other local cuisine, and enjoy time to discover Naples’ historic city center. Throughout the day, enjoy the personalized attention of a private guide.
per group (up to 2)
Lowest price guarantee
Start time: Check availability
Live guide: English
What's not included
- Professional guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Private tour
- Round-trip private transfer
- Transport by private vehicle
- Entry/Admission - Castel dell'Ovo
- Pompeii entry admission 15,00€ p.p. (it will be paid cash to the driver on the day of the tour)
- Entry/Admission - Pompeii Archaeological Park
- Departure details
- Traveler pickup is offered.
- Fiumicino Airport, Via dell' Aeroporto di Fiumicino, 320, 54, Fiumicino Italy
- Ciampino Airport, Rome Italy
- Civitavecchia Port, Piazza Vittorio Emanuele, 19, 00053 Civitavecchia RM, Italy
- Hotel pickup is offered. View the hotel list on our checkout page to see if yours is included among the pickup points.
If you have questions about accessibility, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 9208P49
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.
- Which attractions will I visit with Daily Tour from Rome to Naples and Pompeii - Private Tour?
- During this experience, places you will visit include:Discover and book Daily Tour from Rome to Naples and Pompeii - Private Tour on Tripadvisor
- How much is Daily Tour from Rome to Naples and Pompeii - Private Tour?
- Daily Tour from Rome to Naples and Pompeii - Private Tour price starts from $1,713.66. Discover and book Daily Tour from Rome to Naples and Pompeii - Private Tour on Tripadvisor
- What is the Daily Tour from Rome to Naples and Pompeii - Private Tour cancellation policy?
- Daily Tour from Rome to Naples and Pompeii - Private Tour cancellation policy: All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties. Discover and book Daily Tour from Rome to Naples and Pompeii - Private Tour on Tripadvisor
- Which company provides Daily Tour from Rome to Naples and Pompeii - Private Tour?
- Daily Tour from Rome to Naples and Pompeii - Private Tour is hosted by Get Your Tour & Tickets. Read reviews, discover additonal experiences or contact Get Your Tour & Tickets on Tripadvisor. Discover and book Daily Tour from Rome to Naples and Pompeii - Private Tour on Tripadvisor
- If you have questions about this tour or need help making your booking, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 9208P49
Reserve your spot
- You'll get picked upSee departure details
- 1Pompeii Archaeological ParkStop: 2 hours - Admission excludedSee details
- 2City of NaplesStop: 2 hours - Admission includedSee details
- 3Castel dell'OvoStop: 60 minutes - Admission includedSee details
- You'll return to the starting point
About the operator
Get Your Tour & Tickets
Rome, Lazio, Italy
Joined in February 2020
#225 of 408 Outdoor Activities in Rome
- John B00Gallery good, ticket arrangements awfulThe gallery was amazing with great sculptures and paintings. We were sent vouchers to redeem and no-one turned up to give out the tickets. I had to phone TripAdvisor who wrongly said we were emailed them. We finally got in 30 minutes late in a very stressful state. I will be complaining
- 458stewarte00very disappointingthe video is not that impressive. and it didn’t work well. also, the web site does not tell you that there is a family rate - half price. the staff agreed the web site overcharges, but refused to give a refund. very disappointing overall.
- 674dorlel00Fascinating history tourDecided to do the VR experience at Circo Massimo which brought the whole site to life exploring the very beginning of the area and explaining how it was developed by the Roman's to a magnificent arena for racing chariots. There are some ruins but the VR made it all come to life. If you enjoy history, this is highly recommended and good value for money. The whole tour takes about 45 minutes.
- kristimF620RL00DON’T BOOK HERE! Unreliable, you’ll miss out…DO NOT BOOK THROUGH TRIP ADVISOR FOR THIS MUSEUM! It’s through a third party vendor. We got there early, went to check in, no one was on-site so we had to call the number on the reservation. They “couldn’t find our reservation” and said that Trip Advisor didn’t send it over/“it got lost in the system.” They apologized for the error and there was nothing they could do. They also said this was frequent when booking through Trip Advisor. This was booked out over a month and we weren’t able to get in during our trip. I was able to find a number for the third party (Viator) and while they were sorry they said it wasn’t their error and there was nothing they could do. There is no way to talk to anyone through Trip Advisor and after getting the run around, their automated voice message said they do everything through online communication but no direct email either. I continued to get reminder emails after I booked all the way up to the day off. This is a total scam, and not reliable, DO NOT BOOK THROUGH TRIP ADVISOR! Book through the Museum site directly.
- D5759CLstephaniek00Fascinating 😍Wow. Been to Circo Massimo many many times and always tried to visualise how it was in its heyday. Not a lot of it left, but if you love history and love Rone..do this tour. It's second best option to time travel!! The visuals come up, but you can still see and hear some of 2023..surreal and absolutely fascinating. Best €12 I've spent here.
- SpanishStepsApt00Interesting experienceLocated at the foot of the Palatine Hill, this was ancient Rome’s largest chariot-racing stadium. We did the “augmented and virtual reality Circus Maximus Experience” located at the East end of the circus where the little medieval tower is located; the tour is 12 euros well spent, quite interesting and well done, and takes you from ancient Rome through the modern period in 8 "stops." You can also climb the little tower. Helpful staff. Note that you must leave an ID for the rental of the virtual reality goggles, they accepted my old driver's license. We were lucky there was also a little group of historical re-enactors (Roman soldiers, etc.) at the site today.
- Robert A00Worse than expectedWorst VR experience ever had. Headphone jacks are broken. Visuell effects are old. Steady pictures. No strap on the vr glasses so you have to hold them all the time. Cannot recommend.
- melissacB6842WO00AccommodatingThis company is great! Super accommodating! Lost ticket and they sent another copy right away! Thank you so much!
- Jill C00Quick run through the Vatican MuseumOur tour guide, Gabrielle, was knowledgeable and very friendly, but our group was too large, and we moved too fast to really see things. There is the option to stay after and explore more, but not with the guide. If you want to say, “I’ve been to the Vatican museum and Sistine Chapel,” this tour will work for you. Plan to stay longer or take a longer tour if you want to go more in depth.
- MikeBermud00TerribleThis is a SCAM. DO NOT BUY TICKETS FROM HERE. Bought tickets and showed up 20 minutes early. Waited around until 3:05 and no one ever showed up. This is a scam, I will be getting my money back from either TripAdvisor or the bank. Extremely aggravating.
- Richard B00Total scam through Trip Advisor. Don’t book with Trip Advisor.We spent $300 for a tour of the Vatican that did not exist. This was booked through Trip Advisor. I assume Trip Advisor was in on the scam since they have not issued a refund. Do not book any tours on Trip Advisor since they are selling tours that do not exist. We showed up at the correct time and place and the tour agent did not have our names. She said “this happens all the time with Trip Advisor”. Total scam.
- 119sonyao00Absolutely dreadfulIt's was awful, it is a con. They give you an address as a pick up in an email. It takes you to a place in a back street that's closed , hotel across the way say they don't see it open atall. I had to pay for tickets and services again. DO NOT BUY FROM HERE ITS A CON!!
- SamanthaVanderpuye00Great Vatican experience!The tour guide Faby was really nice and knowledgable and made the experience lively. Communication was really good, as the tour operators called to let us know about the change of meeting point and to help direct us. I felt it should be clearer on trip advisor that you are only paying for the guide and not entry. In addition, you don’t need to pay to enter the Basilica, so it is a little misleading that it says entry is included with this purchase. Otherwise we had a good time - loads of walking, so wear comfy shoes!
- izumifilo00They simply stood us upReservation confirmed 3 times (2 mails and 1 SMS) by the organiser has not been respected. We went to the pick up point 30 min before to be sure, we searched everywhere, asked a lot of people, called more than 10 times to the only phone number written on the reservation sheet, sent a lot of messages via the link on our reservation.... No answer until 1h30 after the starting time of the visit, and the answer we receive is a simple cancellation of the reservation without explanation. They paid me back two days later. But not informing us in time that our reservation has not been honoured is unacceptable! On the same day 4 hours later, we received another email in which they say that unfortunately, their local tour operator has just informed them that due to ticketing restrictions related to the Covid-19 health crisis, they would not be able to get tickets before one week. As a result, they have had to cancel the ticket on the date we booked. It's not acceptable not to be able to communicate us at least before the appointment time so that we don't have to suffer stress and disappointment after making the trip to the venue???? I will never order from them again.
- customer_abcd00Swindler and Scammers!! run as far as possible from this deler!Scammers. After the purchase you will receive an email with the message that the ticket has to be picked up from the Sistine Chapel in 10 minutes. But there is nobody there. Then you get a new address where again nobody is. - The tickets are bought from the dealers at the entrance in the Sistine Chapel and cost no more than 17 EUR / piece without a guide. - It is best to buy online a week in advance via the Vatican homepage! After paying via PayPal, you will receive an e-mail about the receipt of payment, but no ticket. One hour before the admission, I received another email from this dealer that the payment had been "canceled", which is not true.
Buy it with
Daily Tour from Rome to Naples and Pompeii - Private Tour provided by Get Your Tour & Tickets
Product Overview: Daily Tour from Rome to Naples and Pompeii - Private Tour
Number of Photos