Visit the most beautiful castles and gardens of Rome and discover the heritage of aristocratic families.
Start time: Check availability
What's not included
- Hotel pick-up - drop offs
- Entry/Admission - Castello Orsini
- Entry/Admission - Castello Ruspoli
- Departure details
- Traveler pickup is offered.
- We offer pickup in Rome from all the accommodation within the Aurelian Walls.
- Hotel pickup is offered. View the hotel list on our checkout page to see if yours is included among the pickup points.
If you have questions about accessibility, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 12855P122
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Infant seats available
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Private Tour
- Comfortable walking shoes are recommended
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- Which attractions will I visit with Roman Castles and Gardens?
- During this experience, places you will visit include:Discover and book Roman Castles and Gardens on Tripadvisor
- How much is Roman Castles and Gardens?
- Roman Castles and Gardens price starts from $1,043.74. Discover and book Roman Castles and Gardens on Tripadvisor
- What is the Roman Castles and Gardens cancellation policy?
- Roman Castles and Gardens cancellation policy: For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Discover and book Roman Castles and Gardens on Tripadvisor
- Which company provides Roman Castles and Gardens?
- Roman Castles and Gardens is hosted by Romaetravel. Read reviews, discover additonal experiences or contact Romaetravel on Tripadvisor. Discover and book Roman Castles and Gardens on Tripadvisor
- If you have questions about this tour or need help making your booking, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 12855P122
This product is unavailable to book via Tripadvisor.Explore other options
- You'll get picked upSee departure details
- 1Castello OrsiniStop: 3 hours - Admission includedSee details
- 2Castello RuspoliStop: 2 hours - Admission includedSee details
- You'll return to the starting point
About the operator
Rome, Lazio, Italy
Joined in February 2014
#94 of 651 Transportation in Rome
- JDrisk00Didn’t happenI had reserved two spots for the trip to Pisa from Rome. The night before the trip, I received an email and text from the company letting me know that there weren’t enough people to make the trip so it was canceled. They did try to rebook us on a different day but unfortunately we couldn’t. I was glad they gave me some kind of notice of cancellation.
- B5452ZLlizh00Good guideA bit expensive for a few stops with few entrances to sites included... but the guide Luisa was knowledgeable and fun.
- Jessica C00Dissapointment tourNot happy. Starting with the pick up point and the miscommunication between the company and driver of where to pick up tourist at designated meeting point. everything in this tour was rushed, the car ride was long and the driving was very fast, to the point where I became car sick. We arrived to Pisa and were only given an hour to explore independently. It wasn’t enough time. After continued to Florence, there we met with a local tour guide and it was also rushed. we were only given 1 hour to tour with the guide, the highlights of the city. Then we had to meet with driver to drive back to Rome. We weren’t given free time, neither 2 hours as it stated to explore No time to either explore independently or time to eat. we only had a 10 min bathroom break going and another 10 break returning back at a rest stop by the highway ( we quickly used it to buy McDonald’s otherwise we would had been starving in an all day tour of about 10 hours and 8 of those hours consisted on sitting down driving on the road. It was nightmare of a trip. This trip was booked thru trip advisor and the Tour company goes under Romaetravel. So if you are interested research your tour operator as I don’t recommend this one.
- 60roxannes00Great ride to cruise dockDriver was friendly prompt and professional. Our ride to the dock was stress free and a great way to start our European holiday.
- Holly w00No call-No show! Avoid this place0 is not an selection but 100% the only answer. No show after booking through Expedia. Never confirmed trip. We have called, emailed and Expedia has done the same. Says phone is off. We had to pay a different company for the same tour and they were amazing. Even our driver today attempted to contact them and got the same message. Avoid this vendor!
- H7155SBashleyb00TerribleAwful experience definitely don’t book with them. The driver and the manager in charge were the most disrespectful personal ever. In addition they didn’t even want to follow the itinerary we paid for that’s listed on the page. Didn’t even inform us of any change in the itinerary. Worst excursion I have ever booked.
- jennamO3254KM00Disgusting organisationMy father and I booked for the Sunday, pick up time sent via email. Driver did not turn up. Complete waste of a day as everything else was booked out. Tried to call the driver, message, call trip advisor from our phones and hotel reception. Waited 1.5 hours with no one to show up. Money was refunded but no explanation or apologies. Won’t be using trip advisor or Viator again!
- davidlawrence1500Daytrip to Pompeii and PositanoThe travel was pretty long to and from the destination, which means that from Rome, one has to wake up and get to the meeting point as early as 6:30am and be back around 21:00. It was a long trip, which was pretty exhausting even more because of the high temperature. The main purpose of the trip (i thought) was Pompeii, but it seemed to have been the side trip because more time was spent for Positano which was not very enjoyable as the visit to there was all in a rush and the place was very crowded. The guide Natasha is very friendly and nice, though, and some of the landscape sceneries along the way are good.
- Melanie P00Not worth the time and the priceOur guides were lovely, but it was not worth the cost. We got on a bus at 7 am and returned to Rome at 8:45 pm. We stopped at the same tour bus rest stop for 15 minutes (bathrooms and food to purchase). We had just 2 hours in Pompeii. We did not see the whole of it. My son went in 2017 with EF tours and saw much more. We did not even get to go in the gift shop. The shuttle busses were more than a half hour late to take us to Positano, but we were not given that time at the other end. We had one hour and 15 minutes in the village. Barely enough time to walk down to the beach, take a couple of pictures, grab a lemon sorbet and walk back up. Of the nearly 14 hours, we had just 3 and a half hours at the destinations. I do not recommend this tour. I also never received an email from City Wonders to review our experience.
- Hunter O00Great Day!Was a super cool day trip while we were in Italy! The coast was amazing and the view was like no other. Had to book last minute as a different tour got canceled for unknown reasons but these guys were super accommodating and made sure things went off without a hitch for this one. Driver (who’s name I can’t remember) was super nice and helpful for the duration of the day. Thanks y’all!
- dlcg202300WORST EXPERIENCE AND COMPANY EVER!!!My experience with Romaetravel and Viator was so awful that I felt compelled to write a review to warn other travelers. I booked two private vans with Romaetravel through Viator to pick up our family at the Port of Rome and to take us to our hotel. We were a family of 8 traveling together so we needed two vans to fit us and our luggage. I sent multiple emails to Romaetravel to ensure they were going to send two vans and were going to pick us up at 12pm since we had another excursion booked, so it was vital for us to have a timely pick up (that's why we chose to book a private van). The day before the pick I emailed the company and confirmed they were going to have a sign with my name so I can make sure to know who our drivers were. They wrote me back confirming that the driver would have a sign with my name and two vans were going to pick us up at 12pm from the port. We got off the ship at 11:30am to make sure we were on time, waited till 12pm, waited till 12:15pm...no one showed up. The port was empty because everyone got off the ship by 9:30am, our family and another couple were the only ones at the port. Tried calling Romaetravel and their phone number wasn't valid, their website didn't work, so I called Viator to try and see if they could get a hold of the driver. Viator couldn't get a hold of them either. We were left stranded at the port and they had charged our credit card 3 days before so there wasn't anything we could do other than scramble and look for another transportation. By this time it was 12:44pm and no one ever showed up and we ended up having to pay for 2 vans. Since we were in contact with Viator, we told Viator that we would be requesting a refund since they were a no show and they requested a refund. To my surprise Romaetravel, denied my refund claiming their driver was there at 12:34pm and their only proof was a picture of someone else's name at the port at 12:34pm. I've tried fighting this but Romaetravel is lying and saying the driver was there on time. I have proof of the chats with Viator, yet they refuse to refund our money of >$600.00. Viator has asked me if I have any pictures of me being on the port at 12pm....REALLY??? Why in the world would I be taking pictures when I'm chatting with their customer service telling them to help locate the driver!! PLEASE DO YOURSELF A FAVOR AND AVOID BOOKING WITH THIS COMPANY.
- Cecilia S00Beautiful placesVery good places to go to see a little more of Italy in one day. Historical place combine w a beautiful views of Amalfi coast
- 837lakishah00Nice excursion but FlLTHY vehicle!!!!The experience overall was great. The only major issue was the driver’s vehicle was disgusting. It appeared to have not been cleaned ever. So it was a very uncomfortable 3 hr ride.
- Sabra B00Rome transfer from shipA perfect 10 plus. On time. Pleasant driver. Would definitely use them again. Awesome!. Nice clean car. Waiting for us when we got off the ship.
- Cruiser39136500Charming historical siteI would strongly recommend a guide and most importantly comfortable walking shoes. The site is a practical representation of ancient history, the society, economy, the architecture, the roads et al. Our guide was extremely knowledgeable and covered most of the major highlights in the allocated time.
Buy it with
Roman Castles and Gardens provided by Romaetravel
Product Overview: Roman Castles and Gardens
Number of Photos