Select Date and Travelers
Select tour language
Low Price Guarantee
Stray from the beaten path and visit eateries favored by Romans on a food-and-walking tour of the Prati neighborhood. While sampling a variety of local delicacies, some of which you might miss if exploring independently, explore the area at sunset and see Rome at daylight and dusk. Plus, a small group limited to 13 means you’ll receive personalized attention from your guide throughout.
- You'll start atCiproVia Cipro, 00136 Roma RM, ItalyThe meeting point is the Cipro metro train station ( lower level ) From the highstreet, walk down the staircase and arrive in an open square where the guide will be. If you arrive by underground train, simply walk out past the turnstiles and you arrive in the open square where the guide will beSee address & details
- 1The Roman Food TourStop: 4 hours - Admission includedSee details
- 2Bonci PizzariumStop: 45 minutes - Admission includedSee details
- 3La TradizioneStop: 45 minutes - Admission includedSee details
- 4Paciotti SalumeriaStop: 45 minutes - Admission includedSee details
- 5Al Giardino Del Gatto E La Volpe SrlStop: 60 minutes - Admission includedSee details
- You'll end atVia Leone IVVia Leone IV, Roma RM, ItalySee address & details
- Go beyond tourist menus on an authentic food-and-walking tour of Rome
- Explore the traditional neighborhood of Prati for a more local experience
- Sample Roman specialties and receive restaurant recommendations
- Enjoy an intimate atmosphere in a small group limited to 13 people
- Bottled water and wine are included on this sunset tour
What to Expect
Your small-group evening walking tour begins in the Prati district, where you greet your guide. In the traditional Italian way, awaken your palate with fresh buffalo mozzarella and other aperitivo, accompanied by a glass of wine. The next stop is one of Rome’s most celebrated pizzerias, Pizzarium. Sample multiple flavors made by the “Michelangelo of Pizza,” Gabriele Bonci, perhaps prosciutto with fig, zucchini, and ricotta, or scamorza with spinach. Next, visit the Paciotti family’s gourmet food shop, to taste truffles, cured meat, aged balsamic vinegar, and specialty cheeses, and have another glass of vino. Continue on to an award-winning restaurant to feast on traditional pasta and wine before ending at an artisanal gelateria. After receiving more restaurant recommendations from your guide, bid farewell in at Via Lione IV next to the Vatican main metro.
Via Cipro, 00136 Roma RM, Italy
Via Leone IV, Roma RM, Italy
- Bottle of water
- Food tasting
- Tour escort/host
- Entry/Admission - The Roman Food Tour
- Entry/Admission - Bonci Pizzarium
- Entry/Admission - La Tradizione
- Entry/Admission - Paciotti Salumeria
- Entry/Admission - Al Giardino Del Gatto E La Volpe Srl
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Special substitutions offered for those with dietary restrictions including Vegan, Vegetarian, Gluten-free and lactose-intolerant. Please advise in the special requirements field at time of booking
- The minimum age for this tour is 3 years old.
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 13 travelers
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Time of year
What a fun evening spent eating, drinking and learning about Rome’s food scene! From bruschetta to gelato and everything in between we had a fantastic evening! Francesco made sure we all had plenty of fun, food, wine and laughs! Highly recommend this tour!
My husband and I did this tour with Francesca. There was one other couple in our evening group. The food and wine were phenomenal! The first two places we went to were very intimate, yet welcoming. At each of those locations we tried excellent cheeses, pesto sauces, and meats.…
This food tour was by far the best part of my trip to Rome! It was my birthday so our guide, Francesca, made it even more special for me! The food and wine we sampled was out of this world and the knowledge Francesca shared was amazing. She kept us all entertained and switched…
Date of experience: September 2020
This was one of the greatest experiences we had in our trip to Rome! Francesca was our guide, and she was fantastic! She was very knowledgeable, fun, and helped us to understand Roman culture through food, wine, humor, and hand gestures. I thoroughly enjoyed everything we ate…
Date of experience: September 2020
This was such a great tour! Francesca was so knowledgable and welcoming, she easily made us feel like family as she gave explained the many Italian delights. This tour includes places that I would not have ventured to without a local. Everything was delicious! I highly recommend…
Date of experience: July 2020
About the operator
Don’t take it from us – here’s what people have to say about this operator.
By: The Roman Food Tour
Delicious fun evening
A really enjoyable evening food tour of Trastevere with our guide Elena. A good chance to try some local specialiti…
Our tour guide Francesca was fantastic! She shared her passion for food with us and the tour was interesting as wel…
Super food tour!
We originally booked a Trevi food tour, but due to the COVID19 circumstances we had to change our plans. Luckily we…
Francesca was a wonderful and knowledgeable tour guide. Got to eat our way through Rome. Everything was clean and s…
So worth it!
My boyfriend and I went on a evening tour around the Travestere area of Rome guided by Francesca. It was honestly a…
Great tour, highly recommended
Super friendly and awesome food highlights. Definitely worth the money. If you are in Rome you should try this out.
Great food, guide and knowledge
What a great tour! We were the first tour after a long hiatus do to recent restrictions and had a great experience.…
Virtual cooking class with Luisa
During COVID 19 ‘lockdown’ we decided to have a five day ‘virtual’ holiday in Rome with our very good friends Janet…
Top activity we did!
This was one of our trip highlights! Our English speaking guide was great 👍 the stops we made were amazing and the…
Virtual Cooking Class with Luisa
During Covid-19 stay at home order, we decided to do a virtual cooking class with Luisa from the Roman Food Tour. S…
The virtual cooking class
My 2 daughters (age 11 and 16 y) and myself joined the virtual cooking class with Louisa today. The class was fabul…
Don’t eat any breakfast before you do this tour, you’ll struggle to fit in the amazing food along the way! Jess was…
Local Italian Food at its best!
Great tour - Domenico really made it he was an outstanding guide. Amazing and varied food experience
another excellent Roam Food Tour
We were part of a fairly small group on the historical centre tour which lasted 3.5 hours but was an easy walk. We'…
Neither myself or my boyfriend had done a food tour before and really wanted to experience the best that Rome had t…
- Duration: 4h
- Mobile Ticket Accepted
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Instant Confirmation
- Languages Offered: English, French, Italian
Why Book on Tripadvisor?
- Reserve Now & Pay Later
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Low Price Guarantee
- No Booking Fees
- Secure Payments
- 24/7 SupportCall:+1 855 275 5071
Travelers also viewed
Popular: Booked by 1,832 travelers!
Frequently bought together
Popular: Booked by 219,961 travelers!
Popular: Booked by 18,831 travelers!
Popular: Booked by 120,015 travelers!
Frequently Asked Questions about Rome Food Tour by Sunset around Prati District
Which attractions will I visit with Rome Food Tour by Sunset around Prati District?
During this experience, places you will visit include:Discover and book Rome Food Tour by Sunset around Prati District on Tripadvisor
How much is Rome Food Tour by Sunset around Prati District?
Rome Food Tour by Sunset around Prati District price starts from $112.71. Discover and book Rome Food Tour by Sunset around Prati District on Tripadvisor
What is the Rome Food Tour by Sunset around Prati District cancellation policy?
Rome Food Tour by Sunset around Prati District cancellation policy: For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Discover and book Rome Food Tour by Sunset around Prati District on Tripadvisor
Which company provides Rome Food Tour by Sunset around Prati District?
Rome Food Tour by Sunset around Prati District is hosted by The Roman Food Tour. Read reviews, discover additonal experiences or contact The Roman Food Tour on Tripadvisor. Discover and book Rome Food Tour by Sunset around Prati District on Tripadvisor