Recommended by 100% of travelers
Select Date and Travelers
(Price varies by group size)
Select tour language
Low Price GuaranteeNo Booking Fees
- You'll start atPiazzale Ostiense, 5Piazzale Ostiense, 5, 00154 Roma RM, ItalyIn front of "M" Metro sign (facing the Station, the one to the right) Directions: The closest metro stop to your meeting point is: Piramide (Line B)See address & details
- 1Parco Archeologico di Ostia AnticaStop: 3 hours - Admission includedOstia Antica is one of the most amazing archaeological sights that many tourists overlook. See a near complete Roman town, rich in Temples, mosaics, frescoes and Bathhouses.Read more
- You'll end atPiazzale Ostiense, 5Piazzale Ostiense, 5, 00154 Roma RM, ItalyIn front of "M" Metro sign (facing the Station, the one to the right) Directions: The closest metro stop to your meeting point is: Piramide (Line B)See address & details
Piazzale Ostiense, 5, 00154 Roma RM, Italy
Returns to original departure point
- Skip-the-line admission
- Full tour from an expert guide
- Headsets for groups of 6 or more
- Languages: English, French, Spanish, Arabic, Russian, Italian, German, Japanese, Chinese, Portuguese
- Train tickets to and from Rome
- Entry/Admission - Parco Archeologico di Ostia Antica
- Guaranteed to skip the lines
- Food and drinks
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- As this site is external, we recommend to dress accordingly for the then predicted weather conditions
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.
Time of year
You can read on for more about the why but just trust me that if you've been to Rome or not at some point you'll be sick of the tourists, the traffic, the touts. That's the moment to go on this tour. Maybe 45 minutes in total to get there (So the same as you do getting around…
Response from G T, Manager at Ostia Antica Private Tour: from Rome by Train
Responded Mar 23, 2019
Dear DavidCC_3, Thank you for your review of our Ancient Ostia Private Tour - you definitely understood what is special about this huge archaeological area - it's full of history, very close and easy to reach from Rome City Center and it has nothing to envy to its most famous counterpart: Pompeii! We are very glad to hear your enjoyed the visit of Ostia Antica with our Tour Guide and we hope you will cherish the memory of this trip for a long time!
Write a review
What was your experience like?
Share your best travel photo
Let the world see your experience through your eyes.
Get quick answers
Ask fellow travelers and attraction managers your top questions.
About the operator
This experience only has a few reviews, but you can read what other travelers have to say about the operator.
By: Roma Experience Tours
Best way to see Rome is with a tour guide
The tour of the ancient city and the Coliseum was excellent. We had one of the best tour guides. She was previous…
Enjoyed the close up look inside and outside of the Colosseum. The forum and Palatine hill was also enjoyable. Fr…
A guided tour is the best way to see the Colosseum and Roman Forum
I knew that I wanted to see the Colosseum and Roman Forum, but wasn’t sure if I should go on my own or with a guide…
Had a wonderful time on this tour and didn’t have to queue for it. Vincenzo was an incredibly knowledgable guide an…
Vatican tour with Santi, small group
We were told this would be a group of no more than 10 and it turned out to be 8. Santi was an excellent host and ma…
Private Tour of Colosseum and Forum
It was definitely worth the price to book a private tour. Francesca M, our tour guide, was amazing. We spent a wond…
Very good guide (Elisa). She answered all the question, well informed and entertaining. Well worth the money.
A little bit rushed and not always easy to hear because of so many other people. Overall though it was good.
Maria gave my wife and I a thoroughly enjoyable, personal, informed and educational tour. She was able to focus on…
This tour was great! I found the catacombs fascinating and Beatrice was incredibly knowledgeable on both the cataco…
This tour was good. Vincenzo our guide made the first part of the tour very interesting and he was very knowledgeab…
Colisseum underground small group tour
Excellent tour, the tour guide was very knowledgeable, only had six people in our group, got lots of personal atten…
Awesome guide and service
This was our first time in Rome. The Vatican was amazing. The tours were on point. We had a wonderful time. Very…
We had Elisa for our tour of only 4 people! The small group size was a great addition. She was extremely informativ…
Colosseum underground tour
Francesca was our guide and she did an excellent job of sharing the deep history associated with the Colosseum, Pal…
- Duration: 4h
- Mobile Ticket Accepted
- Instant Confirmation
- Languages Offered: English, Arabic, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Russian, Spanish
Why Book on Tripadvisor?
- Low Price Guarantee
- No Booking Fees
- Secure Payments
- 24/7 SupportCall:+1 855 275 5071
Popular: Booked by 220,018 travelers!
Popular: Booked by 33,994 travelers!
Popular: Booked by 16,568 travelers!
Frequently Asked Questions about Ostia Antica Private Tour: from Rome by Train
How much is Ostia Antica Private Tour: from Rome by Train?
Ostia Antica Private Tour: from Rome by Train price starts from $227.95. Discover and book Ostia Antica Private Tour: from Rome by Train on Tripadvisor
What is the Ostia Antica Private Tour: from Rome by Train cancellation policy?
Ostia Antica Private Tour: from Rome by Train cancellation policy: For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Discover and book Ostia Antica Private Tour: from Rome by Train on Tripadvisor
Which company provides Ostia Antica Private Tour: from Rome by Train?
Ostia Antica Private Tour: from Rome by Train is hosted by Roma Experience Tours. Read reviews, discover additonal experiences or contact Roma Experience Tours on Tripadvisor. Discover and book Ostia Antica Private Tour: from Rome by Train on Tripadvisor
How much time do I need for Ostia Antica Private Tour: from Rome by Train?
On average, this experience will take approximately 4h. Discover and book Ostia Antica Private Tour: from Rome by Train on Tripadvisor