Select Date and Travelers
Reserve Now & Pay Later
Low Price Guarantee
Many tourists visit the Colosseum, but few see the monument’s underground chambers. Get an in-depth look of one of the New7Wonders of the World on this Rome sightseeing tour. Descend to chambers used to keep gladiators and wild animals after a whistle-stop tour of Rome highlights including Palatine Hill, the Roman Forum, and the Arch of Constantine. Plus, receive personalized attention in a small group limited to 12 people.
- You'll start atLargo Gaetana AgnesiLargo Gaetana Agnesi, 00184 Roma RM, ItalyOn the Upper Level of the Colosseo Metro on Line B, below the Metro sign.See address & details
- 1Roman ForumStop: 60 minutes - Admission includedSee details
- 2Palatine HillStop: 60 minutes - Admission includedSee detailsPass byArco di Costantino
- 3ColosseumStop: 90 minutes - Admission includedSee details
- You'll end atLargo Gaetana AgnesiLargo Gaetana Agnesi, 00184 Roma RM, ItalyOn the Upper Level of the Colosseo Metro on Line B, below the Metro sign.See address & details
- Get an alternative sightseeing experience on an underground Colosseum tour
- A great way for first-time visitors to orient themselves
- Beat the crowds with an early morning departure time
- Ask plenty of questions in a small group limited to 12 people
What to Expect
Your tour begins on a sightseeing tour of Rome highlights. Enjoy panoramic views from the Roman Forum and discover the history behind the Arch of Constantine, Palatine Hill, and many other fascinating sights Next, head straight inside the Colosseum with your pre-booked admission ticket and descend to the underground chambers formerly used to keep wild animals and gladiators captive. Hear commentary from your guide about the site's history, and because your group is limited to 12 people, you have plenty of opportunities to ask questions. Your informative tour concludes back in front of the Colosseum.
Largo Gaetana Agnesi, 00184 Roma RM, Italy
Returns to original departure point
- Full tour from an expert guide
- Small-group tour of max 12 (max 24 in the Colosseum)
- Headsets for groups of 6 or more
- Entry/Admission - Roman Forum
- Entry/Admission - Palatine Hill
- Entry/Admission - Colosseum
- Hotel pick-up and return
- Food and drink
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- NB: You must have a valid photo ID to enter the Colosseum (student's ID, Driver License, Passport or State ID all work.) You will be asked to also provide your name, last name and date of birth (at the beginning of the tour, if not provided beforehand.) Security may prevent you from entering the site if the information provided is not accurate and/or don't match the one on your ID.
- Infant price applies with the minimum of one adult
- Colosseum and Roman Forum are ancient sites and not wheelchair friendly. The terrain is uneven with stairs and uphill paths.
- Water fountains available on site
- Wear comfortable shoes; bring hat and sunscreen
- For security reasons, all visitors and their luggage shall be screened; all objects (including mobile phones) must be put in the bag/backpack or in the tray for X-ray screening
- Large backpacks, camping bags, bulky bags, and luggage/trolleys are not allowed; medium and small backpacks can be shouldered and must be checked, as any other bag, with metal detectors, opened and visually inspected by security
- Group size limited to 12 people in the Roman Forum/Palatine Hill. 24 people in the Colosseum
- Please notice that the Colosseum Administration has the faculty to close the Colosseum, or parts of it, with or without notice, for events, strikes, heavy rain, or any other reason. In which case, we will offer an alternative itinerary as it seems fit and offer a partial refund.
- Please note that sprays are not allowed inside the Colosseum.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Time of year
Had a wonderful time on this tour and didn’t have to queue for it. Vincenzo was an incredibly knowledgable guide and answered everything I asked perfectly.
Excellent tour, the tour guide was very knowledgeable, only had six people in our group, got lots of personal attention and answers to our specific questions. Spent half of the time in the Colisseum underground and upper level, the rest on the hill and Forum, were able to stay…
Date of experience: February 2020
Francesca was our guide and she did an excellent job of sharing the deep history associated with the Colosseum, Palatine Hill and the Roman Forum. The guide was important to understand the deep and changing history on this large site. The time flew, everything was on time and…
Date of experience: January 2020
We had a great tour with Maria. She we extremely knowledgeable, very enthusiastic, and added a bunch of interesting details. Great way to skip the lines and keep moving. My wife has a bad back, so we had to leave a little early (after 3.5 hours) but the whole family was…
Date of experience: December 2019
Fantastic experience, everything we thought it would be, however pre booked our tour and didn't realise the tour guide did not give us a talking tour... we had to walk around on our own and find out about history ourselves. It did not spoil the experience but do wish we had…
Date of experience: June 2019
Response from G T, Director of Sales at Small-Group Tour: Colosseum Underground
Responded Oct 29, 2019
Dear sally5588, As much as we share your enthousiasm about the Colosseum, your review does cause slight confusion on our behalf. At Roma Experience we only offer guided tours, meaning that a guide explains and accompanies our customers when visiting the Colosseum/Roman Forum and Palatine Hill. So our customers are not left to wander around the monuments by themselves. Would you be able to contact us directly and provide us with your name/surname and which date you participated in our tour? These are not the standards we withhold for our tours, and therefor I would like to look into this matter in more detail.
About the operator
Don’t take it from us – here’s what people have to say about this operator.
By: Roma Experience Tours
Best way to see Rome is with a tour guide
The tour of the ancient city and the Coliseum was excellent. We had one of the best tour guides. She was previous…
Enjoyed the close up look inside and outside of the Colosseum. The forum and Palatine hill was also enjoyable. Fr…
A guided tour is the best way to see the Colosseum and Roman Forum
I knew that I wanted to see the Colosseum and Roman Forum, but wasn’t sure if I should go on my own or with a guide…
Vatican tour with Santi, small group
We were told this would be a group of no more than 10 and it turned out to be 8. Santi was an excellent host and ma…
Private Tour of Colosseum and Forum
It was definitely worth the price to book a private tour. Francesca M, our tour guide, was amazing. We spent a wond…
Very good guide (Elisa). She answered all the question, well informed and entertaining. Well worth the money.
A little bit rushed and not always easy to hear because of so many other people. Overall though it was good.
Maria gave my wife and I a thoroughly enjoyable, personal, informed and educational tour. She was able to focus on…
This tour was great! I found the catacombs fascinating and Beatrice was incredibly knowledgeable on both the cataco…
This tour was good. Vincenzo our guide made the first part of the tour very interesting and he was very knowledgeab…
Awesome guide and service
This was our first time in Rome. The Vatican was amazing. The tours were on point. We had a wonderful time. Very…
We had Elisa for our tour of only 4 people! The small group size was a great addition. She was extremely informativ…
Restoring Caravaggio - highly recommended
We had an EXCELLENT tour with Beatrice, who was a wonderful guide -- very knowledgeable, personable, responsive, an…
Best tour and guide that I've ever had
I booked a tour with Roma Experience for the colloseum and forum. This was the best tour and tour guide that I've …
Great tour! Absolutely the highlight of our trip!
We took the colosseum underground tour with Beatrice as our tour guide and she is a really good one. She is friendl…
- Duration: 3h 30m
- Mobile Ticket Accepted
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Instant Confirmation
- Languages Offered: English
Why Book on Tripadvisor?
- Reserve Now & Pay Later
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Low Price Guarantee
- No Booking Fees
- Secure Payments
- 24/7 SupportCall:+1 855 275 5071
Travelers also viewed
Popular: Booked by 314 travelers!
Popular: Booked by 5,044 travelers!
Frequently bought together
Popular: Booked by 219,961 travelers!
Popular: Booked by 18,831 travelers!
Popular: Booked by 31,223 travelers!
Popular: Booked by 219,961 travelers!
from $54.54* $65.79
Popular: Booked by 76,406 travelers!
Popular: Booked by 17,085 travelers!
Frequently Asked Questions about Small-Group Tour: Colosseum Underground
Which attractions will I visit with Small-Group Tour: Colosseum Underground?
During this experience, places you will visit include:Discover and book Small-Group Tour: Colosseum Underground on Tripadvisor
How much is Small-Group Tour: Colosseum Underground?
Small-Group Tour: Colosseum Underground price starts from $143.07. Discover and book Small-Group Tour: Colosseum Underground on Tripadvisor
What is the Small-Group Tour: Colosseum Underground cancellation policy?
Small-Group Tour: Colosseum Underground cancellation policy: For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Discover and book Small-Group Tour: Colosseum Underground on Tripadvisor
Which company provides Small-Group Tour: Colosseum Underground?
Small-Group Tour: Colosseum Underground is hosted by Roma Experience Tours. Read reviews, discover additonal experiences or contact Roma Experience Tours on Tripadvisor. Discover and book Small-Group Tour: Colosseum Underground on Tripadvisor