per adult (price varies by group size)
Lowest price guaranteeReserve now & pay laterFree cancellation
Start time: Check availability
Live guide: English, Italian
What's not included
- All Fees and Taxes
- Skip-the-line Tickets
- Expert, English-speaking private guide
- Headsets (for groups of 6 or more)
- Entry/Admission - Palazzo Doria Pamphilj
- Transportation to and from the meeting and end points
- Food and beverages
- Gratuities (optional)
- Departure details
- Via del Corso, 305, 00186 Roma RM, Italy Your guide will meet you in front of Galleria Pamphilj. They will have a Through Eternity sign or flag.
- Piazza del Popolo, Roma RM, Italy
If you have questions about accessibility, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 31810P39
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Most travelers can participate
- As this is a walking tour through the city centre of Rome, including a museum and various churches, comfortable walking shoes and a bottle of water are strongly recommended.
- Please advise if any travelers have mobility concerns so that we can best accommodate you.
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- Which attractions will I visit with Private Caravaggio in Rome Tour: Gorgeous Experience of Art?
- During this experience, places you will visit include:Discover and book Private Caravaggio in Rome Tour: Gorgeous Experience of Art on Tripadvisor
- How much is Private Caravaggio in Rome Tour: Gorgeous Experience of Art?
- Private Caravaggio in Rome Tour: Gorgeous Experience of Art price starts from $330.81. Discover and book Private Caravaggio in Rome Tour: Gorgeous Experience of Art on Tripadvisor
- What is the Private Caravaggio in Rome Tour: Gorgeous Experience of Art cancellation policy?
- Private Caravaggio in Rome Tour: Gorgeous Experience of Art cancellation policy: For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Discover and book Private Caravaggio in Rome Tour: Gorgeous Experience of Art on Tripadvisor
- Which company provides Private Caravaggio in Rome Tour: Gorgeous Experience of Art?
- Private Caravaggio in Rome Tour: Gorgeous Experience of Art is hosted by Through Eternity Tours. Read reviews, discover additonal experiences or contact Through Eternity Tours on Tripadvisor. Discover and book Private Caravaggio in Rome Tour: Gorgeous Experience of Art on Tripadvisor
- If you have questions about this tour or need help making your booking, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 31810P39
Reserve your spot
- You'll start atVia del Corso, 305Via del Corso, 305, 00186 Roma RM, ItalyYour guide will meet you in front of Galleria Pamphilj. They will have a Through Eternity sign or flag.See address & details
- 1Church of St. Louis of the FrenchStop: 30 minutesSee details
- 2Chiesa di Santa Maria del PopoloStop: 30 minutesSee details
- 3Palazzo Doria PamphiljStop: 60 minutes - Admission includedSee detailsPass byFontana Dei Leoni Egizi
- You'll end atPiazza del PopoloPiazza del Popolo, Roma RM, ItalySee address & details
About the operator
Through Eternity Tours
Rome, Lazio, Italy
#214 of 1,906 Tours & Activities in Rome
- eilsstead00Guia Grandi was the most incredible tour guide ever!Guia was a fantastic tour guide. There wasn’t one question that she couldn’t answer. She was so informative, funny and incredibly knowledgeable on the subject matter. We would do a thousand more tours with her.
- prehders00Impressive siteThe tour is organised by Through Eternity and there was a guide, but the tour inside the Domus Aurea is led by a guide of the site itself. And that is a small problem. The Domus itself is very impressive and to think about it 2000 years ago is mind blowing. In the center of the modern site, the octagonal room, there is a temporary exhibition about the relation of Nero and the romans with Egypt, which is interesting for some people (like me), but the guides are supposed to talk endlessly about it, and that’s not why we all were there. So it remains little time for the Domus itself, and that’s a pity. A highlight is the 3D virtuell Modell of one of the rooms.
- prehders00Amazing experience!I had a gorgeous tour with my tour guide Maria, who had an excellent knowledge a could answer all my questions without hesitation. I highly recommend the private tours, even though they are quite expensive, but the depth of the experience is insane! Palazzo Altemps is very impressive and I would never have gone there on my own. The tour of Castel Sant Angelo was fantastic, too, because I’m very interested in history and could ask very specific questions, which were all answered!
- PickyTraveler196500Comprehensive and informative with tremendous art and history.History and art help to inform our future paths. I have always wanted to visit the seat of Catholicism , as an intellectual and a Jewish girl, who grew up in a Catholic neighborhood . The art collection is unparalleled, and filling my water bottle at the Vatican felt special. Fellow tour mates whom were Catholic were truly awed and even emotional.
- PickyTraveler196500Smooth reservation and comprehensive tour with well matched participantsOur tour was fantastic from start to finish. The reservation, and confirmation process was smooth. The meeting point for the tour, was well planned by Through Eternity Tours, and our taxi driver had no issues with dropping us off at the exact location. We arrived early, to a quiet cafe just a short walk from the Colosseum, where there were excellent options for coffee and snacks, and a fountain nearby to fill our water bottles from. Our tour guide, Inga arrived a few minutes early and introduced herself to us. We were well matched with the tour participants, engineers, professor , retired chef , all easy going mid westerners at heart. I live in VT, but am originally from the Chicago area. Inga came prepared with many interesting anecdotes, and a well worn, supplemental guide book with images of how things looked at the time of the gladiators, and supporting points of interest, including some of the “gruesome”, ones, which she asked us if we wanted to hear about, prior to sharing. We all wanted the “deets”, details. Inga, gave us a truly comprehensive and interesting walk through the many aspects of the Colosseum tour, stopping for photography and checking in regarding our needs for the bathroom or water. We encountered rain , and a thunderstorm while touring, and we all felt secure with our guide as the lead. She even offered her personal umbrella ! One of our tour participants had some post surgical foot issues, and Inga always gave options for stairs, ramp, or where available an elevator. Appropriate footwear is critical to enjoying this tour and others. Uneven ground, ancient marble paths, steep stairs and various textures require good shoes . I would highly recommend Through Eternity for this tour, and our delightful tour guide Inga. We tipped her and thanked her for comprehensive knowledge of the history, and her thoughtful guidance of our group.
- L6482GCandreap00Inga is the bestWe booked the underground tour after we had been denied the same from the group we travelled with on our vacation. We met Inga at our location and to our surprise we had her to ourselves for the day. She is incredibly knowledgeable and made sure she customized the tour to our knowledge level so we could maximize our experience. She had access to restricted spaces throughout the tour to make it that much better. I don’t think there is a better way to experience the Colosseum and I would highly recommend Inga with Through Eternity Tours.
- Kevin H00Excellent tour with an excellent guide.Our guide ( an archaeologist) was excellent. Very knowledgeable and explained everything in depth. He was considerate in the way he made sure everyone could keep up. I wish I could remember his name. We did the 14th November tour.
- Tour5949449806400Vatican tourOur tour guide was very thorough and did a wonderful job explaining so many aspects of the tour before, during and after.
- Tour5949449806400Roman Highlights atTtwilightCovered many beautiful fountains and monuments. Ahmed was insightful and a good historian. Added bonus of gelato and restaurant tips.
- cuflo00The Vatican-The Basilica & Sistine ChapelThrough eternity Tours did a nice job getting our group in and through each area, she took charge effortlessly! Check in at meeting point was a little crazy as it was raining hard. Our guide got us in and up close to subjects being discussed, it was all so mind-blowing and incredible. Do not miss this and see everything
- possummom1800THROUGH ETERNITY, WORST TOUR GUIDE EVERWorst tour guide EVER! Maria Letizia was opinionated, she HATES Michelangelo, had the audacity to say "The popes did not want him to paint the chapel, he was broke and had to" She offered very few dates, facts, history, but had an opinion on everything. Not sure where Through Eternity Tours found Maria Letizia, but I doubt she is truly a trained guide...maybe they found someone on the street and were desperate to hire someone for our tour. We have toured and travelled the world for 40 years, this was by far, the WORST TOUR EVER!!
- X840JKwayned002300 years back in timeOnce again TE delivered on its promises. Everything on time and all well arranged. We ended up with a private tour guide for just the two of us for the entire tour because the other group did not show
- X840JKwayned00AmazingIt was everything we expected it to be. TE gets you in before the general public This is the way to see the incredible place
- X840JKwayned00Amazing TimeTE did everything they said they would. Timing was right on and we avoided the lineup to get in because we were on a tour with them. Great day
- mariegracel202300Everything was great other than our tour guides attitudeOur tour guide Amanda Karr was extremely informative and really squeezed in a lot of quirky information throughout the tour. But I feel that I should be transparent as our tour from the beginning was tainted by her attitude. I have never had such an unprofessional interaction from a guide ever. As soon as we met our tour guide we had a negative interaction and impression that made a lot of the beginning of the tour extremely uneasy for my family and I, that we hung back and felt as we were walking on eggshells around her and could not ask her questions. We were the last of the group to check in and was directed to Amanda for our headsets. My fiancé approached her first to ask for a headset and her demeanor immediately changed, as she told us to calm down and be patient since we just arrived. We were all taken a back and then she started to exclaim how ‘we’ were all so angry towards her. I was genuinely confused so I asked her ‘who was being angry towards her’ and she then spoke up claiming ‘everyone was.’ Still confused and now looking around at everyone else in the group—who are all next to us and have heard our interaction, everyone seemed shifty and awkward as she stormed off. We were all justifiably quiet after that, and when she started the tour and began to ask us all questions we were all still quite and seemingly effected by her previous attitude. She then became visibly upset since we were now all silent and she sarcastically said along the line that we should all stay quiet and she’ll just show us some paintings then. I truthfully thought we were being singled out, but I was later comforted halfway through the tour by a few of our fellow tour goers that she treated everyone prior to us in that negative/passive aggressive manner while handing out headsets. My family and I unfortunately got the worse interaction at the end. On top of all the of that, I respect any guides personal opinion whenever they would open up. But it became a bit distasteful and unprofessional when she would discuss some Catholic practices and traditions in a sarcastic tone opposed to a respectful factorial state. I respect making a little joke to entertain us but constantly questioning and laughing about age old practices is quite disrespectful.
Detailed Reviews: Reviews order informed by descriptiveness of user-identified themes such as cleanliness, atmosphere, general tips and location information.
Oct 2023 • Friends
The tour was supposed to show us at least 5 Caravaggio paintings at multiple sites. We were not told that one site was no longer available for us to go to prior to the tour. At another site we could only stay for a few minutes as it was closing so we didn’t see all the paintings. I am disappointed that the tour guide didn’t do her homework with regard to organising the time better. She did refund us money, however, this does not make up for the fact that I will never have the opportunity to see these paintings again.
Written October 28, 2023
This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews as part of our industry-leading trust & safety standards. Read our transparency report to learn more.
Buy it with
Private Caravaggio in Rome Tour: Gorgeous Experience of Art provided by Through Eternity Tours
Product Overview: Private Caravaggio in Rome Tour: Gorgeous Experience of Art
Number of Reviews
Number of Photos