per adult (price varies by group size)
Lowest price guaranteeFree cancellation
Ages 3-99, max of 30 per group
Duration: 2 days
Start time: Check availability
Live guide: German, Portuguese, English, French, Spanish
What's not included
- Hotel pickup and drop-off from selected hotels
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Expert local guides for Pompeii and Capri explorations
- Dedicated tour assistant while in Sorrento
- Stay overnight at a 4-star hotel in the heart of Sorrento
- Benefit from the guidance of a tour director on the whole tour
- Ferry Tickets to Capri island (from April to October only)
- Visit to the Blue Grotto (April to October and weather and sea conditions permitting)
- Entry/Admission - Pompeii Archaeological Park
- Entry/Admission - Porto di Sorrento
- Entry/Admission - Blue Grotto
- City tax (to pay to the hotel)
- Departure details
- Traveler pickup is offered.
- Hotel Pickup Details: * For hotel transport, contact us at least 24 hours before your tour for confirmed pick-up timing. * Be prepared in the hotel lobby 10 minutes prior to the scheduled pick-up. Self-Arrival Option: * If your accommodation isn't within our pickup service area, please come directly to the tour's starting point. * Arrive at Via Luigi Einaudi, adjacent to Santa Maria degli Angeli e dei Martiri church, 20 minutes before the tour begins. * Spot our team wearing the 'I love Rome' logo in pink. Nearest metro: A-Line, Repubblica stop.
- Repubblica, 00185 Rome, Metropolitan City of Rome Capital, Italy Self-Arrival Option: * Arrive at Via Luigi Einaudi, adjacent to Santa Maria degli Angeli e dei Martiri church, 20 minutes before the tour begins. * Spot our team wearing the 'I love Rome' logo in pink. Nearest metro: A-Line, Repubblica stop.
- Metropolitan City of Rome Capital, Italy
- Hotel pickup is offered. View the hotel list on our checkout page to see if yours is included among the pickup points.
- Returns to original departure point
If you have questions about accessibility, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 5034ROM16
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- During peak season, visiting the Blue Grotto in Capri may involve long lines and limited capacity. If access is not possible, or the weather conditions do not allow it, our guides will suggest alternative attractions to ensure a satisfying and memorable tour (e.g. Faraglioni rocks).
- Please note: from Nov 1st to Mar 31st this tour will not visit Capri island on Day 2. Guests will have a free day to explore Sorrento on their own.
- To the French and German speakers: Please note that a minimum of 10 participants is required to confirm this tour in your language. If this minimum is not met, the tour will be conducted in English. Kindly contact our reservations team to confirm the language option for your tour within 24 hours before departure.
- Each traveler is allowed a maximum of 1 suitcase and 1 carry-on bag. Oversized or excessive luggage (e.g. surfboards, golf clubs or bikes) may have certain restrictions, please inquire with the operator prior to travel to confirm if your excess luggage is acceptable
- If three adults are traveling together, please book one single and one double room, otherwise the booking will be received as triple room and all customers will be accommodated in a triple room
- Maximum of 3 people per room and only one room per booking. In the case of 3 adults and 1 child two separate rooms will need to be booked
- From November to March: Audio guide to Pompeii will be available and included for the following languages: Italian, French, German, Portuguese, Chinese, Japanese, Russian
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- Dress code for dinner is smart casual
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 30 travelers
- If you cancel at least 7 days in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee.
- If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
- If you cancel within 2 days of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
- Which attractions will I visit with 2-Day South Italy Tour from Rome: Fall in Love with Pompeii, Sorrento and Capri?
- During this experience, places you will visit include:Discover and book 2-Day South Italy Tour from Rome: Fall in Love with Pompeii, Sorrento and Capri on Tripadvisor
- How much is 2-Day South Italy Tour from Rome: Fall in Love with Pompeii, Sorrento and Capri?
- 2-Day South Italy Tour from Rome: Fall in Love with Pompeii, Sorrento and Capri price starts from $649.42. Discover and book 2-Day South Italy Tour from Rome: Fall in Love with Pompeii, Sorrento and Capri on Tripadvisor
- What is the 2-Day South Italy Tour from Rome: Fall in Love with Pompeii, Sorrento and Capri cancellation policy?
- 2-Day South Italy Tour from Rome: Fall in Love with Pompeii, Sorrento and Capri cancellation policy: If you cancel at least 7 days in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee. If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee. If you cancel within 2 days of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee. Discover and book 2-Day South Italy Tour from Rome: Fall in Love with Pompeii, Sorrento and Capri on Tripadvisor
- Which company provides 2-Day South Italy Tour from Rome: Fall in Love with Pompeii, Sorrento and Capri?
- 2-Day South Italy Tour from Rome: Fall in Love with Pompeii, Sorrento and Capri is hosted by Gray Line - I Love Rome. Read reviews, discover additonal experiences or contact Gray Line - I Love Rome on Tripadvisor. Discover and book 2-Day South Italy Tour from Rome: Fall in Love with Pompeii, Sorrento and Capri on Tripadvisor
- If you have questions about this tour or need help making your booking, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 5034ROM16
Reserve your spot
Rome → Naples → Pompeii → Sorrento
Sorrento → Capri → Rome
About the operator
Gray Line - I Love Rome
Rome, Lazio, Italy
#262 of 1,908 Tours & Activities in Rome
- TammiC31800Very nice tour!Loved this tour!! Our guide, Val was excellent!! She is very knowledgeable, friendly and professional. She did a great job of keeping up with a large group in crowded areas. She helped all of us feel comfortable at the train station and on the train going and returning. The tour is not rushed. We enjoyed our free time in Venice. The gondola ride was romantic. Even though the city was very crowded, it is beautiful! We made the best of it and marked this destination off our bucket list. We highly recommend this tour!! It is very enjoyable!
- Freedom6677498119800Wonderful MindblowingWe had an amazing tour it took about 3 hours lots of walking so wear comfortable shoes . It was worth every cent to be able to skip the line everywhere and have all of the information about each place we were looking at . Would highly recommend
- 00Hop on Hop offVery affordable for a 3 day pass. We saw so much at each stop. Francis was helpful and very informative about the different sites to see. We even learned where the name cappuccino came from. We would difficultly use this transportation again.
- Pamela C00Totally worth the moneyIt was perfect for our group except the cover on the bus didn’t keep out the rain. We loved the ride and commentary as we toured around the city.
- Sean L00ExcellentThe experience and explanation of everything on the tour was very clear and detailed. Alexandra took the time to show us everything.
- Thomas J00Vatican Tour - Roberta 5 StarsRoberta was a great guide. Very knowledgeable about art and history. I definitely recommend this tour if you plan a Vatican trip.
- bobpI7764HD00Worth it in every city.Love hop on bus. Took the entire round trip. Then went back to see the sights we wanted to explore. Some not visible from the bus route.
- davidandhelenb202300Go with another hop on hop off!The staff were more interested in talking to each other than doing their job and making sure the commentary was the for right place and they were very loud. In one of the buses, the ticket collector talked so loudly so you couldn't hear the commentary in the headset. I have done HOHO all over the world and this would have been one of the worst.
- davidandhelenb202300Very GoodThe tour was very comprehensive and the guides were very knowledgeable. the only issue I had was that we were picked up from the hotel but at the end of the tour we were left at the colosseum
- dianewB2518ZP00Great day in PompeiiBooked this only two days before we went on the tour and was a bit apprehensive about a long coach tour but it was great day out. We gained more information on Rome as we exited the city and we had a good guide in Gavino. Our local guide Fabrino was very knowledgeable and led a great tour of Pompeii. Coach was very comfy and clean. I usually do more independent touring (i.e. normally would have taken to Naples and done my own tour round Pompii), but after 5 days of walking around Rome, this was a great way to just relax and let someone else do the organising.
- FerBreder00Great tourMe and my family had a great time on this tour. We wanted more independent time in Pompeii (2 seniors who didn't want to walk too much + 2 history nerds who wanted to see everything), so we looked for an option that didn't include a walking tour of Pompeii. Our guide was lovely (even my 8 year old niece said so) and we felt like we had enough time to see the main attractions. The ruins did not disappoint, despite the terrible weather on the day.
- Renee W00Colosseum, Roman Forum and Palatine Hill was amazingIt was an amazing trip, and our guide was very knowledgeable about everything. We loved seeing everything and how she made it very easy to visualize. The only comment I have is to please leave a few minutes for the tourist to go to the restroom before everything closes.
- S1992XVjohnc00Pompeii Visit from RomeWas a great way to visit Pompeii from Rome but found that the visit was a bit short. There was so much to see at the site that we ran out of time. Although the visit to Naples was interesting, I would have preferred the time at Pompeii. The best way to see it in full would be to book accommodation close by. That said, the tour guide from Rome was very good and coach trip was comfortable. Had a short break on the way and on the way back for coffee and comfort break. Overall, it was a great trip and would recommend.
- alexisrR5412SW00Vatican ExperienceI really loved this tour. Filled with interesting information and the tour guide was kind and awesome in explaining everything.
- dansV503XO00Guided tour of Colosseum, Roman Forum and Palatine HillIt was an incredible tour, aided by the excellent tour guide who had an abundance of historical facts to share as we visited the Colosseum, the Roman Forum and Palatine Hill. I booked it as part of a last minute tour and it was worth every penny
Detailed Reviews: Reviews order informed by descriptiveness of user-identified themes such as cleanliness, atmosphere, general tips and location information.
Oct 2019 • Friends
Each of the guides were amazing. Matteo, Ana and Sascha! I’d totally recommend them to others in the future.
Written October 28, 2019
This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews as part of our industry-leading trust & safety standards. Read our transparency report to learn more.
Dear J Nicole, thanks for reviewing our two-day 'Limoncello Tour' (Naples, Pompeii, Sorrento and Capri) and for acknowledging your tour leaders' contribution to your marvelous experience: We're delighted it was worthwhile and recommendable. Thanks and regards, the Gray Line I Love Rome Team
Written November 4, 2019
This response is the subjective opinion of the management representative and not of Tripadvisor LLC.
Hello. My name is Aleda. My friend and I are looking for a 2 day excursion out of Rome to see Pompeii and the Amalfi Coast. Depart Rome for Pompeii 3/26, return to Rome 3/27. Our flight back to the USA is in the morning of March 28. Do you go to Capri on this excursion? Thank you,
Yes, we went to Sorrento and spent the night there, but it included a day trip to Capri. Weather did not allow us to see the Blue Grotto (which they said happens a lot) but we enjoyed our afternoon on the island of Capri anyway. It was an amazing day!
Buy it with
Rome to Pompeii, Sorrento & Capri: 2-Day South Italy Tour provided by Gray Line - I Love Rome
Product Overview: 2-Day South Italy Tour from Rome: Fall in Love with Pompeii, Sorrento and Capri
Number of Reviews
Number of Photos