Select Date and Travelers
Reserve Now & Pay Later
Low Price Guarantee
Admire Michelangelo’s famous frescoes the way they were meant to be seen, in peace and quiet, with an early-access tour of the Sistine Chapel. Avoid standing in lines that can stretch for hours, and step inside the sanctuary a full of 1.5 hours before it opens to the general public so you can fully appreciate the serenity of UNESCO-listed site. You'll also get to cut the queue for St. Peter's Basilica and explore its below-ground crypts.
- You'll start atViale VaticanoViale Vaticano, Roma RM, ItalyAt the bottom of the wide steps across the street from the entrance of the Vatican Museums. The steps are located between Caffè Vaticano and Hotel Alimandi Vaticano, on the corner of Viale Vaticano and Via Tunisi. Our City Wonders coordinators will be wearing blue City Wonders/Guideman polo shirts or jackets for easy recognition. The closest metro stop is on line A (red line): Ottaviano - Musei Vaticani. Arriving from Ottaviano - Musei Vaticani metro A station: When you step off the metro, exit the turnstiles, walk straight to the back of the station and go to the left-side exit. Once you've reached the left-side exit, go out on the side marked V.le Giulio Cesare (to your right). Leave the station and walk straight (west) down Viale Giulio Cesare (which turns into Via Candia) for 3 ½ blocks, crossing three junctions (1. Via Vespiano 2. Via Leona IV and 3. Via Santamaura) before getting to Via Tunisi, the fourth junction. Turn left down Via Tunisi and walk straight for a block. In front of you will be a set of wide steps with a handrail running down the center. Your meeting point is at the BOTTOM of these steps. In total, the walk from the metro station to the meeting point should take around 10 – 15 minutes. Arriving from St. Peter's Square: Facing St. Peter's Basilica from the center of piazza (near the obelisk), turn right (north) and exit the piazza through the columns. Follow the Vatican walls (which will always be on your left side) all the way around to the entrance of the Vatican Museums (the entrance is on the left as you go uphill on Viale Vaticano.) This walk should take around 15 – 20 minutes.See address & details
- 1Sistine ChapelStop: 60 minutes - Admission includedSee details
- 2St. Peter's BasilicaStop: 30 minutes - Admission includedSee details
- 3Vatican NecropolisStop: 30 minutes - Admission includedSee details
- You'll end atSaint Peter's SquarePiazza San Pietro, Città del Vaticano, Vatican CitySee address & details
- Get an early start to see the Sistine Chapel without getting jostled by crowds
- Enter 1.5 hours before it officially opens and 20 minutes before other early tour groups
- Save even more time with skip-the-line entry to St. Peter's Basilica
- Small-group tour capped at 15 so you'll hear all of your guide’s commentary
Viale Vaticano, Roma RM, Italy
Saint Peter's Square, Piazza San Pietro, Città del Vaticano, Vatican City
- Access to the Vatican Museums 15 minutes before other tour operators and 1 hour and 15 minutes before the general public
- Expert, English-speaking tour guide
- Skip the line to St Peter Basilica
- Visit to the Crypts beneath the Basilica
- Entry/Admission - Sistine Chapel
- Entry/Admission - St. Peter's Basilica
- Entry/Admission - Vatican Necropolis
- Hotel pick-up/drop-off
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- This service ends at St. Peter's Square at around 9:30 AM.
- Extra measures may be implemented at some venues due to heightened global security. As a result, we may experience delays in getting through mandatory security checks when entering these venues. Extra measures may also restrict the size of bags that can be brought inside. To avoid disruptions or possible denied entry, we strongly suggest that you avoid bringing large purses, bags, or backpacks on your tour. The Vatican only permits very small bags, and specifically prohibits large bags, tripods, umbrellas, and backpacks. Any such items must be checked into the free luggage storage area. The group will not be able to wait for those who need to check their baggage.
- This tour goes straight to the Sistine Chapel with no bathroom or water break to give you as much time as possible in the chapel. Please plan accordingly.
- This tour involves a fair amount of walking and stairs; comfortable shoes are recommended.
- We regret that we are unable to accommodate guests with wheelchairs or any impairments requiring special assistance. We are also unable to accommodate strollers or baby carriages on our group tours.
- Entrance into the Vatican requires a strict dress code. Knees and shoulders MUST be covered for both men and women.
- Non-flash photography is permitted throughout the tour, except in the Sistine Chapel where talking and photography are prohibited.
- Guided visits inside Saint Peter’s Basilica are not permitted in the early morning due to mass being held. Instead your guide will deliver a full commentary from the Basilica porch. From there, you will be free to enjoy the artworks within the Basilica at your own pace, meeting your guide after the visit.
- Saint Peter’s Basilica is subject to last-minute closures for religious ceremonies. When this occurs, we're happy to offer customers an extended tour of the Vatican Museums.
- The Basilica Crypts are subject to last minute closures for religious ceremonies. In this case, the guide will endeavor to inform the tour group of when the crypts will be accessible and clients who wish to spend more time in the Basilica to wait for the crypt to reopen are welcome to do so. In this case, the tour will conclude on the Basilica porch overlooking St. Peter’s square.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 20 travelers
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Time of year
We loved this informative fun time, our tour guide Federica was so knowledgeable about the sites we visited, we highly recommend this
Date of experience: December 2019
We loved the early access to the Sistine Chapel. It was very special to see it without the crowds. Definitely worth getting up early.
Soo many skip the lines to choose from. Some are $12 some are $500. After review we picked this one. First of all, let me tell you, you will wait half a day in line to get into the Sistine Chapel without some sort of skip the line ticket. We get there before it opens at a…
Date of experience: November 2019
The primary objective of this tour is to avoid the massive crowds and long lines that exist to get into the Vatican Museum, Sistine Chapel and St. Peter’s Basilica. The consequence of this is that you are very much rushed to get through the Vatican Museum so that you can be at…
Date of experience: October 2019
Yahuma was a wonderful guide. She was funny, knowledgeable and genuinely seemed to care about the work she was doing. We walked right in and had the best sunrise views of a nearly empty St. Peter’s Square.
Date of experience: October 2019
About the operator
Don’t take it from us – here’s what people have to say about this operator.
By: City Wonders
My friend and I, we really enjoyed our tour there. It was pretty professional. It also was so interesting and organ…
Good day trips
The day trip was just fantastic! The tour is well organized. They picked us up very centrally and the bus was comfo…
Great Halloween Activity!
We organized a group from work, and everyone had a ton of fun! We included co-workers, family members and even litt…
Tiffany was incredibly knowledgeable and extremely friendly. We had a fantastic time, she even managed to keep my 1…
Lots of really interesting information and Sarah was really friendly and welcoming. We practically had the Colosseu…
Evening ghost tour
The tour with Divan was excellent. He was very friendly and knowledgeable. My kids 10 and 12 thought it was brilli…
The tour was fantastic because our guide Francesca was simply outstanding. I have already given my comments regardi…
City Wonders Vatican Tour
Tiffany from City Wonders was AMAZING!!! She was very knowledgeable and shared so much history about the Vatican an…
Fantastic experience and definitely recommend to anyone.
Absolutely fantastic tour. Our City Wonders tour guide was amazing. Brilliant at pointing out all the hidden detail…
Firstly, a couple of critical points but they don't detract from a 5-star rating. The meeting point was given as 'b…
Vatican Tour - Exceptional
The tour guide, Maddalena, was a font of knowledge about the art in the Vatican museums as well as the history of t…
Colosseum Tour done well
Excellent from start to finish. Clear meeting instructions, Sev was very knowledgeable about the Colosseum and answ…
great tour, excellent GUIDE AMR
Excellent tour with a very knowledgeable guide AMR - get your walking shoes on as it a full in tour. It was busy at…
Vatican Museum Tour
Our City Wonders Tour guide, Oscar, was very friendly and provided an excellent tour of the Vatican Museum and the …
Well Worth The Money - Excellent Tors
Superb knowledge and insight from our guide at the Vatican, Oscar. learned so much i left with my head spinning. On…
- Duration: 2h
- Mobile Ticket Accepted
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Instant Confirmation
- Languages Offered: English
Why Book on Tripadvisor?
- Reserve Now & Pay Later
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Low Price Guarantee
- No Booking Fees
- Secure Payments
- 24/7 SupportCall:+1 855 275 5071
Travelers also viewed
Frequently bought together
Popular: Booked by 120,022 travelers!
Popular: Booked by 18,831 travelers!
from $56.29* $67.89
Popular: Booked by 76,409 travelers!
Popular: Booked by 33,978 travelers!
Frequently Asked Questions about Sistine Chapel Early Access plus St Peter's Skip the Line and Crypts
What time does Sistine Chapel Early Access plus St Peter's Skip the Line and Crypts start?
Sistine Chapel Early Access plus St Peter's Skip the Line and Crypts will start at 7:20 AM. Discover and book Sistine Chapel Early Access plus St Peter's Skip the Line and Crypts on Tripadvisor
Which attractions will I visit with Sistine Chapel Early Access plus St Peter's Skip the Line and Crypts?
During this experience, places you will visit include:Discover and book Sistine Chapel Early Access plus St Peter's Skip the Line and Crypts on Tripadvisor
How much is Sistine Chapel Early Access plus St Peter's Skip the Line and Crypts?
Sistine Chapel Early Access plus St Peter's Skip the Line and Crypts price starts from $92.58. Discover and book Sistine Chapel Early Access plus St Peter's Skip the Line and Crypts on Tripadvisor
What is the Sistine Chapel Early Access plus St Peter's Skip the Line and Crypts cancellation policy?
Sistine Chapel Early Access plus St Peter's Skip the Line and Crypts cancellation policy: For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Discover and book Sistine Chapel Early Access plus St Peter's Skip the Line and Crypts on Tripadvisor