An in depth visit in the heart of Rome to discover the features of a timeless town. Tiber River, Jewish Ghetto, Tiber Island, Trastevere. Explore with a passionate guide the major attractions of the Eternal Town, and see the back streets of Rome which few tourists get to know.
Start time: Check availability
Live guide: English, Italian, French, Spanish
- Licensed Guide
- Entry/Admission - Trastevere
- Entry/Admission - Isola Tiberina
- Entry/Admission - Antico Quartiere Ebraico
- Departure details
- Traveler pickup is offered.
- Pick up from the hotel
- Piazza Trilussa, 00153 Roma RM, Italy The Guide will have a sign with your name written on
- Piazza Mattei, 00186 Roma RM, Italy near Turtle fountain's
If you have questions about accessibility, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 170946P1
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- If you have questions about this tour or need help making your booking, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 170946P1
- You'll start atPiazza TrilussaOr, you can also get picked upSee departure details
- 1TrastevereStop: 100 minutes - Admission includedSee details
- 2Isola TiberinaStop: 20 minutes - Admission includedSee details
- 3Ghetto EbraicoStop: 80 minutes - Admission includedSee details
- You'll end atPiazza MatteiPiazza Mattei, 00186 Roma RM, Italynear Turtle fountain'sSee address & details
About the operator
Rome, Lazio, Italy
Joined in June 2011
#933 of 1,911 Tours & Activities in Rome
- Tapan C00Italy TourWonderful experience. Argiletum tour is so professional. Every move was immaculately planned for us.We are going to recommend all our family members.
- divafran4600Day Tour of Florence and Pisa from MilanWe took the Day Trip to Florence and Pisa from Milan on Friday, September 28 and I would like to provide some feedback. We were under the impression that it was all one tour but when we got to the museum in Florence the guide told us the Pisa tour was separate. Because the Florence tour was behind schedule and we had to wait so long to get into the museum we could not stay for the Duomo portion. Then we had to hurry and take a taxi back to the bus station) to start the Pisa tour. Our guide was from CAF Tours. I don't remember her name. My traveling companion has a bad back and couldn't keep up with the guide. She never stopped to see if the group was together and eventually lost us completely. We were completely on our own the whole time we were in Pisa. We never saw the guide or any of our group again until we reached the meeting point at the end of the tour. Again, she just went on ahead of us back to where the bus was parked. Also, the bus driver never offered any assistance to people getting off the bus. On every tour I've ever been on the driver always assists the passengers. The communication about this tour was terrible. Nowhere did I see that the two tours were separate and because the Florence portion was late to start we missed the Duomo and had to rush to make the Pisa tour in time. The guide and bus driver received no tip from us. They didn't deserve it. I am very disappointed in how this tour was handled. It wasn't worth the money.
- jwberezi00Custom Rome EngagementI worked with Manuela to create a custom tour which included guide, photographer, and driver where I surprised my now fiancé with a proposal on the Ponte Sant’Angelo. This tour group went above and beyond.
- stulimom00Five day/four night tour of Amalfi Coast and PugliaWe were so pleased to find this tour company (a.k.a Gartour.....not Argiletum) as they provided the perfect tour for us to see the Amalfi Coast (and Pompeii) and two nights in Puglia. Puglia doesn't have very good transportation options from Rome or the Amalfi Coast so we were pleased with this combination of sights. We even were able to reconnect with relatives in Puglia in the evening while in Castellana. And the little towns of Puglia offered a lot to see! The tour days were very LONG.....basically about 11 hours long with lots of time on the bus between sights. And the bus ride was a bit bumpy throughout since the roads in Puglia weren't that great to get to the towns of Alberobello, Ostuni, Lecce, Castellana and Matera. The hotel in Castellana wasn't that great as no one enjoyed their included food much. But the hotel in Sorrento.....the Grand Hotel Vesuvio.......was great though they gave us the back rooms facing the gardens instead of the ocean view. But you get so much for your money on this tour beginning with the big bus ride from Rome and tour of Naples and touring Pompeii (both with a local English speaking guide). We actually had the same two English speaking tour guides on our entire trip which was nice plus they added local people for certain sites. We stayed at a fantastic hotel in Sorrento though with the long touring days you don't get to enjoy the big pool unless you hurry to get in before 6 pm. But the day long boat trip to Capri and up on a minibus to Anacapri was the best! We loved that local guide Marco and loved the shopping in Anacapri or you could take the chairlift ride up to the very top (I let my husband do that while I shopped!). The tours left you ample free time in each place for grabbing a lunch and/or shopping and each of the tours was perfectly timed considering how much ground this 5 day tour had to cover. We highly recommend it. We also recommend having them take you back to Sorrento at the end of the tour instead of going back to Rome to stay several more days on your own when you can take a good boat tour to Positano and Amalfi and relax a little after the hectic 4 days! We suggest the less expensive Hotel Carlton when you're on your own. There's a fair amount of walking on this tour which can be hot and tiring in the hot summer months but well worth the effort.
- Joao V00Italy Vacation 2017Dear Tour Provider .. I just want to express my gratitude on the services you provided me and my family .. you were some of the most professional and experienced tour providers I have dealt with and your services were as advertised and your Tour Guides in Rome, Venice were the most professional and knowledgeable people I have ever had the pleasure of dealing with .. Needless to say I was very happy and satisfied with your services and will be recommending you to our travel Agency .. I CANNOT THANK YOU ENOUGH … we are already thinking of going back ? and you will definitely be on our list to call ?
- SECTigers9800Great Day Tour from Rome to Florence/ PisaWe scheduled a day trip to Florence from Rome several months ago. We received our confirmation and documents, promptly, including our roundtrip train tickets, vouchers, etc. When we arrived in Florence, our tour guide was immediately waiting for us literally almost right outside the train with a clearly marked sign with our name on it. She had excellent English, and was most informative in showing us around Florence. She hit the highlights of the city between 9-12, we saw a lot and a lot that we would like to go back to! Our tour included admission to the Academia Gallery, and we were thankful to have skip the line tickets as the line was quite long that day. We had about an hour for lunch on our own, and then met our tour guide for Pisa. The bus ride, tour and ride back were all very smooth. We again had about an hour and a half to grab a quick dinner in Florence before heading back on the train. I was impressed with the tour, it definitely made it easy for us to experience a small taste of Florence and pisa in one day from Rome. You are definitely paying for the ease of the experience, but it was well worth it. We took our kids (ages 12, 11, 7) and they all very much enjoyed this (long) day!
- andreazarichney00Florence day tourI was very upset by this Florence day tour. I was expecting more for the price we paid. The description of this tour is very deceiving. The description mentionned a half day tour of the city, which we expected 4-5 hours of touring with a guide. The guided tour was only 3 hours, which is in fact a third of the day. Plus, 6 hours of roaming the city by feet is way too long. Many of the places mentionned in the schedule were only mentionned and not described in detail. For example : the Baptistery, the Giotto’s Bell Tower, Santa Maria’s del Fiore Cathedral with its famous Brunelleschi’s Dome. These places should not be included in your description if they are not seen or explained. It should also be clearer that the tour guide is not called Argiletum tour, but Gartour city tour. The compagny name was not mentionned anywhere on any documents or by the people who assisted us today. It was very confusing for us and we were concerned by this. Overall, very disapointed ! Not worth it !
- Elizabeth B00Unprofessional office staff managing the bookingsI went to their website and booked a Colosseum and Ancient Rome Tour for a Wednesday morning. I received a email confirmation that the Colosseum and Ancient Rome tour was booked and paid for. The confirmation referenced the correct date and time. Then I received an email from their office saying that the Vatican morning tour wasn't available but asking if we would be available for an afternoon tour. So I emailed them backed saying that I had booked the Colosseum tour and didn't want to see the Vatican and that we weren't available for the afternoon tour anyway. Then I get an email saying that Vatican tour was cancelled, that there would no charge for it on my credit card and asking me to pay for the Colosseum tour. As I had already paid and could see the transaction on my credit card, I ignored this email. Then I received a voucher with a description of the meeting place and time. The meeting time is 8:45 AM and the tour start time is 9 AM. The first booking confirmation email contained a map with a location marker on it. So on the scheduled date, we go to the location on the map and start looking for the Gartour sign where we are supposed to meet the guide. We don't see it anywhere. There are lots of groups meeting at this location so we run around looking for our group. There is an upper and lower level so we check both. But this point it is after 9 AM so we give up trying to find the group and go and have a coffee. While we are having the coffee, I double check the voucher and realize that the map location marker is not the meeting location which is about 500m away. So we go to the meeting location but of course the group isn't there as it is close to 10 AM. In all fairness, I assumed that the location marker on the map that was emailed to me was the meeting point which meant we were in the wrong place at the wrong time. My assumption was wrong. I should have put the meeting point into google maps and then I would have seen the difference. However, I am still giving the company one star because of the weird emails about tours that I didn't book not being available, their email asking me to pay when I had paid already and the confusing map location marker. Their tour guides might be very good (I have no way of knowing) but their office staff is terrible.
- Stevelizhangjun00Day trips to Venice and Florence as a family of 9...We pre-booked two tours with Argiletum tours online for our family holiday of 9. One unguided tour to Venice and a semi private guided tour to Florence. The unguided tour of Venice really only provided value in three ways. 1. They picked us up which in hindsight as with the second tour we could have easily taken a taxi to the train station for E10/car. The return trip was excluded from the tour cost anyway. 2. They pre-booked the train tickets but again once at the station it seems quite easy to purchase your own tickets albeit the queues can be quite long. 3. We prepurchased tickets for. gondola ride at a set time. Which again negated queuing up so saved some hassle. However in hindsight we could have arranged this ourselves had we known. For the day trip to Florence we had to make our own arrangements to again meet the train which again Argiltum tours had prepurchased tickets for. We were met in Florence by our guide and walked the tour Which was very interesting and good value. We had added the tickets to the Accademia Galleria to see Michelangelo David. Which again saved a lot of time queuing for tickets. We again added the trip to Pisa as part of the day tour which was run by a different operator. The trip to Pisa involves a 1 hr 15 min coach ride to and from Pisa. Our tour excluded entry to the building but for us this was okay we wanted to wander around unaided. As a first time visitor to Rome Venice and Florence these trips not wanting the hassle of arranging our own tours these tours were ok. But they are not cheap and perfect for us but I would not spend the money if and when we revisit or on a tight budget.
- Mark P00Day Trip to Naples and Pompeii from RomeVery disappointed that there was no time spent in Naples except 10 minute leg stretch for photos at shore. No opportunity to experience Naples except from seat of bus. No walking tour or highlight tour. Short stop at Cameo factory was nice but rushed. Very nice lunch at New Pompeii village but no time to meander or shop. Pompeii ruins coordination was chaos and confusing. Once we got our guide it was again a brisk tour, no dust will gather on you for sure. No time to look around. You could easily spend a day here. Crowded and hard to take photos and keep up. Bus ride home was long with one stop. We arrived in Rome at about 9:00pm rather than 7-7:30., so it was a very late dinner with exhaustion for dessert!!! Should have been better coordinated and a map with highlights provided. Overall disappointed. Recommend a full day in Pompeii as there is much to see.. Pompeii in itself is a must see. A good English speaking tour guide and map is of much value.
- tpatel_78500Venice Day tripWe paid about $600 USD for a day trip from rome to venice by a speed train. Our private tour guide met us at the train station and he was very knowledgeable guide and very entertaining and informative. The only thing was he was with us for 2 hrs and then we were on our own in a foreign city and had to be back to the train station on our own too which was a bit nerve wrecking and at that price we paid should have been with us the whole day! Also we advanced pay for a gondola ride and assumed we would be on our own gondala ride which we weren't we had to share it with other tour company and there customers! My wife and I were very disappointed and should of just paid when we got there and would of had our own private gondola ride. But in all a very organized trip with a nice guide just wish we had the guide longer with us and a private gondola ride especially since we came on our honeymoon!
- Happyfamilyever00semi escorted tripWe had booked a semi-escorted trip. Correspondence with Piera was smooth and she was always available to answer my many queries. During the trip, assistance was provided to ease communication and every thing was planned to what we had expected. One of the guides, Irene, who was with us for several days, was also very patient with us. We did not book any other day tours with other companies, hence am not able to compare tour content. However, given that we had a smooth and safe trip throughout the 7 days with the company, I would recommend the company to those looking at having private group tours.
- Adbjj00Terrible companyWe booked our early morning beat the crowd Vatican Tour months ago. 3 days before we are due to go on the tour they email me to say my tour is cancelled and they will put me with another larger group no early access and missing entering certain rooms. They said I could contact Expedia for a refund but I was worried I wouldn't get my money back and be able to book with another company in time. We were told 2 different locations to meet and after trying the first we rushed to the second to find it was some other tour company's office and surprise surprise they did not have any record of us!! After a phone call they added us to the tour but the whole experience was terrible.
- Michelle R00BewareWe have returned from Rome, fantastic city indeed with lovely people. Our experience of Argilteum Tours has left a bitter taste of our trip. We had prebooked a Colosseum Walking Tour inclusive of other surrounding sites, in September 2013. All documents printed off prior to departure to Rome. Arrival had to be outside the Argilteum Tour Office prior to departure of the tour at 2pm. Myself and husband duly arrived at around 1.35pm. Office in darkness but it is closed on a Saturday anyway. No other persons around. We waited until 1.50 pm and still no others arrived. We decided to leave a few minutes After 1.50pm thinking we had already missed the tour guide and group. Upon reaching Colosseum we asked at the ticket desk if our guide/group had arrived and had been admitted. Showed our vouchers to be told they were useless as the tour guide would need to have tickets issued by Colosseum in order to enter. We asked several other tour guides outside if they knew of the group; no-one did. We had no option but to book another guide company, Dolce Vita, at a further cost. May I say that the tour guides Philamena and Alex were amazing, highly recommend. I am still in dispute with Argilteum Tours as the tour guide was not there at designated time despite them saying they were and Expedia who recommended them. My advice, do not book with them.
- kanban2500Worst ever - beware do not use them!!!!I travel all around the world and this is the worst tour company experience ever! The driver picked us up late, then got lost so by the time we got to our hotel it was dark. The next day we got stranded by them half way through the tour! Then next day have us wrong location. And the final horrid experience was finished by checking my credit card to see they charged me twice. And after emails and calls they only refunded part of the money. And doesn't respond when contacted?! Truly frustrating !
Detailed Reviews: Reviews order informed by descriptiveness of user-identified themes such as cleanliness, atmosphere, general tips and location information.
Feb 2020 • Couples
Muy conformes con el tour por un día. Alessio nuestro guía con gran conocimiento de la historia y un gran conocimiento de nuestro idioma.Del día completo de actividad se utilizó solamente media hora para almorzar y el resto del día se fue a Museos Vaticanos,el Vaticano, Coliseo,etc, fuente de Trevi, plaza España,etc. Totalmente recomendable la empresa y el guía seleccionado
Written March 3, 2020
This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews as part of our industry-leading trust & safety standards. Read our transparency report to learn more.
Mucha gracias por el tiempo que nos ha dedicado, la opinión de nuestros clientes es indispensable. Lo importante es saber que disfrutó de su visita en Roma, y serà un placer para Alessio leer su comentarios. Espero que algun día vuelva a visitar nuestro País. Muy atentamente
Written March 4, 2020
This response is the subjective opinion of the management representative and not of Tripadvisor LLC.